The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Project Shadowcat »

I enjoyed Doom3, personally. Granted, it's true, it's not the same, it still felt pretty good to me. I came in not expecting Doom, and I came out getting a decent experience.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Caligari_87 wrote:
UBX Master wrote:
Cutmanmike wrote:I haven't seen it but that poster always freaked me out
Well, if you played the games you may not like it. It's a bit like the Doom movie, it changes the plot a lot.
As a moderate SH fan, I can say that it definitely captures the spirit of it, unlike Doom. The sets, the monsters, the effects, everything is amazing, especially if you've played the games. Yeah, the story leaves a little to be desired, the climactic scene strays into Narm and crosses a few lines that didn't need to be crossed (barbed wire rape/enema, anyone?), but aside from that it's pretty good.

8-)
I agree. I saw the movie first, then played the games. And I must say: I love 'em.

I loved the movie when I first saw it. It was disturbing (in a good way), and I thought the acting didnt suck; i liked the effects and fell in love with certain bathtub-in-the-head creature. Thanks to the movie I played the games, so that was a win for konami in my case. And man, I loved the games; so much that I can say that SH2 is one of my top 3 favorite games.

Once I played almost every single full (non cellphone and the like) silent hill game (I still havent played Homecoming), I noticed how much the history in the movie was different. However, I didnt consider it was all that bad. At least the monsters arent mutations that tear their ears out.

The thing I disliked of the movie vs the game, is that in the movie, they pretty much try to explain everything. In the games, the "you still dont really know what's going on" factor worked pretty good, because that left space for more games. In the movie, perhaps because they didnt think about making a sequel, they went "We have A, B, C and D. A because of C, and B because of D". I guess they could do as SH2 did with SH1: a history in the town, that somehow is pretty much unrelated to the actual facts of "why the town is that way".
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Level 7 wrote:You resolve to continue pushing yourself. Perhaps there's more to you than you thought.
Somewhat fitting this time.
So it just happens that now I got bored of Diablo for a while, now time to move on... OH MY GOD NOW I WANT Starcraft 2. Okay so I'd better not make a hasty expense out of it... let's see.. ah right, decided to work for it.

I haven't managed to ass myself to do real work just yet, but I'm trying to get a taste of online jobs. (though it shall be hard to compete for easy tasks that even I can do)
Anyway, I've got a long term goal of setting up my own browser game which is fed by advertisements and the usual cheap ass donations and/or purchasable content... like facebook.
I'm so silly. Just the fact that this girl came back from her holiday and wrote to me was enough to get me back up on motivation and mood... and really, she shouldn't be necessary for this, it's just my silly personality.. but what the hell, I better start laying down a few things on paper now before it's too late :P

Okay just so my post has something more than my usual twitter-like updates... here you go, a joke:

What do you call a person whose career lie in ruins?
Archaeologist.

Another random thing:
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9990/namegen1.png
DoomSplitter

Post by DoomSplitter »

I just discovered that I love being a jerk. Especialy when i'm on jumpmaze servers.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Listening to "Open Arms" with my killer Beats headphones. \m/ \m/
lukas

Post by lukas »

I enjoyed Doom3, personally. Granted, it's true, it's not the same, it still felt pretty good to me. I came in not expecting Doom, and I came out getting a decent experience.
I came in expecting more of the same (of course more of the same is not always good - but in Doom's case it's great :) ),
but I came out disappointed :(
Nash

Post by Nash »

It's the muslim fasting month again. Hungry and tired. D:
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

This is going to sound really weird.

So I've been using an A4-sized cardboard as mouse pad for some time, and lately I've noticed it's started to get dirty and deformed, so I changed it. When I removed the tape around it I noticed something...
OH SHEET! It looks like the tape was REALLY sticky! :lol:
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Last night/this morning me and my brother had an all nighter playing Doom 2 with Zero Tolerance. Gosh it was fun! :D
We also played Requiem.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

I watched Dead Man's shoes last night

It was badass
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

I think I overslept. Anyway, I need to shower and start trekking for mom and dad's.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

I sent a silly Stronghold ad for ZDWars to Torm on ST yesterday. Wondering if he got it, since he doesn't visit there often. This post is an obvious attempt to notify him, but I don't think he hits off topic much, either. Anyway, also made some custom Harmony graphics:

Why? CUZ. Nah, I ain't makin' a Harmony mod, though that'd be neat... (it's for ZDoom Wars but don't tell anyone)
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

I finally put together my new case. I decided to say "fuck it" to the fittings pack and go with what I had. I did most of it by myself, and my dad helped a little (instead of the other way around) and it works! I'm very proud right now. It may be not a big deal to you, but this is my first build, and it's a big success!
Project Shadowcat

Post by Project Shadowcat »

I just beat the first FEAR game. It's running for a meager $9.99 on Steam. I can't believe just how smart (but realistic) the AI is in that game.
The ending kind of took my breath away. I'm pretty brave when it comes to the kinds of insane scares the game uses, but nothing can withstand how the game ended.
And it left me just a little depressed. (Not to say it was bad, it was brilliant the entire way through!)
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Spoiler:
someone save me

EDIT:
Spoiler:
I redid his outline

Return to “Off-Topic”