The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by irontusk341 »

binge watching an old childhood cartoon "Gargoyles" on Disney+ because i have no life.... :P
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

irontusk341 wrote:binge watching an old childhood cartoon "Gargoyles" on Disney+ because i have no life.... :P
Gargoyles is on Disney plus now? I had to look long and hard to find that series. Totally worth it.
kodi

Post by kodi »

Been playing some Wasteland 2 after Kinsie linked the free offer in the other thread. It's alright, but damn there's some chunkiness to the interface and gameplay. I find myself comparing these aspects unfavorably with old Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel and even Temple of Elemental evil.

Also had to jump through hoops to get it to play on the monitor I want too. System Shock 2 which I recently replayed has that as the first option in the video settings menu, and GZDoom has of course spoiled me with how easy it is to set everything up.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Vostyok wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:binge watching an old childhood cartoon "Gargoyles" on Disney+ because i have no life.... :P
Gargoyles is on Disney plus now? I had to look long and hard to find that series. Totally worth it.
Yep... Theres a couple other 90s cartoons that need to be remastered as well!!
Attachments
scree.jpg
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Making animations takes time... But it's totally worth it.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Is that music from THE NEVERHOOD?!?

Whatever you're doing Cap, keep doing it. It is worth it.
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

Replayed Megaman X4 and X5 instead of working on my mod like I should this weekend.
It was a blast to play through again, though I remember it being harder.
Really the only bosses that gave me trouble were Magma Dragoon from X4 and the two first sigma stage bosses (devil and wall texture) in X5.
Heck, I couldn't even get Magma Dragoon past half health normally (that's what I get for picking him first), but after I realised I can just take a ride armor into the fight, stuff got way easier.
Played as Zero too, because I like him and there's something more satisfying with slashing your enemies in half instead of shooting them.
Goldenflare5643

Post by Goldenflare5643 »

Trying to beat obsolete hardware into working condition, no really im serious...

I got an old HP Compaq DC5100 with windows XP on it, I use it to run old games like quake and doom without ports.(with some help from 3rd party clock speed programs) Four days ago I booted it up to find that the screen was covered in colored stripes and ä's. Now, as a GPU gets hotter/colder it expands/contracts, what happens is that eventualy the GPU expands and then contracts so much that one of the soldered connections to the motherboard cracks and just barrely breaks loose. This causes some kind of de-sync with the actual video and what the card is displaying. Knowing this I did what anyone would do, I got a heat gun, blasted the heat sink, and proceded to beat the case side closest to the motherboard about five or six times. Boots up and its fine!

H A C K E R M A N
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Jarewill wrote:Replayed Megaman X4 and X5 instead of working on my mod like I should this weekend.
It was a blast to play through again, though I remember it being harder.
Really the only bosses that gave me trouble were Magma Dragoon from X4 and the two first sigma stage bosses (devil and wall texture) in X5.
Heck, I couldn't even get Magma Dragoon past half health normally (that's what I get for picking him first), but after I realised I can just take a ride armor into the fight, stuff got way easier.
Played as Zero too, because I like him and there's something more satisfying with slashing your enemies in half instead of shooting them.
Mega Man X - X5 are amazing. X5 was literally supposed to end the series:
Spoiler:
The Philosopher

Post by The Philosopher »

Man, this last months in my country (Chile) are like a bad dream, police killing manifestants, the goverment doing literally nothing about it, ogligarchs defending this fucking system installed in dictatorship, literal fascists laughing with the human rights violations and the "left" instead of supporting the people they decide to allie with the bourgeois and maintaining the fucking system, there is stil hope though, i hope the PCAP (M-L political party) get rid of all the cancer of my once beatiful country
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Sorry to hear that :( I am ashamed to be a citizen of the very country who installed that very dictatorship - one remarkably similar to a large number of dictatorships they've forced into power abroad with numerous coups under the guise of "spreading freedom and democracy". You'd think they would treat us better here, but no, people with wealth and power gonna do what people with wealth and power do, and that's deny everything to everyone and keep it all for themselves while lying through their teeth about it, and try really hard to create a system of fascism where it's a crime to speak out about it. (And somehow people believe that "free speech" still exists when our politicians have been stomping on our constitution non-stop with their filthy muddy boots for the past 70 years, since the end of WWII - our education is so bad they don't know what "free speech" actually is, and what power it is supposed to actually give you - they instead unwittingly become part of the problem, part of the group of folks who support this fascism by attempting to silence those who want actual freedom and a representative government) If our living conditions are better here, it's only because it's bearable for the time being, but that's certainly not the case for everyone who lives here, especially for minority groups and the LGBTQ community.
The Philosopher

Rachael wrote:Sorry to hear that :( I am ashamed to be a citizen of the very country who installed that very dictatorship - one remarkably similar to a large number of dictatorships they've forced into power abroad with numerous coups under the guise of "spreading freedom and democracy". You'd think they would treat us better here, but no, people with wealth and power gonna do what people with wealth and power do, and that's deny everything to everyone and keep it all for themselves while lying through their teeth about it, and try really hard to create a system of fascism where it's a crime to speak out about it. (And somehow people believe that "free speech" still exists when our politicians have been stomping on our constitution non-stop with their filthy muddy boots for the past 70 years, since the end of WWII) If our living conditions are better here, it's only because it's bearable for the time being, but that's certainly not the case for everyone who lives here, especially for minority groups and the LGBTQ community.
There is no need to feel guilty, i understand that both the proletariat of my country and yours are constantly opressed by the ogligarchs, i will not blame you for the problems of my country but i will support all of the millions of working class americans who truly want a better place to live and want a real change, i hope that for the next elections your people make the right decision and vote for people like Bernie Sanders who could not have the same ideology i have but at least will not be another Bush or Reagan.
The Philosopher

And for the people who say "bhhhuuuuuu pinochet saved chile" come to my country, live with the minimum wage, use the poorly financied public hospitals (the goverment gives all the money to the privates) use the public transport who in 1 month will use almost half of your wage and then tell me how this is the best model
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

The Forum Rules wrote:ZDoom is not a religious/political debate platform anymore. Because we've had big problems with users coming to blows over religious and political issues many times in the past, we've decided that it's better that nobody discuss them at all. If you want to talk about your day at church, you might be okay. Similarly, declarations that "I voted!" are probably also okay. But serious political and religious debates usually end badly, with many users getting warned or banned for poor behavior, so any threads that attempt to start such will be closed on sight.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Pinochet... Yeah, i've heard about him and the certain crisis. Just like mine, i see your country had some sad past and conflicts just like mine. No matter what, it won't gonna ruin your day. Let's just hope it gets better.

Anyway the Rules are rules, but i'd just let people release some frustration or life issues with a bit of restriction. Religious or Political things are unsurprisingly the hot take and could cause more trouble. But i would like to help the people who's been suffered by it as much as i can.

Return to “Off-Topic”