Zen3001

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Zen3001 »

This was made 8 years ago, you may want to rename the title
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Er, I literally did that over the weekend just gone ... :?:

Also, considering the software I made it on was only released in May ...
Trance

Post by Trance »

My guess is he was referring to this thread and its title, specifically the "New" part. I couldn't care less about it, but that's just me.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Got my FAST 92mm Air Intake Manifold to match the 92mm Throttle Body. I'm super excited, but still haven't gotten my car back from the body shop. Can't install them without the car. lmao

Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Zen3001 wrote:This was made 8 years ago, you may want to rename the title
Not before New York City, New South Wales and Papua New Guinea. Image
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Trance wrote:My guess is he was referring to this thread and its title, specifically the "New" part. I couldn't care less about it, but that's just me.
DERP

Never even occurred to me O_O
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Zen3001 wrote:This was made 8 years ago, you may want to rename the title
done
Trance

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Trance »

Oh wow, Weasel, love what you've done with the place.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Ahhhhh, smellin' fresh in here.

Edit for the sake of not making this just postcount++: During these summer holidays I've been going through my backlog of steam games I never touched. Right now I'm playing Dying Light. So far I'm enjoying it, though I had a bit of a little issue with one of the DLC quests, which apparently was meant for higher levels but I had no idea so I went in blind and got my ass kicked around for over an hour.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

This post has been sponsored by Xaser.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

Some number of years ago, I was working on a DirectSound->OpenAL wrapper to get 3D sound from old DirectSound3D games. Recently I decided to revisit the project, and have vastly improved compatibility and performance, and added more features. Here's a video someone made of the more recent version:

That build is about a month old now, but it shows off OpenAL Soft's HRTF in full effect, as well as the (at the time) newly completed EAX2 support. The current version now supports EAX3 and EAX4 too (4 is still technically experimental, but the interfaces are present and it works with RightMark3DSound).

If you're familiar with Creative ALchemy, this is basically the same thing. The main differences are, it's completely open source and doesn't require Creative's OpenAL drivers to work (a recent Git build of OpenAL Soft is recommended, but shouldn't be required). It doesn't require the EAX pass-through extensions either, EAX is handled using OpenAL's more standard EFX extension. Anyone interested in checking it out can get a premade build here (32-bit binaries only).
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

global warming is really showing itself, I expect it be colder here in the northern german border
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

As much as I love the analogue sound of Oxygene and Equinoxe, I think that Chronologie* has to be my favorite JMJ album. There's a bit of everything in there, so to speak, and I don't think there's a weak track in the bunch (if you want to consider it that way and not as a single, long composition).

* "Chronology" in English and according to the re-issue cover, but I prefer the original title - Oxygene et al. still use the French titles, so...? (No objection to "Magnetic Fields", as much as I like the original play on words.)
SiMpLeToNiUm

Post by SiMpLeToNiUm »

I've been working on a map for a long time. I gave it a break, but now I'm at it again. I'm really proud of it so far. If you guys haven't already, give it a looky-loo here

The shameless self-promotion is because I made the post awhile ago but it hasn't received any recent traffic due to my erratic and spacious update schedule.

Oh, and so that this post retains the spirit of the thread, here's something I did today: I witnessed my dad run back and forth to the bathroom all day after downing tons of laxatives since he had a colonoscopy scheduled and had to "empty up"... lol.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i have a couple of JMJ records myself, some of them on vinyl, like Magnetic Fields, Equinoxe, Oxygene, and The Concerts in China. i'm... not sure why i haven't hunted down more, considering i like ambient stuff and have collected various interesting things recently. my favorite as of recent has to be the Swedish duo "ad dios", it's not quite as lengthy as most ambient albums are, and technically it's more new age than it is ambient, but it's still something i've had on repeat recently.

Return to “Off-Topic”