The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

all this talk about weight-loss reminds me i should get on that train as well, even if i am having problems sleeping as well. i'm just not sure what kind of diet i should stick too, though, and i can't find a dietist around where i live either.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I'd go for hours of running and start to eat less, but with more fruits and veggies... If my house doesn't suck. It's really depressing that i can't do anything healthy right now but just walking on the street and get suffered while trying to sleep. I'm also no Diet professional either.

So yeah, i'm too late, but i feel good to be alive still.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

phantombeta wrote:I have no idea how that thing lasted this long. Even with two missing pins on the CPU socket and a missing contact on the CPU, it still worked perfectly.
Hey, it kept on longer than you expected, that's a plus, right? :)
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:all this talk about weight-loss reminds me i should get on that train as well, even if i am having problems sleeping as well. i'm just not sure what kind of diet i should stick too, though, and i can't find a dietist around where i live either.
Every attempt I make to lose weight fails in strange ways. While I slim down a waist size or two, maybe even four, I keep gaining weight instead. My wife says that I have quite an imposing stature now, though, so I suppose that'd be why.
I mean, I feel healthier for it all the same, but I am still double the weight I was than compared to my high school weight (340 lbs vs 180 lbs; 76 in tall).

I think thsi was what my Dad meant when he said I'd "fill in" to my build.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Enjay wrote:So your target is over 7st lost? Wow, there can't be much left of you. :D Seriously, that's an amazing effort. Well done. Of course, keeping it off requires work and commitment too, basically a permanent lifestyle change, but if you've seen the benefits of losing weight, keeping it off becomes a bit easier to do.
Oh, there's still plenty of me - I used to be BIG.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, everybody - my doctor is finally off my back too (worth it for that alone).
Trance

Post by Trance »

scalliano wrote:my doctor is finally off my back too
Well that's gotta be another 10 stone off the total at least. :D
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I heard a joke once -

"My boyfriend told me to lose some weight. So I dumped his lazy ass and lost 200 lb instantly!"
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Heard that one before XD
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

But seriously, that was good one! I probably would have response her/him back with "Wasn't that easier than just Weight-ing? Eh?"
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

Meanwhile I apparently can't put on weight at all. This makes certain people angry for some reason. Personally I think it'd be nice if basically everyone didn't outweigh me, I might have a chance in a fight. :P

Not that I'm exactly puny. Throwing around RTA furniture and 50lb bags of stuff for a living does wonders for the arms. I've embarrassed more than one dude by carrying out a coffee table by myself.

(So I guess I could probably take someone if they were flat and made of tempered glass. :P )

On an unrelated note: I now own a Sgt. Johnson hat. I quoted the "I would have been your daddy..." line and my mom lost it. Surprised she hadn't heard that one! :lol:
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I got bit by a dog while delivering. I've been scared shitless of dying from rabies... but the wound healed up in like 18 hours, and I forgot I got bit by the next day. It was a customer's dog who "claims" the immunization is up to date. The doctor said the chances of me having it are very very very VERY low, especially from a domestic pet dog, and I don't have any fever or stiffness or anything. I hate being a hypochondriac, (I hope that's all this is.)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Well.... Holy Dog Shit. maybe that was just a healthy domestic dog, but i guess that was really close one. You probably should bring a dog whistle next time you deliver some packages.
Trance

Post by Trance »

If you can't find a dog whistle, bring a dog missile.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Did you say dog missile?
kodi

Post by kodi »

Weight loss diet is (should be) the same kind of diet as a generally healthy one. Crash diets don't work, you need to adjust your life style in the long term.

That said, I suggest foods that are very filling relative to their caloric content. Meat, eggs, vegetables and (to a lesser extent) whole grain. If you have any appetite in the morning, a relatively large breakfast of eggs and oatmeal and a relatively small lunch can help. Counting calories will work, and I highly suggest it if you've the patience for it. Daily or frequent exercise is of course very good whether you want to lose, maintain or even gain weight. Weight lifting three times a week will be the most efficient way, since heavy weights with few repetitions simply take less time (and is more fun in my opinion). If you don't want to go to the gym, you can run/walk/bike and do body weight exercises on a mat at home.

Return to “Off-Topic”