The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
SouthernLion

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by SouthernLion »

Well, $1,600 later... I got the TransAm back... I am now EXTREMELY stressed about money.. BUT! God answered my prayers, and my late wife and my baby car is clean, running great and much safer in time for this very important vacation with this girl. So I need to be grateful for the silver lining, here.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Uh, wow? Rammstein just released ANOTHER music video and the second single to their upcoming album. They are not messing around with this CD release!! Like full frontal assault. I know this isn't a "share Youtube videos" thread, but I'm so excited, and I have been playing this song NON STOP since it came out yesterday (or two days ago, depending on where you are on Earth.) I'm putting in spoilers because it's NSFW, but this song gave me goosebumps, especially at 02:40 where it sounds like a tribute/homage to Kraftwerk. I grew up listening to Kraftwerk since I was in diapers because of my father, and I know they were a huge influence on Rammstein (Rammstein even covered their song "Das Model" way back in the day), so it's cool to hear that 1970's German techno sound. My theory is further enforced at 03:57. Anyone familiar with Kraftwerk would instantly hear it. I also really like how at 04:00 the soldiers or whatever try to smash Till and the others with a Baton, but it just goes through him like a static image. That's so powerful, given the nature of the song, like you can't censor, oppress, or destroy music. You can't destroy the passion or the lyrics or the message or the culture, no matter how hard fascists try. There was no one there for the baton to hit, Till's voice (and every other source of music in history) lives on infinitely beyond the person and sound waves. VERY symbolic

Way too awesome.
Spoiler:

Really beautiful part of the lyrics in English:

Every night I secretly climbed
On the back of the music
Put the ears to the wings
Sing quietly into the hands
Every night and again I fly
Just away with the music
Float through bright rooms
No borders, no fences
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Rammstein have been amazingly consistent in their strength of output for for such a long time now. I only have a casual interest in them but it's quite incredible that something that they put out in 2019 can sound just as fresh as something they did in 1994. They manage to keep their sound and character undeniably Rammstein without merely rehashing old ideas. There aren't many long-lived artists who have done that and even fewer bands (much less ones who have had such a consistent membership).
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

"Radio" was really good but it did not left the same first impression like "Deutschland" did.
Can't wait for the full album. Instant Buy! Also looking forward to the Concert in Prague this summer! A ton of beer and Rammstein...fvck yes!
Spoiler:
Cheers to all GZDoom community Rammstein fans \m/
Spoiler:
Bonus:
Spoiler:
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

HAL9000 wrote:"Radio" was really good but it did not left the same first impression like "Deutschland" did.
Can't wait for the full album. Instant Buy! Also looking forward to the Concert in Prague this summer! A ton of beer and Rammstein...fvck yes!
Yes, I think this is going to be a really fantastic album. I hope they tour US and hit real close to me in 2020.

In other news, I'm getting ready to go pick up my friend. This is going to be an amazing vacation with an amazing person (and I really need this, with my grief among other things.)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

RexS wrote: In other news, I'm getting ready to go pick up my friend. This is going to be an amazing vacation with an amazing person (and I really need this, with my grief among other things.)
Good luck. :)
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

Hey guys, sorry if I'm being annoying but is anyone here maybe playing world of warships on the EU server? I could sure use someone for division :geek:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Have a fun and memorable trip there, Rex. You and your Familiars certainly deserve it and all. Hope you enjoy!
BoomerDoomer

Post by BoomerDoomer »

All I've got on me now is some Root Beer. Anyone else enjoy the stuff? Nearly everyone in my immediate circle reviles it for some reason.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Root Beer... Sadly i'm not familiar with such Beverage because i'm not American, but i heard pros/cons about it. Despite all that, i'd like to try it!
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

I love root beer! It's great on a hot summer day. (_)3
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I prefer cider or spirits... But then I prefer waking up later in places I've never been before and causing international incidents.

There is no accounting for taste, I guess.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

the only root beer i've had was some imported stuff that tasted like carbonated toothpaste, more or less. maybe the states has better stuff on offering, but my impressions on it so far hasn't been very positive.
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the only root beer i've had was some imported stuff that tasted like carbonated toothpaste, more or less. maybe the states has better stuff on offering, but my impressions on it so far hasn't been very positive.
You mean like mint toothpaste? That's very different from any root beer I've heard of. Usually it's just a strong sweet flavor. Closest thing would be a mix between birch beer and cream soda, but even that's not quite the right flavor.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

Root beer float is the way to go imo

Return to “Off-Topic”