The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Enjay

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Enjay »

From poking around the line options in GZDB, I remembered that UDMF can do 3D mid textures that can also be passed through by projectiles (unlike the ones in ZDoomHexen mode which can't). This made me very happy. :)
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Darkcrafter »

It always feel awesome for finding a solution, now I'm looking if there is a capability to make 3d floors passable by projectiles and bullets, but not passable by players and monsters, it kind of now allows only for bullets to pass.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

what did i last do? "deleted" cause it may start a flame war...anywho....

other than that.... im hungry and i dont know what i want to make. Any ideas?
Gez

Post by Gez »

One liter milk
500g wheat flour
50g butter
5 eggs

melt butter in saucepan then mix with milk and eggs
slowly add flour while continuously mixing to avoid lumps, though if you have a mechanical mixer you can just brute-force them away

once everything is thoroughly mixed into a thick, homogeneous paste, oil and heat a large pan. When it's very hot, pour a ladle of the paste in it, angle the pan to get the paste to flow everywhere before it dries up and becomes solid. Let it cook a short while, just a dozen or so seconds, then shake the pan to detach the cooked paste. Use a spatula to flip it over, though with some practice you can just get it to flip in the air with a swift move of the pan. Let it cook for just a few more second, then slide it over a plate, and pour the next ladle, and so on.

This gives you very thin, and very tasty pancakes you can eat with pretty much anything, it goes with cheese and ham just as well as it goes with fruit jam and lemon juice.

It's what I last did.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Gez wrote:It's what I last did.
I swear perfectly baked pancake to me is like a fantasy food or something. I haven't seen perfect pancakes for whole years, but that'll do.

... Despite i'm a big fan of Pound Cake!
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

That's why this forum is so cool, food discussion! So positive! Gotta dilute it with negative: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/09/23/forme ... increased/ :roll:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

This thread tend to be very sometimes. Kinda worth to read some articles like food one.

And thanks for the serious information, i think!
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

Bobby Prince sues valve, gearbox and randy pitchford! https://www.pcgamer.com/duke-nukem-3d-c ... OWZf1kl_ik
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

just watched Dark on Netflix... now my head hurts.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Time for some mapping and doing stuff. I hope that I can do some detailing for someone's map before weekend...
Having procrastination sucks, really.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Well, I got my stereo all installed in the new TransAm. I did most of the install myself (wire cutting, crimping, mounting etc.), but I had to have professionals install the rear subwoofer and external amplifier that I purchased from a friend. Wiring from the trunk in to the battery in the engine bay through the firewall is a bit out of my skill level. When the sound place called me after install they said "Uhhh.... this is not an entry level system. This subwoofer and amp is something people build up to, not start out with. We have the amp turned down to 3%; if you want it any higher, we recommend letting us install a second car battery in your trunk. Meanwhile, watch the voltmeter on your dash. If it goes down and your lights flicker, turn your music off." And I was just like "Yeah... my buddy that sold me the amp and subwoofer doesn't mess around with his car stereos." lol

I have it EQ'd really nicely where it sounds AMAZING (and even at 3% on the external amplifier, and -6dB subwoofer level on the receiver it feels like the subwoofer is going to shatter my windows.) The subwoofer of course hits the low bass hard, but the midrange and highs, the vocals etc. are all very clear from the other speakers. It sounds fantastic together. I think the amplifier is starving the subwoofer at 3%, though, and I don't want to damage the equipment. It's like a 3,000 watt amp, and 2,000 or so watt subwoofer. So, when I can afford it, I'm going to get that second car battery installed, crank up the amp, and try to EQ the bass down a little on the receiver. I want it to sound solid, but I don't want to be one of those annoying people that rumbles the whole street.

So, all of the stock 1999 Pontiac sound system has been removed (except the two 1.5" tweeters in the doors and the two 1.5" tweeters in the trunk), and I have a new receiver, two new 6.5" Orions in the doors (one in each door), two new 6.5" Kicker subwoofers in the rear passenger seat area (one on each side), and an Orion/Bassworx Amp and 10" Subwoofer in the trunk. (I guess the groceries and T-Tops will have to go in the back seat, now. lol)

Pictures of system and install:
Spoiler:
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

its been over 10 years since i owned a pontiac.. A 95 grand am as a matter of fact... had a 3.1L V6 engine in it.. that thing went everywhere in the snow.. Drove it until the unibody rotted out and it would never pass inspection after that. There will never be another car like it.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

irontusk341 wrote:its been over 10 years since i owned a pontiac.. A 95 grand am as a matter of fact... had a 3.1L V6 engine in it.. that thing went everywhere in the snow.. Drove it until the unibody rotted out and it would never pass inspection after that. There will never be another car like it.
It's sad that Pontiac was folded by GM. So GM is no longer making the Firebird/TransAm, the Grand Prix or Grand Am, the GTO (which is arguably the first muscle car in history), or even the G8 which is a bad ass factory sleeper car IMO.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

SouthernLion wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:its been over 10 years since i owned a pontiac.. A 95 grand am as a matter of fact... had a 3.1L V6 engine in it.. that thing went everywhere in the snow.. Drove it until the unibody rotted out and it would never pass inspection after that. There will never be another car like it.
It's sad that Pontiac was folded by GM. So GM is no longer making the Firebird/TransAm, the Grand Prix or Grand Am, the GTO (which is arguably the first muscle car in history), or even the G8 which is a bad ass factory sleeper car IMO.
When i was a kid, My Neighbor owned a 1978 Trans Am. He used to race my dads car all the time, and my dad had an 1982 Marquis.. Those where the days...
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

Doom Eternal launch gets postponed to March 20 2020.

Return to “Off-Topic”