The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Woolie Wool »

Is that really what it's like in Spain these days? I've heard things have been bad since the Eurocrats started pillaging everything in 2008 but Jesus.
Orka

Post by Orka »

Spoiler: Spoiler because it may contain too much politics
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Well, one of these days a rapper has been condemned to more than three years becouse one song was considered offensive. Also there's a law called "gag rule" and you can get fined with up to 600.000€.
Nice tower BTW, i found one Athlon XP computer a few days ago next to a trash container, i'll sell it soon for 10€ to buy food. I repair computers (home service) and i usually charge 10€ or even less. Unemployment rate is high, here in the south near 30%.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Man that sucks. :( Wishing you the best though.

As for the projects, anyone you can hand the repositories to for now?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

After all these years the government in all around the world haven't got any better. Yet i already lost hope on MY country after the well-known presidential incident. I think they're getting worse and worse through the time in my eyes. But i hope people out there being suffered by the dictatorship or unfairness can get their peaceful redemption.

Sounds silly since i can't do anything about this but giving some moral support, this is the only way i can help.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Captain J wrote:After all these years the government in all around the world haven't got any better.
As someone who lives in what is quite possibly a 3rd world country, trust me, It has, at least in yours (assuming you are in south Korea and not north) and most other first world countries. The infrastructure on most other countries I visit outside my own is leagues ahead of what's in mine (Washington, Texas, and Florida almost seem clean enough to the point I almost though you had your cleaners at gunpoint or something.), something in your governments at least seems to be working.

Something I've noticed is that we seem to be in an era of exaggeration though. We seem to be in an era where bad events and catastrophes are blown way the fuck out of proportion by the media at large or even covered up if it does not fit a narrative. (does not make them any less tragic or horrific, but we sometimes take them as the rule rather than the exception). And hell, if we can at least give one tiny consolation to all bad news: at least they got "caught/stopped/called out".

Moral of the story: The world's grey/gray enough to be at least somewhat bright, it's just sometimes too hard to see when focused on all the black. that and I'll eat my hypothetical liver if a news station writes about someone opening a puppy farm and posts it on the front page because good news, unless politically charged, rarely sells.
drfrag wrote:Nice tower BTW, i found one Athlon XP computer a few days ago next to a trash container, i'll sell it soon for 10€ to buy food. I repair computers (home service) and i usually charge 10€ or even less. Unemployment rate is high, here in the south near 30%.
Good luck on finding some employment, at least you have the internet to keep you company. :D

and how friggin expensive is everything in Europe? 10 euros is enough for a meal for 3 here.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Well here we got the rebellion, sedition, treason and injury to the crown criminal offences. You can go to jail for up to 30 years. But i know in other countries the situation is much worse.
Thanks for your support guys, i'll try to get a connection somehow. Perhaps luckily some neighbor is willing to share.
NeuralStunner wrote:As for the projects, anyone you can hand the repositories to for now?
No, but there's no need for now. We'll see what happens. At least the latest releases are stable and i could do my homework in time.
insightguy wrote:at least you have the internet to keep you company. :D
and how friggin expensive is everything in Europe?
Prices are not that high here (they increased when we changed the currency). But salaries are very low (they pretty much haven't been increased in decades) and many of us are unemployed. Actually they cheat since as long as you work only an hour in a month you don't count as unemployed for that period.
Some things are very expensive such as electricity and other services, as ministers end up working as counsellors in those companies.
I will be able to post but only from my phone (or a public library) and i've got only 500 MB per month.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

I can confirm that Spain is in deep shit.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Marisa Kirisame wrote:I can confirm that Spain is in deep shit.
Would you say it's in deep bull-shit? :P

...because ya know Spain has the Running of the Bulls event and be cause bull... I'm going to stop now..........And why can't the text get any smaller?
Woolie Wool

Post by Woolie Wool »

Well it's certainly deep in the EU's bullshit. I hope Wolfgang Schäuble lives long enough to be publicly guillotined when the revolution comes. He probably has 100,000 dead Europeans' blood on his hands already. He's so bad he could be in Donald Trump's cabinet.

In other news, my new Roland SC-88 arrived in the mail from Japan yesterday.

insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Woolie Wool wrote:Well it's certainly deep in the EU's bullshit. I hope Wolfgang Schäuble lives long enough to be publicly guillotined when the revolution comes.
I'm still wondering why the hell no one in the EU has tried what the Philippines, considering they managed to bloodlessly overthrow a president, twice. Is violence really the only way to change shit?

I dunno, maybe because I've seen violent revolutions that eventually turn into "don quixote fighting windmills" and eventually have to be put down by another revolution or newer members simply kill the older ones.
Woolie Wool wrote:In other news, my new Roland SC-88 arrived in the mail from Japan yesterday.
I don't know why, but why the heck do midis seem to sound better on this thing?
Woolie Wool

Post by Woolie Wool »

The entire machine is built around a specific set of sounds. Everything, all the DSP, all the possible effects, is designed to make the particular instruments the SC-88 uses sound as good as possible. And furthermore, it originally cost around $1000 and does absolutely everything on hardware. This was made for professional music productions; there are probably quite a few hip-hop albums that use the SC-55 or SC-88 plugged into a keyboard or sequencer.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

insightguy wrote:I'm still wondering why the hell no one in the EU has tried what the Philippines, considering they managed to bloodlessly overthrow a president, twice. Is violence really the only way to change shit?
Don't take comments from random strangers on the internet too seriously, especially when it is about politics. There is no need to "overthrow a president" in the EU. The rules and decisions there were made and agreed upon by the democratically elected leaders of each member state. As the UK recently demonstrated, your country can even vote to leave the EU if they so desire.
Gez

Post by Gez »

The EU is a sui generis community of independent nation-states and should not be confused with some sort of single state. It's not a federation or a confederation. There is no one to be overthrown.

The real problem is the religious belief in austerity; the idea that public spending is something inherently evil. But make no mistake, this problem isn't caused by the EU itself, since the same ideology also causes damage to nation-states outside of it. Just look at the USA's crumbling infrastructure and exsanguinated public services...
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Gez wrote:The real problem is the religious belief in austerity; the idea that public spending is something inherently evil. But make no mistake, this problem isn't caused by the EU itself, since the same ideology also causes damage to nation-states outside of it. Just look at the USA's crumbling infrastructure and exsanguinated public services...
As someone who has seen third-world government agents/people basically take tax money for the tax received, I can see why people are all for a smaller government and possibly be burned of the idea of "proper government spending".

I'm less inclined to believe that people think that it's inherently evil and rather, just burned out due to a "lack of progress" or even "visible utility". (Make no mistake, I've seen what happens when a good mayor is then preceded by a bad one, shit feels weird. No one really knows how important a function is until it's removed or just downgraded)

Return to “Off-Topic”