The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
comet1337

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by comet1337 »

Lud wrote:I tried recreating the Daam K'Vosh empire from Freelancer using the Slomon K'Hara as species, but, wew lad, getting hated by everyone ain't easy! Fanatic purifiers get all the h8. Really hard to get good economy when everyone's like: "Oooooh! Aliens! Hi, there! closes border"

Well, thanks.
trying to do diplomacy can feel like being a door to door salesman
the moment you open your mouth they slam the door in your face

hiveminds also get a lot of flak
especially after conquering even a single planet
you surpass the status of space super-hitler, the entire galaxy turns full-saturation-red on the opinion map
'xenophage' and 'genoical', pfft, i got billions of hungry mouths to feed ok
Nash

Post by Nash »

YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

Probably just a burst of spite, considering it hasn't been updated in like 2 months.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

comet1337 wrote:hiveminds also get a lot of flak
especially after conquering even a single planet
you surpass the status of space super-hitler, the entire galaxy turns full-saturation-red on the opinion map
'xenophage' and 'genoical', pfft, i got billions of hungry mouths to feed ok
This is one reason I maximize Unity output as early as possible. Once your hive mind has advanced genemodding, you can integrate & assimilate someone. :D (You might need some happiness-boosters to keep the population from imploding before the project completes, though.) Alternatively, NAP anyone that seems reasonable, and try to start a federation.

By the way, I use a pretty cool mod to make earlygame less tedious. Unfortunately you can't choose both the Boost (for its extra starter techs) and number of planets. (Unless you're some degree of Pacifist, you get stuck with 5/3 planets, and no way to immediately mitigate that without turning on the Boost edict itself.) I did manage it by digging into the mod's event file and using the console, but that's a lot of hassle.

This one is also nice. It makes high-level leaders more meaningful (rather than relying on their traits to make them effective).

I could talk at length about this game, so maybe I'll toss up a thread for it. :)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Meanwhile I just want to rename my ruler. Only one problem. record scratch That's not possible! G'dammit. :(
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

everything else you can rename on the fly
even your cannon fodder ships indiviually
other leaders too, except the main ruler (and any heirs)
really no reason not to
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Lud wrote:I tried recreating the Daam K'Vosh empire from Freelancer using the Slomon K'Hara as species, but, wew lad, getting hated by everyone ain't easy! Fanatic purifiers get all the h8. Really hard to get good economy when everyone's like: "Oooooh! Aliens! Hi, there! closes border"
Well I mean, if I found the Nomads lurking around the edges of my territory I'd sure as hell freak out, hahahaha.

I've been hearing a lot of good about Stellaris, I reckon I should go look into it now. It seemed pretty iffy when it first released, but sounds like it's really good now.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Definitely. The only issue I've found thus far is the inability to rename your leader or heir, which kinda sux. Other than that, I rate it 11/10. If you wanna be a space crusader and scream "DEUS VULT!" in everybody's face, sure, go ahead. :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Helped my uncle's farm work and got some rice bags from my cousin's house. I thought it would take a hour and go home faster, but Boy i was wrong! :P

And the final conscription exam result is going to be arrived in a next day. If i can be in the social service, that would be just lovely.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Some weeks ago i started working on a PC repair store. But we mostly work with other companies PC's. You guys don't have idea on how many Dell pcs we get. And on how shitty our national manufacturers are.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

As a fellow PC repair store ex-worker, I feel ya. Except with HP. I had to take an umbrella to work in case it started raining HPs.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

HAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah! We get those a lot, too.

But, In my humble opinion, i don't see HP putting itself in a Apple level like Dell does. They are, to say the least, trustable. Dell is beautiful and all (wish i had a Dell... is "cabinet" the word? Whatever, i like those locking pieces and stuff only Dell has). But i've changed my mind about Dell and Apple stuff durability.

Apple guys surely like some Super Glue. :/
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

God help me, I've fallen into the bottomless pit of PSO2 again. My infinite quest for $$$meseta$$$ has led me to buying outfits instead of playing the game to progress.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

Yholl wrote:I've been hearing a lot of good about Stellaris, I reckon I should go look into it now. It seemed pretty iffy when it first released, but sounds like it's really good now.
I won't say it's perfect, but it's beautiful. Definitely worth picking up the expansions as well.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Hellser wrote:As someone who enjoys art, I can vouch for PDF's artistic talents.
:wub:

Return to “Off-Topic”