The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Vostyok »

Stan Lee actually prerecorded a bunch of scenes for marvel already, so we might get see a few things from him yet. It's going to be sad seeing him and realising it was in the past.

Still, the guy is a living legend, and he didn't stop being a legend, right up until the end. Kudos to him.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I spent most years if my childhood~pre-teen age reading a closet full of marvel comics of all years, from the 60s to the atrocious 90s which still belong to my brother.

I can surely say that the Spider Man comic books written by Lee helped me a lot on how to deal with school bullies and why life can be so harsh, even though i always tried to be a nice guy.

He'll be missed. May his soul rest in peace.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It's so sad and all, but i'm just glad that he did a lot of thankful tribute and whatnot through super long time. He really did his best and we always will miss him...

And kinda Off-topic, but I just hope Lloyd Kaufman won't meet the same fate as Stan Lee's. Because hell, Troma Legacy MUST go on!
Gez

Post by Gez »

I've never really read superhero comics in my childhood, but I'll admit that when I discovered Newspaper Spider-Man, I fell in love.

It's just so dumb!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

so just because things wasn't enough with my cat having to be put down, someone seems to have gotten ahold of my credit card info. i didn't lose much in the process, but it does mean i had to block my card and order a new one.

2018 can fuck right off and die in a hole.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And top of that, my gold-coated right upper molar teeth hurts like hell when i chew something. The pain started yesterday and it happens to every food i chew with. Hot, cold, hard, soft or not... My left teeth doesn't feel any pain, but this is just painful and almost made me freak out. I took this therapy in august, and why... Why it hurts all of a sudden? Now i have to visit Dentist for extra Nerve therapy and i bet my fat ass this will take more money. This is not right.

... And speaking of freak out, i actually did freak out to everyone because of some atrocities happened yesterday, which i mentioned before and this obsessive dental pain. Typing cusses and laments about my miserable life and i just couldn't stop. I was very upset. And i had to pay the price; i just got kicked out from one Discord server i used to visit often. I wish i could stop when i need to stop, but my stupid sorry self just won't listen. I didn't do anything malicious or sinister that tears people apart. I want to be more happy, be friend with others and share everything i've got. But this... This is too heavy to me.

No matter what we do, 2018 is never going to change and this will end up Catastrophically and i know it.
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

I've three caps on my teeth (due mostly to some bad life choices) and they do ache occasionally. The thing to watch for is redness or darkening around that tooth's gum, or bleeding while brushing, since that may indicate problems like gum disease. Lol I'm no dentist but I've learned enough.

As for lashing out, it can be hard to deal with betrayal and paranoia can get to you if you let it. PM me dude, if you wanna chat about it.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote: 2018 can fuck right off and die in a hole.
I'm sorry you're dealing with all this. I agree with this sentence, and apply it to the end of 2017 most especially. I would write more, but it's going to come off so negative and dark I don't want to toxify the board. lol.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

So... I visited the Dentist and it wasn't the crown's fault. In fact, my Wisdom Teeth are still rupturing out and one of them, on the upper right is hitting the other tooth. It's rather bleeding and my goodness it was so tormenting to watch. They said i should brush my teeth very carefully and gave me the prescription, so i grabbed some medicines from pharmacy near the building. I had a lunch before and obviously chewing the food on the right side brought me an immersive pain and inconveniences. It's still sting like hell.

So yeah, i'm glad i don't have to take a nerve surgery that costs too much. But i'm positive i should visit dentist again to remove this damned tooth before it's too late... If i finish taking these medicines.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

Hi guys, idk if this is ok to post this here as I didn't want to make new topic just for this so....
Can you recommend me a good horror movie, I'm kinda running out of ideas since I already watched almost everything :sadno:
Oh, and I mean something actually scary...
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

SHayden wrote:Hi guys, idk if this is ok to post this here as I didn't want to make new topic just for this so....
Can you recommend me a good horror movie, I'm kinda running out of ideas since I already watched almost everything :sadno:
Oh, and I mean something actually scary...
Some lesser-known movies I can recommend:

Horror Comedy:
Black Sheep (Zombie sheep!)
Dead Snow 1+2 (Norwegian film about resurrected Nazi-Zombies!)
Fido (Docile Zombies in 1950s Suburbia)
Night of the Comet (Valleygirl accents and big hair galore... With zombies!)
One-Eyed Monster (Ron Jeremy's schlong rums amok)
Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead (just watch it)
Chopping Mall/Killbots (80s fashion holocaust)

The Mist (remake of John Carpenter's The Fog with Lovecraftian vibes)
Splinter
Dagon (spanish adaption of H.P. Lovecraft's Shadows over Innsmouth)
The Descent
Open Grave

Hard to say if any one of those is actually scary... The new "It" movie had some intense scenes though.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Big thumbs up for night of the comet!

Dagon & the mist also very good.

Would like to add Jacob's Ladder to this list. Very unsettling.
Edit: Dagon not dragon. Autocorrect.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

Cherno wrote:Some lesser-known movies I can recommend:

Horror Comedy:
Black Sheep (Zombie sheep!)
Dead Snow 1+2 (Norwegian film about resurrected Nazi-Zombies!)
Fido (Docile Zombies in 1950s Suburbia)
Night of the Comet (Valleygirl accents and big hair galore... With zombies!)
One-Eyed Monster (Ron Jeremy's schlong rums amok)
Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead (just watch it)
Chopping Mall/Killbots (80s fashion holocaust)

The Mist (remake of John Carpenter's The Fog with Lovecraftian vibes)
Splinter
Dagon (spanish adaption of H.P. Lovecraft's Shadows over Innsmouth)
The Descent
Open Grave

Hard to say if any one of those is actually scary... The new "It" movie had some intense scenes though.
Thanks for suggestions but...nah...I want something genuinely scary. For example last horror movie that actually managed to scare me was 4th kind, since it's said to be based on a true story and the movie itself is creepy...
I also like found footage horror films because immersion is good when watching them (the blair witch project, grave encounters 1 and 2 were very good)
But none of these are actually scary, or actually frightens me :nope:
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Ultima Underworld's spiritual successor, "Underworld Ascendant" has just launched on steam. Curious to see if it's any good.
The launch week discount is kind of generous all things considered, but it's probably wiser to wait until the christmas sale or later when there are some good reviews out there.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Return to “Off-Topic”