The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by DoomRater »

StarFighter: Disputed Galaxy's successor should be getting a kickstarter funding page any day now. Based on the personal involvement of one of my friends, I know it's going to look glorious. Based on the maker's previous game Disputed Galaxy, it's going to be a fun space fighter game. On that note, while Disputed Galaxy itself is defunt (you can play the game as a guest by letting the game load, right click -> exit to menu, then entering a name and selecting a faction, but obviously won't be able to keep your stats) there was a similar, more shooty style game called Void: Mostly Harmless. Since that one's entirely singleplayer, it follows a more rogue styled game of upgrading your ships and blasting people.
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Cheers for the suggestions, I actually had no idea that EVE online went free-ish!
Too bad I lost most of my interest by the time I got through the long winded tutorial again.. but I expect the itch to come back soon enough.

Elite Dangerous is now on my radar too because I am especially looking for stuff that's fun to use with a controller (so far Don't starve is the only one like that in my collection).
I just might have to accept that mining isn't all that interesting in games. I keep wanting to do it but 5 minutes in I realise how little I'm achieving. It's like Oblivion or Skyrim, I've done them to death but they keep clawing at my attention :P

In other news. I did a thing (video links)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wGZjW ... M_3x9jNwAd
It's a chunk-based mesh builder (currently) using image data.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hnM7s ... 8eww2f2j2e
FFFFRRRR

Post by FFFFRRRR »

Plutonia 2 - Map 32. I'm there now. I beat every map in this wad up until there without saving on UV. Wasn't as hard as I imagined.

I always get stuck after picking up the blue key. I have to get back to the spawn area, but the 10 arch viles mixed into a croud of 50 other enemies are making this a bit tough. It doesn't matter, though, because there's still the final area, which is just a joke when it comes to difficulty.
The randomness is a big problem: If you are lucky, the arch viles are around the corner, and you can run through the field to the spawning area without getting burned. If you are in bad luck, they are all right there.
Same with the last area: If you are lucky, the two cyberdemons in front of the steps will infight some other monsters, and you can get through. If you are unlucky, they will focus on you. Maybe the spawn-cubes even summon archviles and you can't get up the stairs without being knocked down!

I guess this whole map is supposed to be a quirky joke, but it is always because of maps like this I will never be able to fully complete a WAD in a "no-saving" UV-run. I gave up on Alien Vendetta because it has the same problem. Except it has 3 slaughtermaps, so its even worse, actually.
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Last night I got home from the pub to a very cold room so i fired up an intensive game, turned off the monitors and went to sleep :lol:
In my defence I do not have an actual heat source beside the (sometimes) inadequate floor heating.
TheFerries

Post by TheFerries »

Just tried out The Switch version of Skyrim (how many versions?)

It's Ok, but better wait for a sale cus its not worth the release cost
It also seems like with each release of skyrim the game gets buggier and buggier, the Special edition even readded some bugs that were already fixed in the original game!

Also the Master Sword looks like its made of plastic :P

EDIT: oh and I was playing Modded Fallout NV, goddamn, that is a really good time eater
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Lud wrote:Can suggest two.
Freelancer's Discovery Mod still has a pretty active community. The servers have people roleplaying all the time. (Note: info is 3-4 years old, but I think the server still has about 60 people in there regularly. Forum sure is active. Head dev not so much.)
Elite: Dangerous might be something that could be of interest to you.

Oh, and EVE is no longer on forced subscription. You can go free, but won't have access to T2 tech, which isn't as bad, really, if you manage to get a fleet of 2-3 people to do complexes together. Otherwise you can still go for T1 Meta 4 tech. It's not bad.
Alpha Clone (free to play) players are about to get a major buff. Racial ship restrictions will be lifted, Alphas can use up to Battleships (note, not the large weapons that come with the majority of them), and they can also use Tech2 Small and Medium weapons (but not the ships).
These changes are slated for December.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Even better! I haven't been following up on EVE development lately, so that's good news. Though Battlecruisers is as far as anyone would go in terms of soloing complexes and stuff. T2 tech on the other hand is a blessing.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Lud wrote:Even better! I haven't been following up on EVE development lately, so that's good news. Though Battlecruisers is as far as anyone would go in terms of soloing complexes and stuff. T2 tech on the other hand is a blessing.
I have found no shortage of things to do. Exploration is a big thing that Alphas can do that can make a player a lot of ISK for starters. Unfortunately, Alphas are still restricted to the Venture (Mining Frigate) for mining, as they will still not be allowed to use the much nicer and tankier mining barges.
Still, being able to use such large combat ships mean that they can be exceedingly helpful in small gangs and larger fleets.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Finished Spear of Destiny.

After the circus that is getting to the other bosses, I wasn't expecting the Death Knight so suddenly. (I guess one could count the preceding level/torture device maybe.) However, the combination of dedicated strafe keys and hilarious AI had me chasing him down. The random mutants and officers in the map were the bigger threat really.

Then the AOD stood there like a chump while I unloaded ~90 rounds into his face. Sheesh.

Anyway in celebration I made something stupid.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Streamed some Attack of the Phantom Karate Devils for C64. I wasted so much time trying to "avenge the master" in this game back when I had a C64 to play on.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I see that the forum has been reorganized again, which will take me some time to get used to. That said, shouldn't the Spriting Carnival be moved to the Resources subforum, since it's the primary source of images?
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:I see that the forum has been reorganized again, which will take me some time to get used to. That said, shouldn't the Spriting Carnival be moved to the Resources subforum, since it's the primary source of images?
I mentioned this in the thread for the reorganization, but a lot of sprites posted in the spriting carnival aren't free to use, and quite commonly people post there just to show cool stuff they've made.
The rules for the resources forum and that thread are also different.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Reseted modem today to see if my ip changes, but err fug my isp pick the same prefix and that shit is ban ranged from 4chan so i can't post in /doom/ there anymore, i wish i could find the retard who made the mods in 4chan ban range him just to bury him alive.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Zanieon wrote:Reseted modem today to see if my ip changes, but err fug my isp pick the same prefix and that shit is ban ranged from 4chan so i can't post in /doom/ there anymore, i wish i could find the retard who made the mods in 4chan ban range him just to bury him alive.
That sucks man. Hope you find a workaround.

Though....How does one get banned from 4chan? Of all places?

You'd have to be a pretty despicable human being, or literally unlikeable.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Only on /b/.

Return to “Off-Topic”