Bigger C

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Bigger C »

(Asset) rip and tear

UNTIL IT IS DONE
SiMpLeToNiUm

Post by SiMpLeToNiUm »

To my knowledge, it isn't explained (plainly) through New Doom's campaign and collectibles who the voice instructing you to rip and tear belongs to. I hope this is eventually divulged or otherwise investigated and discovered. I feel like they are central to the plot and we don't know it yet. Also, New Doom 2 a possibility? Thoughts?
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started playing Project CARS 2 in VR with HTC VIVE that I just bought and the racing wheel with force feedback + 6 speed H-pattern and clutch. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

My life has changed in relation to racing sims. You can practically put your head under the passenger seat and look at the seat controls, that's how realistic it is. I CANNOT put in to words what this game is like in VR with the wheel. You can do sequential clutchless on the paddles if you want, but I'm having way too much fun rowing my own gears. It is absolutely breath taking to drive around in Ferrari's and R8's in VR 3D with ultra graphic settings.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

With VR devices doing down in price significantly as of late, it's getting to be close to time that I can actually afford one. Though I'm primarily in it for Hotdogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades as the killer-app - judging from his recent updates, it's shaping up to be quite solid.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

I'm itching to try Onward, myself.

Scripten

Post by Scripten »

wildweasel wrote:With VR devices doing down in price significantly as of late, it's getting to be close to time that I can actually afford one. Though I'm primarily in it for Hotdogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades as the killer-app - judging from his recent updates, it's shaping up to be quite solid.
Can attest to this. H3 is amazing stuff. Also all of Croteam's VR ports are very solid games. They seem to understand the medium well. I'd recommend waiting just a little bit longer, though. The new Vive Pro is going to be expensive at first, but it will be worth getting it over the original.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Man, I just watched the demonstration of Take & Hold mode and this is basically everything I wanted a VR FPS game to be. It looks fantastic.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

Did those worries about the cryptocurrency rush on graphics cards wind up fading out, if people here are optimistic about VR? I heard concerns about the VR market over that debacle.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Bigger C wrote:Did those worries about the cryptocurrency rush on graphics cards wind up fading out, if people here are optimistic about VR? I heard concerns about the VR market over that debacle.
I'm not sure. I paid about $350-$400 for this GTX1060 6GB. I didn't like the prices of the x70 and x80...
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

I have no idea what I'm doing and it looks bad
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Welp it looks cool... Tight and Damp! I wonder what kind of bad guys locked up in this prison. :P
SiMpLeToNiUm

Post by SiMpLeToNiUm »

abbuw wrote:I have no idea what I'm doing and it looks bad
Needs more crates. Can always use more crates.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I love crates. The only thing better than crates is crates you can break.

(Hexen II may have had a significant effect on my interpretation of map interactivity.)

Today's haul: Beyond the Red Mirror. And a tiny sleeping dragon. A Twist in the Myth will be arriving some time tomorrow. :)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Installed purple LEDs under the dash to light up the floor and pedals any time the door to the car is opened. (Purple is my wife's color, so I'm continuing that theme to honor her.)

Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I've always thought your car had manual transmission.

Return to “Off-Topic”