The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
sirudoom

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by sirudoom »

ive got to watch his movies, that would be cool to make art for them. glad he didn't sue him, you sue people like elon musk that probably wouldn't even pay him. not more chill people like rob zombie.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Nash wrote:
abbuw wrote:I have pioneered a revolutionary new way to do transparent 3D slopes! Nobody has ever thought of this before!
My FPS counter:

Iunno, ran fine with 3 times the amount of them,

but even with 2048 of these 3d floors in the same room I couldn't get the framerate to dip below the 30 FPS range, and that's on a 400 dollar laptop with an integrated graphics card.

Spoiler:
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

You could've just made it an invisible sloped 3d floor and then placed a model on top.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Darkcrafter »

I'm so glad I'm not alone doing this crazy stuff while fiddling around mapping for gzdoom :D
Attachments
Idea1.jpg
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks impressive. Is 2nd one really made out of map stuff? Or just Skybox?
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

3D models +lights in the playable area and 3D models + lights in the dynamic skybox.
phantombeta

Post by phantombeta »

oh shid I got promoted :DDD
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Congratulations, phantombeta! Now remember, true strength comes from within - not from your title. May you have a lot of fun in your new role. :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh hey, congratulations! The great power comes the great responsibilities.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

I probably shouldn't post this here, so sorry. My husband died last July, (peacefully in sleep). Now my neighbor is saying I'm after her old man *gag*. She calls me a liar,even though I was sick and in bed for 3 weeks. This is so weird. She's been saying other stuff, even though there have been witnesses. But the worst thing she's done is spreading it around that I'm a liar and my husband is alive in a nursing home. This was told to some friends who work at the store across the street. So I confronted her, and got called a liar.She still says my husband is alive.( I was there when he passed away) I'm not asking for sympathy or help or anything, my friends have been great. I've talked to the authorities, nothing they will do because she lives next door. This woman has pulled this crap on others, but not to this extent. I'm trying to ignore her, but she dared me to hit her. I said no and walked away. Made her even angrier, but I did the right thing. Life is strange I guess. Hope none of you guys ever go through this. In the meantime, I'm busy making my beaded jewelry again, and while I miss him, I don't need to worry about my husband suffering anymore. We were married 33 yrs. Thanks for reading this, and if this post has to go in the bin, that's okay.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

People are weird. Sorry that you're going through that.

At least it sounds like your neighbour already has a reputation for this kind of stuff so people will be less inclined to believe her - especially as what she is saying is pretty ridiculous by the sounds of it. I know that doesn't make it easier. :?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

@grouchbag:

Some people are just spiteful and start shit for no reason. There's plenty of them here in the Doom community and while nothing mirrors your exact situation, I can name more than a few people who would do exactly what your neighbor did if they were in her shoes.

Yes, you did do the right thing by walking away. I am sorry that you have to put up with that. I haven't interacted with you much but you really don't seem like you deserve this (but then, honestly, does anyone truly deserve that?). It's even more sick that she's choosing to attack you at what seems to be a rough time, with a particularly rough topic to boot. Shame on her.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Hi Rachel. Thank you very much for your reply, it means a lot. What this woman doesn't seem to understand is she can't hurt me, or anyone else. I can only hope she will get some help. I hope you have a great day, and thanks again! I am truly fine. :)
@Enjay Yeah, some people are like that. Nobody does believe her. For the most part friends let me know what's happening so I can avoid her for self-protection. Thank you also for your kind words.Hope you have a great day too! :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Some people are a little insane. Could be mythomania, schizophrenia, or a number of other things, but it's certainly not rational behavior. You're handling it as well as it can be handled, keep on ignoring her provocations.

Maybe if she has friends you could tell them that she needs help.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Grouchbag, I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I empathize, very directly, with the physical passing from this world of your other half. It is absolutely sick some of the things she is saying to you. I've had to deal with a few awful people in my grief (don't even feel like getting in to it right now.) I'm glad you can stay on a level above her.

Return to “Off-Topic”