The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by NeuralStunner »

I played through Return to Zork again after a long time. Handled the puzzles fine (aside from one that's basically brokenly obtuse), only died twice (once from poor timing, second from a misclick while trying to do something else), and completed the final challenge in one rye try. Plus I finished with 225/225 points.

I wish this game were better known, because it's wonderfully quotable. :lol:
Styx88

Post by Styx88 »

Currently playing again The Last of Us on my PS4 Pro.

A bit of nostalgia before the release of Part II. And of course I am listening again to the great music by Gustavo Santaolalla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Qvw2ZAxtw
kodi

Post by kodi »

Unemployment ends within a month or so. Can't wait to feel like a person again. Hope I find the will to do creative stuff again then; haven't even turned my PC on the last couple of weeks.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Well, I just bought another Ford Focus in a 5-speed standard transmission. I had to fix a few things on it to get it running right, but I got the car/title for $900, which left a lot of head room for repairs. I basically need to have another driveable car besides my TransAm, because I don't want to put all the miles on our baby (plus the Corvette LS1 V8 power plant isn't exactly a fuel economy motor), and also I love driving manual too much. Our fun TransAm is, ironically, an automatic. I know, I did it backwards. The TransAm is psycho fun in automatic just because it's getting close to 500HP (crank), but sometimes I just need to feel that man-machine connection where you row your own gears and rev match up/down as you feel the clutch grab and synchronize, and this little 4-cylinder beater car fills that craving for me. (My guess is it's like 150FWHP or so, it's pretty damn slow. lol)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Wait, wait, wait. What year is your Focus?
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

GAA1992 wrote:Wait, wait, wait. What year is your Focus?
2004. It's the hatchback with the 2.3L mated to a 5-speed manual instead of the 2.0L, I think it's called a ZX5 or something?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

HAHAHAHA, goddamn i love u north americans.

1 dollar equals to 3,75 R$ (brazilian monetary unit). The cheapest Ford Focus from 2004 i could find with all the factory add-ons you could get at the time (and it's NOT a ZX5, it's a standard model because you guys have the best models first), was about R$ 13.000.

According to my stuff, we would pay something like... 3.400 dollars for a Ford Focus the same year as yours, but still not complete and good as your car.

Believe me, Brazil ain't a thing for begginers. =p

EDIT: The title is separated from the car value. 3.400 is the CAR.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

GAA1992 wrote:HAHAHAHA, goddamn i love u north americans.

1 dollar equals to 3,75 R$ (brazilian monetary unit). The cheapest Ford Focus from 2004 i could find with all the factory add-ons you could get at the time (and it's NOT a ZX5, it's a standard model because you guys have the best models first), was about R$ 13.000.

According to my stuff, we would pay something like... 3.400 dollars for a Ford Focus the same year as yours, but still not complete and good as your car.

Believe me, Brazil ain't a thing for begginers. =p

EDIT: The title is separated from the car value. 3.400 is the CAR.
Well, to be fair, I could probably sell this towards $2,200-$2,400 USD now that it's all fixed up, according to Blue Book. I got it so cheap because he didn't know what was wrong with it. I crunched some math and sort of did a gamble... I think I might have come out on top, at least on this deal. lol

For the title, in private sales, most people just say its a gift or "$1" for sale so that the government doesn't tax you. Why should they get a cut? lol
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

To honor my late wife (and on a related trend, follow the theme of my car Black/Purple) I got purple LED's installed in our TransAm for the day time running lights (parking lights / front turn signals.) I originally got regular incandescent purple bulbs, but they lit up pink... and that was a big no for me. So I went with Ultra-Violet LEDs, and it looks great... with the purple trim it looks like it was an original part of the car. I had to get special LED flashers for the turn signals and hazard lights, because LEDs are much less power draw and the car thinks your bulb is dying and "warns you" with rapid flashing. These special flasher modules are designed to work with regular bulbs and LEDs together (as my rears are regular.) Technically this isn't legal, but I will hopefully be okay. I've driven with 10% limo tint for 3 years without ever getting a ticket. Even when being pulled over for speeding, no cops have ever commented on my tint.
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Such an Amazing glare to tribute your wife and everything. Worth a lot to install them to your Ride!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Went to a used/old games store some days ago and got myself a Jaki Crush (SNES) cartridge to buy. A pinball game with lots of secret stuffs, mini games and even boss battles based on japanese mythology. When the store owner was told that, he stared at me with that mix of "What the shit" and ":O" look.

He definetely would've raised the price if i didn't bought it that day.

EDIT: You can actually "beat" the game and see an ending too.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

GAA1992 wrote:Went to a used/old games store some days ago and got myself a Jaki Crush (SNES) cartridge to buy. A pinball game with lots of secret stuffs, mini games and even boss battles based on japanese mythology. When the store owner was told that, he stared at me with that mix of "What the shit" and ":O" look.

He definetely would've raised the price if i didn't bought it that day.

EDIT: You can actually "beat" the game and see an ending too.
The Crush series is some of the very best video game pinball that you can play. If you've got a Genesis, get Devil Crash MD/Dragon's Fury and rock out.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh, i am damn sure to do that, i just need to find a functional and loyal Genesis. The prices are not so high (maybe because TecToy re-released a upgraded version of the original Genesis around here), but i aim on buying a PSX again.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Well, today is my birthday. This girl is supposed to hang out with me, I'm hoping she doesn't flag on me. I will be really sad if she does, but I also understand cause she has kids. We'll see...

Return to “Off-Topic”