The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by NeuralStunner »

Tried to pick up A Link Between Worlds again. Still feels like about 50% chore (between the questionable, bizarre mechanics changes and the stupidest plot I've seen outside of a deliberate parody). It's almost like they were making a completely different game until someone reminded them it was supposed to be a Legend of Zelda title. :?

Meanwhile I still have nothing bad to say about Ocarina of Time 3D. :P
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I'm confused as to why they needed a third help system in OoT3D but it's not... harming my experience in any way I suppose!

Link Between Worlds on the other hand I finished fairly handily, and now I just buy milk from the milk bar with all my ridiculous amounts of rupees as that's all they're good for. Thank goodness Breath of the Wild did away with rupee limits (well, you can't crack a million rupees but why would you need to?) so that finding rupees in a chest always has meaning.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Well, I did a 0-60+ MPH run in the car now that everything's installed... I'm happy to see the added power is providing results. The problem is, my stupid ass transmission stalled between gears for an ENTIRE SECOND (look at 3-4 seconds on the data) which ultimately cost me even better results. I got a 5.08s 0-60MPH hit, and I could have been mid-high 4.0's for the 0-60 which would have put me close to the stock first model Audi R8 (4.2s 0-60MPH), which mind you is a super car. That's not to say my TransAm is comparable to that German engineered high-tech AWD super machine, as this is only one measurement of performance... but the fact that I'm even getting close like that to serious exotic cars is exciting for me. I'm going to try again after getting new spark plugs / wires, and a proper tune. And maybe then my transmission won't be a jerk.
Spoiler:
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I'm sure everyone knows this but the new version of MM8BDM is out! And it's better than before.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I sure didn't. So I go to read the changelog and... well holy shit, someone I recognize had his artwork added to the game.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I sure checked it out and i just realized that it was still updating. So yeah, this is some surprising stuff and i see some of new map changes. It's gooood to hear, i guess!
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

Re-watched Spirited Away with my sister last night at her place after work- felt inspired so bought the soundtrack when I got home :D
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I'm going to clean my Mass Airflow Sensor and do another run today. I'm really not happy with that stall up there...
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Captain J wrote:I sure checked it out and i just realized that it was still updating. So yeah, this is some surprising stuff and i see some of new map changes. It's gooood to hear, i guess!

It was actually updated last year too. Though it's less likely for someone to hear about the update unless you visit it's forums from time to time.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

RexS wrote:I'm going to clean my Mass Airflow Sensor and do another run today. I'm really not happy with that stall up there...

Sigh, I tried three times, and even without triggering my TCS.. I was unable to beat my time of 5.08s for 0-60MPH. I'm going to make the 4-club a goal for after I change out my plugs and wires and get everything tuned. I was, however, able to steal a 1/4 mile trap time of 13.94s. That's a new record for me!
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

So for the past few months I've been feeling very demotivated to work on my Metroid TC, due to the general reaction and treatment of other fangames based on the franchise. I have been getting some really great assets (art and music) from a few members of the community, of which I am really grateful. However, a C&D letter would essentially forestall any development on the project, since the core mechanics are based around Metroid's design and aesthetics. It's very disappointing because everything save the level design (admittedly a significant piece) is roughly 80% done.

I mean, sure, I could change the assets so that it doesn't resemble the Metroid series and just has similar mechanics, but it doesn't feel worth it with the project being a love letter to the series.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

Found some unused stuff in Hybrid, namely the copyright screen (Which is NOT present on the PAL version, but I think it's in the Japanese version), language select menu image (Not used on both versions, but the October 1996 demo build has it, and the controls menu), and the unique character loading screens. I think I should do a TCRF (The Cutting Room Floor) page for the game.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Scripten wrote:So for the past few months I've been feeling very demotivated to work on my Metroid TC, due to the general reaction and treatment of other fangames based on the franchise. I have been getting some really great assets (art and music) from a few members of the community, of which I am really grateful. However, a C&D letter would essentially forestall any development on the project, since the core mechanics are based around Metroid's design and aesthetics. It's very disappointing because everything save the level design (admittedly a significant piece) is roughly 80% done.

I mean, sure, I could change the assets so that it doesn't resemble the Metroid series and just has similar mechanics, but it doesn't feel worth it with the project being a love letter to the series.
well, Nintendo seemeed to be pretty 'laxed when it came to Dreadnought, so i think you'd be fine. i think they're more opposed to standalone fan-games as opposed to mods, because of things like Mario skins for GTA floating around.

has Nintendo actually gone after Doom modders for making mods using the likenesses of their IPs? i'm sure all those Mario graphical replacements where you kill Koopas and Goombas haven't gone anywhere at all...
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

So a useless post by me is now called a "Dukepost" ... huh. I'm ... kinda ... flattered ... that someone named something after me. (The joke in "Dukeposting Intensifies" is that it's not a joke.)

Currently listening to this.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

We have a "What are you listening to? thread specifically for that.

8-)

Return to “Off-Topic”