The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Captain J »

Strife is indeed good ol' game for RPG game in first person. Still has own flaws like story twisting and never-ending alarms and such... But hey, i thought it was much better than Doom back then. And i'd like to see strife mods often.

Anyway i went japan just for vacation. It was very fun, interesting and somehow very new!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i decided to get XCOM: Enemy Unknown, because i've heard it's a good game, and seeing footage from it had me intrigued. it definitely didn't peak my interest because of the recently shown Mario + Rabbids game or anything, no sir.
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

I hate the naming of the new game with a fiery passion. I can never remember whether it's the old or new one being referred to.
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

Rachael wrote:That's pretty strange. Yes - your game is indeed broken.
I'll try your suggestion. I really don't know what I did to break it, oh well.

Strife holds up pretty well. The dialogue is solid, the action can be great and it feels unique. However labyrinthine level design over complicates some of the areas, which turn into 20-minute sections of figuring out what to do after you've killed everyone. Also the music really bugged other people who were around me while playing. It can get tiring, especially after the 10th loop. The sound design in general besides voice acting can be lacking, the alarms and the sound effects for the robot spiders are tiring to hear. If I do start a project on Strife I'll be sure to fix the sounds and maybe the music if possible.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Complex maps and music problem is indeed major flaws in strife, but i also think some sound effects has a bit of flaws as well. Some sounds are in high-resolution but others are not.

For instance, Front's Gatekeeper, Geoff has quote 'What are you doing in here?' and it somehow sounds very clean than his other quotes. I'm just wondering why they left them as they are.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i actually did two remixes of Strife music some years ago, and was planning to remake a couple more, like the town theme. but it never really got anywhere, since the game overall doesn't interest me that much.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Just finally beat Dark Souls 3, including Ashes of Ariandel and Ringed City. All bosses down solo, without summoning anyone. So far, I've collected every weapon and armor piece I could have (couldn't get the Catarina armor because I didn't get Siegward's help for the Yhorm fight), got every spell, got every single rank reward from every single covenant.

I recorded all the bosses and mini-bosses (minus a few mini-bosses, didn't think to record them unfortunately), I'll have them uploaded next time I'm somewhere with decent internet. Now, New Game+, so I can finish getting the last four achievements. By the time I'm done, I'll be at New Game+2, with literally every weapon, armor piece, spell, and good stacks of every item useful in PvP. I plan on backing up that save so I can respec to whatever PvP build I want and just have fun dueling with friends.
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

I think I'm getting back into ZDoom.

I realized this when I confused a 20-mile view of a lake and scenery with a really neat skybox.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Bitterman wrote:I think I'm getting back into ZDoom.

I realized this when I confused a 20-mile view of a lake and scenery with a really neat skybox.
A light at one of my jobs was blinking erratically and my first thought was "good placement for that sector type."
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Finally got around to fixing the topic icons' background. No more half-assed transparency.

Also working on an update for zdblack. Fixed a few bugs already, and now I'm trying to improve the rather crappy big buttons.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

so Knee Deep in ZDoom is 10 years old now (2007)
it still stands cool, but (srsly) where's the shores of ZDoom?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I think they were all abandoned and people kept replied when they'll be back. Because i haven't heard those projects for a years.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Nothing like waking up to a salty music developer running around DMCA'ing videos containing contracted work she no longer owns the copyright to! Why she won't fight this in court with the proper people through the proper channels is beyond me.

More info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbIgvJevawo (SidAlpha update video)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Updated theme again. Major icon overhaul. Every icon has been redesigned to match the overall idea of the theme. Oh, changed the big buttons such as the "New Topic", "New PM", etc. Old ones sucked badly. (Remember to clear cache.)

There's also a bunch of other edits, of course.

Fixed a lot of bugs, too. Probably all of them. I hope.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

So, I've been wanting a saturation control for a while now for GZDoom. For those of you on Discord, you probably have already seen this.

Return to “Off-Topic”