The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Seidolon

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Seidolon »

I suppose some of you heard about the emergency at the Oroville Dam spillway. That place is actually not too far from me, just a little bit to the northwest. On the news yesterday evening, I heard that the spillway was certain to fail within about an hour. Well that was a load of bullshit! I feel bad for all the people who were forced out of their homes for no damn reason. Tbh, I'm a little disappointed that the spillway didn't fail after all. There's not enough interesting shit happening near me. If it would've failed, it would have worked it's way all the way down to Sacramento and flooded the streets. That's really bad news, but at least it's something to spice up my life for the next few weeks. At my old high school, there was a student who apparently murdered his aunt or something. That's pretty interesting, but of course it's a year AFTER I GRADUATE! The guy was even in my sister's math class from what I heard. My point is that my life is boring. I once had a friend for about the first month of my first year in high school, but some shit went down one morning and the last time I ever saw him was him being led into a police car with handcuffs around hist wrists. It's too bad. He seemed like the kind of friend that I could really use nowadays.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

I'll take a boring life over whatever Lud is going through.

Valentine's Day Eve and I'm in a motel room... but with a dog as well as the girl. Mostly doing our own things but tomorrow we head back home. We really needed the time out of the house...
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Why? What's Lud going through?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

My life is quite exciting enough without disasters and murders (at least, none too close to me). I really don't need it getting spiced up.

I was close enough to actually feel the brush of Hurricane Matthew's tailwinds as it passed by late last year (right about the time I started working on QZDoom) - that's quite enough for me.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Rachael wrote:My life is quite exciting enough without disasters and murders...
Lucky
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I wish you guys good luck, with safety and lazy life! Even though i'm safe here, but i still can observe and see the bad things going on in my town...
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Stupid
Last edited by Seidolon on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Seidolon wrote:Tbh, I'm a little disappointed that the spillway didn't fail after all. There's not enough interesting shit happening near me. If it would've failed, it would have worked it's way all the way down to Sacramento and flooded the streets. That's really bad news, but at least it's something to spice up my life for the next few weeks.
You should probably take a chill pill and find a hobby.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I think perhaps the suburbs and city limits are intentionally a little too safe and secure for the life you are craving, yes? Perhaps a change of scenery would spice up your life. I would suggest Somalia or Capetown. Or perhaps parts of Mexico.

So many activities!
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

Happy today day, its certainly a day!
Spoiler:
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Yeah, I know it sounds bad, but I really feel like life is too safe. I have often fantasized about surviving a zombie apocalypse. I would be all alone which I would love. I also would not have to obey laws. To be honest, I would more than likely die in a zombie apocalypse. Everyone sees themselves as a survivor in such a scenario. If I died I would probably be just as happy as if I survived. I have no value for my life because I know my place in this world.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Seidolon wrote:Yeah, I know it sounds bad, but I really feel like life is too safe. I have often fantasized about surviving a zombie apocalypse. I would be all alone which I would love. I also would not have to obey laws. To be honest, I would more than likely die in a zombie apocalypse. Everyone sees themselves as a survivor in such a scenario. If I died I would probably be just as happy as if I survived. I have no value for my life because I know my place in this world.
Sounds like you've got a bad case of the Being-A-Goddamned-Teenager-s.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Sometimes these feelings can multiply as an adult. I think it's why the apocalyptic theme is always so popular. Escape from rules, society's absurdities, red tape (and by extension taxes, responsibility and social exclusion) seems like a enticing fantasy.

....Until you've had your fill of death and violence, and can appreciate a community that is "too safe".
No fantasy is ever perfectly translated to real life, if at all.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

Jeez, I got things to do this week... In that case, I've played some SNOW lately. And drank some Fanta I recently bought.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Dangerous life is so much more fun when you treat it seriously but can still at over if you don't make it. Being under real life conditions like that though actually make a person so risk aversive that you won't even drive a car in the snow, even if the roads are being plowed hourly. Or leave your pet dog I the car for fifteen minutes when it's a cold day because you're scared of someone stealing your dog.

Return to “Off-Topic”