The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
HAL9000

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by HAL9000 »

Experimenting with some low poly/low texture model replacements....
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Very nice. Is that a game ready model?
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

I became broke. But I got a delivery job starting tomorrow, yay?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Damn... I'm sorry to hear that. This pandemic is still no joke. Hope it's a safe and easy job to do.
HAL9000 wrote:Experimenting with some low poly/low texture model replacements....
Right one looks very unique than usual. Nice modeling!
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Enjay wrote:Very nice. Is that a game ready model?
Yes they are.... I still need to animate the flame and add gldefs, lights etc...

Model and texture made from scratch using Cinema4D+Substance painter+Photoshop
3 different Textures are available
sinisterseed
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by sinisterseed »

Installed Chromium Edge to see how it fares compared to Chrome and whether it still sucks balls like old Edge - or, brrrr, IE - did.

I imported my extensions but the damn thing got my adblocker from the MS Store and not the Chrome store. I was staring at the damn thing in the address bar, wondering why no elements are actually being reported as blocked. So I opened up the extensions and sure enough, it somehow got the wrong version wtf. I suppose it doesn't actually try to import them but rather grab them from the MS Store first, if it can - and it sure does that when it can by the looks of it. So now I got it from the right place, and works as intended, yay.

So that's a negative for "Edgium", but yeah, typical Microsoft, why am I even surprised? For a first impression, however, it seems to be a bit snappier than Chrome, the interface is a bit different and more modern too, but the address bar is huge for some reason - it's almost twice the size of Chrome's, as if it's some 150% scaling nonsense. Font rendering seems to be the same otherwise, including PDF reading it seems - I hope the latter changes since old Edge actually did get that right, best PDF reader by far. So far I can say it is definitely a day and night difference from MS' older browsers, and does not actually suck. Not half bad in fact, I daresay. I'd recommend giving it a shot.

Now it remains to be seen whether MS will continue to improve it and keep it competitive, or it's gonna follow in the same footprints like MS' other browsers. MS has the potential of building great things, but they don't stick to it til the end usually, or lose their way down the road...
Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

It's been a long time since I have been on the site but.

I know that this not a good place to do this. My mom is fighting colon cancer and it spread to here liver and stomach. And its not looking good for her and she's only in her mid 50s & 🥺😢 all I can hope for is a miracle. Please I need all the support, prayers, and love that you can give for my mom because she needs it more than ever. 🙁😢.

Thank you!!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Hellsmith1 wrote:It's been a long time since I have been on the site but.

I know that this not a good place to do this. My mom is fighting colon cancer and it spread to here liver and stomach. And its not looking good for her and she's only in her mid 50s & 🥺😢 all I can hope for is a miracle. Please I need all the support, prayers, and love that you can give for my mom because she needs it more than ever. 🙁😢.

Thank you!!
You ever hear the story of the boy who cried wolf?

You have a nasty history of posting disaster after disaster, sob story after sob story (anyone remember the Cousin Richards fiasco where you pretended to be your own cousin while you were in a 'coma'?).

Forgive me for having doubts with regards to the truthfulness of your post here. If it's true, I'm sorry it happened, but, considering your history of basically being an attention-seeking sympathy whore, I can't help but be skeptical.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hellsmith1 wrote:It's been a long time since I have been on the site but.
That's very unfortunate, but it's not very wise trying to gain moral support especially on the internet - the place where you tell almost anonymously.

I'm not saying that i completely distrust you or have no sympathy, but if it's literally constant yet somewhat inconsistent, the more helplessness it gets. Moral support is moral support. Maybe it will make things better, but just temporarily. I learned my lesson in hard way, just so you know.

I recommend you to seek help from more than just the internet if the situation is very serious. I'm sorry.
Last edited by Captain J on Tue May 05, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Particularly unwise to seek moral support in a place where you're already known for sympathy whoring in the first place.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Plus if the reaction is all the same, you should really realize that it's not helping anyone, anymore. It's important to do something helpful by yourself for once.

I'll say no more about this, but hope you understand, Hellsmith.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Made some pillar models and texture variations based on Marcelus Doom HD sprites viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67765
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Gholazon X plus Combined Arms are sucha fun mod to play!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

HAL9000 wrote:
Enjay wrote:Very nice. Is that a game ready model?
Yes they are.... I still need to animate the flame and add gldefs, lights etc...
[+pics]
They look fantastic - brilliant job; very much in keeping with what the sprites are meant to represent IMO. I like the variations too.
(The pillars as well.)
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

i just saw a meme on facebook that reminded me alot of the 90s.
Attachments
90s meme.jpg

Return to “Off-Topic”