Post by camper »

One man does fork vavoom
http://repo.or.cz/k8vavoom.git
SamVision

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by SamVision »

I was catching up on some Mega Men and I noticed something:
Spoiler:
This sounds like it's straight out of a Doom wad.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Broke my Glasses... Again, three times. I broke and fixed it twice by gluing it because i'm a little miser. I tried to glue it again but it won't attach like before. So yeah, this trick doesn't work anymore and it's completely broken. Gluing it was kinda worthwhile.

Thank god i still have my extra glasses, though. But this one is very old yet a bit blurry. I literally forgot the number of breaking my own glasses at this point. Silly me.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Wow, Scourge of Armagon has some BRILLIANT level design (Quake 1 Mission Pack 1.) I've played Quake 1 a million times, but this is my first time playing through the expansions, and this is quality stuff. Like Doom 64 brilliant.
Orka

Post by Orka »

I don't know where to put this... I really have no idea... I am confused. I am so confused that now I think it's all a joke:
Spoiler: Long story
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

A lot of claiming is done by automation. You can dispute the claim, if you have reason to suspect you have been mis-targeted, or the claimers have no legal right to the content, as detailed here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answ ... 6?hl=en-GB

This is just something we're going to have to accept I'm afraid. Copyright has always been a big issue, now more than ever.

edit: 5 second google search turned this up, but posting here if you are genuinely interested in why you were targeted. It's the equivalent of a forum bot blocking inflammatory or dangerous content. https://support.google.com/youtube/answ ... 0?hl=en-GB
Orka

Post by Orka »

I would have no problem with this claim if the claimer(s) would be the rightful owner(s) of the original song "Castlevania - Bloody Tears". But instead it's a random company that maybe no one knows with a really bad remix by a random band that probably no one knows. That's what bothers me. The song belongs to Konami...
I know that I really don't have to worry about this copyright claim... because I have no benefits from these videos so they can s*ck on my a**. :D
But still if something like that happens why do the claimer have to be a no-one-knows-company and why do they have to claim something that's not theirs? If someone remixes a song (with like no talent at all) then they don't own the rights to the original song automatically... am I wrong?
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

Orka:

You might want to take a look at this series (there's 5 videos in all) of someone who had a similar problem, might help you in dealing with it if it turns out to be a bullshit claim.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

RexS wrote:Wow, Scourge of Armagon has some BRILLIANT level design (Quake 1 Mission Pack 1.) I've played Quake 1 a million times, but this is my first time playing through the expansions, and this is quality stuff. Like Doom 64 brilliant.
Have fun with the Main Man. :twisted:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The moment when you're about to post some important article while it's almost late but the internet connection is being freaked out and not able to post it in a right time.

The Importance of timing is really greater with this one.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I was flagged for copyrighted music in a video of me and my friend at the gun range because of a low quality low volume song they had in the background on the radio between gunshots in the range booth that I didn't even know was playing. It didn't get taken down or anything, just flagged or notified or something.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I spotted a $25 off coupon for the RGB version of thhe keyboard I bought... so I got the RGB one. My board is now in blue & green. :D

(And I have the red one for a backup or gift, too.)

Also while looking for video editing stuff, I stumbled across the Lagarith lossless codec. It encodes fast when set to multi-core mode, and the size difference is amazing. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to back up lossless copies of their recordings. (Not sure how it would perform in realtime, I.E. for screen recording.) The only problem I've found with it so far is that it makes IrfanView crash, but then I have no real reason to view AVI in that anyway.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Holy actual crap, hello again everyone, I'm back. Again.

Keep it simple, lost my computer due to technical shit, got a new one today. Lost a lot of progress on my project, but came back to find an awesome gift in my inbox, so hopefully I can put that all to use.

Anyway, I'm back, time to get back to work.

EDIT: So, to my dismay, I have found that this computer isn't quite as up-to-speed on OpenGL as I believed. Is there any way to force start GZDoom in Software mode, or should I try QZDoom, or just ZDoom? I really want to continue work on my project.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Devianteist wrote:EDIT: So, to my dismay, I have found that this computer isn't quite as up-to-speed on OpenGL as I believed. Is there any way to force start GZDoom in Software mode, or should I try QZDoom, or just ZDoom? I really want to continue work on my project.
Try the vintage build.
RexS wrote:I was flagged for copyrighted music in a video of me and my friend at the gun range because of a low quality low volume song they had in the background on the radio between gunshots in the range booth that I didn't even know was playing. It didn't get taken down or anything, just flagged or notified or something.
What it really means is YouTube is allowing you to show the video because the original copyright owner allowed it (if they even really are completely not the point of the video, you're showing off your shooting not the music). So because the owner allowed it, they're allowed to monetize your video, and that means that your video is showing ads to anyone who views it and the proceeds go in full directly to them, and not to you.

Return to “Off-Topic”