The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Dancso

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Dancso »

Welp I'm pissed. I completely forgot to check whether the Shadow Warrior classic redux had multiplayer at all because I just assumed it would, since the original game had multiplayer (duh). Heck, I figured there'd some some sweet steam-lobby kind of thing. NOPE!
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

It's been that way for ages. The most bearable (and probably the most fun) way to play SW has been buried by the haphazard scavenged-up source release and the lazy emulator repacks. No one even remembers it had CTF anymore either. It's only a racist SP game now.

Even Redux's multiplayer was shelved because it had to do steam workshop support instead.......which ended up getting a bunch of offline multiplayer maps. good going general arcade. can't have both apparently

I've only last played SW multi in 1998 ;_;

(there's also a certain only-douchebags-run-the-biggest-"fan"sites problem ruining it further. it's so easy to squat with an ego trip on a dead game)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

So, a Category 4 hurricane is pointed directly at my town. Hopefully it will move slightly and weaken, but it's time to get supplies (water, food, beer, ammo [some criminals loot post storm when the town is shutdown], medical supplies, flashlights etc.) I've survived a lot of serious hurricanes, from Andrew to Charlie etc. (Charlie took our trees and threw our mailbox on the other side of town, no power in the whole town for half a month, took part of our roof... man.) Hopefully this one calms down a little.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

That is just terrifying. And i hope there's no problem, literally. Hurricane is one serious disaster.

And about... me, This insomnia thing has come back and start to hurt my brain. You know, this is happening again and again like a cycle. Which is not okay and i really HOPE things will get un-cycled soon.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

The folks putting together the source code release for Shadow Warrior (which had to be assembled from multiple sources like some kind of fucked up frankenstein) were unable to find proper multiplayer code, which is why all the source ports and re-releases lack multiplayer.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

And it's a Category 5. Jesus...

I'm going to go start testing radios and flashlights.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Yeah, this one looks pretty serious. No matter what it does, it's virtually guaranteed to hit me. The only question at this point is how - either it can hit me directly or it can do what most of them do and shave me right off to the side, barely missing, meanwhile I get a huge mass of rainfall outside.

Honestly, this is the first time I will have been in a hurricane. Funny that this particular one looks to be packing quite a serious punch - and at this point, fates will have to align for me to avoid it. (Who knows - stranger things have happened)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Rachael wrote:Yeah, this one looks pretty serious. No matter what it does, it's virtually guaranteed to hit me. The only question at this point is how - either it can hit me directly or it can do what most of them do and shave me right off to the side, barely missing, meanwhile I get a huge mass of rainfall outside.

Honestly, this is the first time I will have been in a hurricane. Funny that this particular one looks to be packing quite a serious punch - and at this point, fates will have to align for me to avoid it. (Who knows - stranger things have happened)
PLEASE be careful Miss Rachael. The worst one I've experienced personally was Charley. I didn't record this video, but I was about 4 blocks from this gas station. This was a Category 4, about 10MPH from being a Category 5.

Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Yeah - hurricanes do not joke around. Especially this one. I am well aware of this.

Still - I am hoping that I am far enough in-land that even if it does hit me, it won't be a cat >4+ by the time it gets to me.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Yessum. I'm hoping it weakens from the islands and takes some curvature.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I remember when Hurricane Isabel came about where I lived. I was just a little kid, then... and that stuff was terrifying.

@Rachael, @RexS... you have my sympathies.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

I don't post much, but I wish you guys the best. I'll try to keep my eye on that thing.
Trance

Post by Trance »

I think that seeing the effects of Harvey on the TV has put a proper fear into the normally-blasé population of Jacksonville. The 10 grocery stores within 6 miles of me ran completely out of bottled water at 11 AM this morning. I have a backup plan in case I can't get my hands on any (Brita filters), but there's an urgency to this one that I've not seen from my city in the past.

I wonder if I'll get another miracle like with Matthew and manage to preserve power. Not banking on good luck, though.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Between this and Wildweasel being close to a hundred miles from a big honkin' fire, we've got all sorts of stuff to worry about.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I'll freely admit that I can't quite imagine how terrifying that must be. I've only ever had to deal with thunderstorms and the occasional almost-tornado. For what it's worth, I do hope you all come through okay.

Ventris: Well, I'm going to be mistaking you for Marty Kirra for a while. :P

... So I just spent half an hour trying to trace a bizarre bug. Turns out I typoed a == (comparison) as = (assignment), and assignments in ruby are just another truthy expression. Thanks, ruby!

(I still think it's a fantastic language, though. And I'm not just saying that because everything looks better after you deal with PHP. :P )

Return to “Off-Topic”