The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Captain J »

Nice designs! I'm sure people would get interested. So yeah, good luck!

Recently made these characters. I guess i'm ready for the another doom modding!
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Thanks for reminding me of TVtropes, I'll be back in a day. :P

Nice switch-around of the trope though.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Has anybody found out about Hunt Down The Freeman? All I'll say about it is... Half-Life should have just died peacefully instead of having it's corpse used as a puppet.

What's worse is Valve gave it the "Black Mesa" treatment and it's actually being sold... on Steam.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Even if you disagree with the story elements being reused (assuming you dislike fan fiction here, i understand), the mod does have some interesting new mechanics. The whole spooky corpse/ghost sight thing is nothing new (Planescape, bitches!) but it adds an interesting plot and puzzle function, if used properly.

I'm only too happy that mod developers can be given the option to sell products using established assets and fiction. Could you see any other gaming company doing the same? Even Id (blessed be thy name) are more comfortable leaving us to our own devices, as long as money isn't being made.

Okay, so the combat itself seems a bit dated. I think they're focusing on story.

And Half-life isn't quite dead... yet....
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

So while there's still no release date, the SRB2 devs just put out a new trailer and some more information on the next version. Suffice it to say that I'm fairly stoked. It's a pretty massive change.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

I dunno, with regards to Hunt Down the Freeman I cannot find anything good about it. Even the gameplay is pretty awful, way too many "invasion" levels where you just get waves of infinite monsters instead of anything interesting, no explanation of the game mechanics (if you see a table blocking a doorway in HL2, the usual option is to smash it or grab it, which the game teaches you how to do. In this game you have to press Z to prone which is not indicated in any way), the parkour system is limited, glitchy, and relies on you binding a key to "holster" because apparently they didn't set a default keybind???

Its not worth $25 at any level. Fuck I wouldn't pay a buck for it. heh
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

Hunt Down the Refund was, apparently, an absolute disorganized mess on every level. I feel really bad for the devs who actually tried their hardest because in the end it produced such a steaming hunk of garbage. From what I've seen, none of the developers actually knew what any of the others were doing, lots of people didn't even get paid, and everything just sorta got mashed together by the "director" hurriedly all too close to their release date (which, by the way, was delayed because the dude wanted to seem "cool", not because it actually needed to be delayed!).
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Extracted the "you found a secret" sound from Dark Messiah. That's going in my Heretic/Hexen autoload. :D

EDIT: My sis got me a portable Sega Genesis player. This thing is really nice. :)

Been trying out some different games on it... I think I like Arrow Flash better than Gradius/Nemesis. Never could get the feel of early battle platformers though.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

My wife killed a (open) hand-sized spider yesterday. Given i'm paranoid with bugs/pests, i'm still scratching my arms, neck... and looking to the sides and ceiling all the time.

And i left my airsoft pistol loaded with me. I feel so useless.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Now that's another legit reason to shoot airsoft guns. Think imma buy one to take care of flies. It's hiiiiiiiigh noon!
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

For the purposes of killing insects, there's an air powered shotgun that fires table salt. I have no idea how well it works but the concept is ridiculous and amazing.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

InsanityBringer wrote:For the purposes of killing insects, there's an air powered shotgun that fires table salt. I have no idea how well it works but the concept is ridiculous and amazing.
It'd also double as the most badass possible way to season a steak.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Overkill, not even once.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Trust me. That kind of gun exists. Seasoning pests and living food... Although Peter Pepper from Burger Time did that first! :P
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Finally done configuring my RGB in my new PC for various game modes. I also have an awesome CPU/GPU overheat warning! Check it out if you want, I love it!

Return to “Off-Topic”