The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Enjay

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Enjay »

Just to be clear, I know that the turbines on a car to charge it thing is nonsense. That's why I was posting it - it's funny/amazing/sad that there are people out there who think something like that is a valid solution.
Gez

Post by Gez »

If you want to recharge the battery of an electric car, it's simpler to use the wheels for that -- there are electric cars that recharge when going down a slope. Of course it won't work when on flat ground or climbing up a slope, but then again, gotta stay realistic.

An actual possibility for recharging on the go is solar panels on the roof, but that won't be enough to fully power the car -- especially at night or during cloudy weather. It'll just help increase its autonomy a bit.

Cars fully powered by solar panels are possible, but they're not cars for the general public, they're just cars used for solar racing competitions.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

When i saw that car for the first time, i thought it was an aircraft carrier for little RC planes or drones.

... Anyway to the topic, if we can downsize the Portable Charger and add Solar Panel to it while holding or extend the energy capacity, it could save Electric Car riders' lives!
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Currently eating dal makhani (it's really good!) and listening to the OST from Frozen Synapse 2 (it's also really good!), which finally released yesterday.

Speaking of music, I now have CD copies of every main Moody Blues album through Octave. (Not including the debut cover album. I love the guys, but even they admit they sucked as a cover band.)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Fixed my A/C on my TransAm!! (Hopefully for a long time.) Makes me lose about 1-2RWHP, which is nothing, and MORE than worth it for cold air in this hot ass state. lol.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Uhm, wow?? My firearm self-defense insurance company (USCCA)... I mentioned the passing of my wife on one of their Facebook posts briefly, and a week later I got a card in the mail from their staff. It made me cry reading it. They didn't have to go above and beyond like that, that was really a class act...

Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh... I'm also really sorry about your loss...
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Captain J wrote:Oh... I'm also really sorry about your loss...
Thank you, brother... It's been an absolute nightmare. I won't divulge it all here (There's a topic I don't even remember originally making in all the grief, shock, PTSD, and head injury: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=58116 ), but I don't mind talking about it in general in PM or in that topic or... whatever. I mean it hurts horrifically to talk about, but it hurts horrifically to NOT talk about it, and I don't want to ever block out my soul mate out like it didn't happen. So *shrugs.*
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I honestly can feel the pain of loss. I really do. Since i lost my family members and have gone through with my loved ones through the year. I still miss my grandma and grandpa. They both passed away very quickly, without giving me a chance to say goodbye... And the worst thing is, i was still curious, never realizing what's going on the funeral because i was very young and such... :cry:

Life is unfair and God always can't be our all-time savior, but i wish you remember the good moments with her. To stay strong and move on.

Meanwhile, i'm still getting suffered by a childhood trauma; little bit of PTSD still. I have always been thinking that i wish i could turn back time and correct the mistakes.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Been watching far too much Ashens. knockoff/bootlegg/crap toys have always amused me, and he has tons of the damn things.
namsan

Post by namsan »

I went to dental clinic because I feel stange pain from my mouth, and they discovered a very unusual wisdom teeth in my mouth.
they said removing it needs some complex surgery because they can't remove it nomrally. :shock:
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

I have a new keyboard. It's a G.SKILL with Cherry MX Brown switches. (Thanks to PCGamer for the heads-up on it...)

While I was at it, I got a mouse from 'em too. It's got adjustable plates, which is the next thing I'm going to tinker with.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

Browns are a nice switch IMHO. Not my favourite switch, but by no means are they a bad switch.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Me in Wyoming.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Classy!

Return to “Off-Topic”