The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by DoomRater »

Just tried to use random inside an Offset parameter. QZDoom didn't take to that too well, giving me both an error AND crashing.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Captain Ventris wrote:Welp, my wife and my storage unit got broken into (they drilled the lock or used bolt cutters). Some priceless jewelry was stolen, a cello, a computer monitor. There are cameras and everything, we’ve already got a pretty good inventory and records of the missing jewelry, so there’s a real good chance of catching em and tracing our stuff. Still, Jesus Christ.
The desperation of some people these days. I hope there is a swift recovery of your stuff.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Captain Ventris wrote:Welp, my wife and my storage unit got broken into (they drilled the lock or used bolt cutters).
Sounds realy bad. Is your wife ok? How does somone even break into somone else?
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

insightguy wrote:
Captain Ventris wrote:Welp, my wife and my storage unit got broken into (they drilled the lock or used bolt cutters).
Sounds realy bad. Is your wife ok? How does somone even break into somone else?
Ba-dum bum.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

That's very unfortunate... And yeah, i wish the case can be closed quickly and sorry to hear that. It's quite upsetting that thieves does know how to break the safe.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Captain J wrote:That's very unfortunate... And yeah, i wish the case can be closed quickly and sorry to hear that. It's quite upsetting that thieves does know how to break the safe.
Anything physical can be broken into with enough effort. And in this case, people too apparently.

The trick is to ensure that geting it should be more trouble than its worth.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Got tired of trying to play the nocturnal episodes after only a few floors. (I keep getting 0% secrets but 100% treasure, I'm doubting there are any secrets to find.) Moved on to Spear of Destiny instead, and the jump in quality is noticeable.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

There was a recent fight between two giant robots that went about as well as you'd expect it to. Seems real life is nothing like my Japanese animes.
Trance

Post by Trance »

Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And i'm so glad i love Ridiculous giant mechas like Gundam. Being unrealistic sometimes can be entertaining unlike something in the reality. :P
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

DoomRater wrote:Just tried to use random inside an Offset parameter. QZDoom didn't take to that too well, giving me both an error AND crashing.
Offset doesn't accept DECORATE expressions, as far as I know.
Jaxxoon R wrote:Seems real life is nothing like my Japanese animes.
Well, why should they be? Why should this be a surprise to anyone?

We know that the combat robotics of this age aren't nearly as advanced as we make them out to be on TV... so why were so many people expecting that it'd be like some sort of Mobile Suit Gundam type stuff going down?

This actually reminds me of the initial issue I had (along with others) with DOOM's sounds... how they sounded fairly underwhelming... especially the BFG. But then as I continued watching, they grew on me. And I figured the same happened with many of the others.

Maybe many people today don't have a firm grasp on what today's machinery is actually capable of, and so therefore aren't used to how well (or, rather, how unwell) they perform... so they don't know what to expect and default to some form of optimism.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

DoomKrakken wrote:

We know that the combat robotics of this age aren't nearly as advanced as we make them out to be on TV... so why were so many people expecting that it'd be like some sort of Mobile Suit Gundam type stuff going down?

This actually reminds me of the initial issue I had (along with others) with DOOM's sounds... how they sounded fairly underwhelming... especially the BFG. But then as I continued watching, they grew on me. And I figured the same happened with many of the others.

Maybe many people today don't have a firm grasp on what today's machinery is actually capable of, and so therefore aren't used to how well (or, rather, how unwell) they perform... so they don't know what to expect and default to some form of optimism.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Shadelight wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:

Captain J

Post by Captain J »

It's no mistake. It's called learning!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Got back into MechWarrior Online since they fixed a lot of my issues with it, and I've been enjoying the hell out of my time with it.

Return to “Off-Topic”