The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Captain J »

So the hellish invasion firstly started on Europe? That's... Scary.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Captain J wrote:So the hellish invasion firstly started on Europe? That's... Scary.
According to the Super Gore Nest Mission in Doom eternal, that’s where the infestation began. Btw that mission was the hardest. Made city of the Damned seem like cake walk.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Marisa Kirisame wrote:Japan was not affected, though, as one can see from the in-game maps.
Yea that was one of my goofs, the other was the Caspian Sea Region too... I realized it when I played through Arc Headquarters mission.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

decided to make gameplay vid of my own. And my, this one rather took long to upload.
Last edited by Captain J on Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Managed to restore "Open command window here" option to Windows 10 folders instead of only having Powershell. I still use DOS-like commands in folders quite a bit and although I'm sure that Powershell is very - erm - Powerful, it has a different syntax to the original command line operations and I don't know what most of them are. So, I would end up opening Powewershell only to them immediately type CMD within Powershell to get the traditional command line running inside Powershell. :roll: Now I get both options when Shift-right-clicking on a folder.

If, like me, you find "Open command window here" useful, and you're not shy about using Regedit to change your registry settings, this site steps you through the process nice and clearly.

https://www.tachytelic.net/2019/07/wind ... ompt-here/

[edit]
Oh, and if you want it to appear without having to shift-Rclick (just Rclick) then this tells you how:

https://www.watchingthenet.com/how-to-a ... vista.html

Though I simply renamed the "Extended" entry to "zzExtended" (actual name not important, just as long as it's different and doean't mean something else to Win10 I guess) rather than deleting it so that I could more easily restore it if I wanted to.
[/edit]
Gez

Post by Gez »

Or you can go to the file explorer's path bar and type cmd <enter> in there.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Usually I do this with folders on my desktop so being able to right-click and open a command line directly saves a click or two. But, yes, you can. :)
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Enjay wrote:I'm sure that Powershell is very - erm - Powerful, it has a different syntax to the original command line operations and I don't know what most of them are.
I've been told that powershell is well worth learning, yet I still haven't learned it either. :lol:
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Retrieved and archived the following source code ,uploaded to idgames:

Carnage Galore III: Fury of Vuradi JHexen source code:
It is far less useful now that CG3 is on GZDoom, but (although i can't find it anymore) i recall Graf definitely wanting to have the source code to this JHexen based mod. Most of the magic is centered around Fury.dll, so essentially one could call this the Fury Engine of some sorts.

Based on Doomsday Engine 0.99.6 with JHexen 0.93.4 as the plugin dll.

Find it here: Carnage Galore III Fury Engine source code

The Boggy Region Boom source code:
A TC/megawad from SilverMiner, The Boggy Region can be played in various ports, including ZDoom. However, rather uniquely, it also provides a way of playing in oldskool DOS through BOGREG.EXE, a source based modification from Boom 2.02. All in all, the differences aren't that major, but they are different enough to ensure it does not work in stock Boom 2.02.

Bogreg was also briefly used for the sequel The Curse of Boggy Region, but that TC currently targets GZDoom only (The one beta that can be found on MODDb does not work with the executable). Quite a unique release as DOS based source mods are a product of the 90's, not 2018 :)

Based on Boom 2.02 GPL re-release.

Fidn it here: The Boggy Region Bogreg.exe source code

My gratitude to Ichor and SilverMiner for releasing this code. See the related text files.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Darkcrafter »

In case someone wonder how doom eternal textures fit doom geometry: https://imgur.com/a/BfQMwCx
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Hey guys and gals, I'm back from around two years of not being able to log in to my account, ON ACCOUNT OF having no internet what so ever for the last year.

So much stuff to catch up on. Might see me posting more with me being inside more frequently. Hope yall are having a good day, keep it up.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Hey guys and gals, I'm back from around two years of not being able to log in to my account, ON ACCOUNT OF having no internet what so ever for the last year.

So much stuff to catch up on. Might see me posting more with me being inside more frequently. Hope yall are having a good day, keep it up.
So THAT'S why I haven't seen you around! I hope you're having a good day as well, what with internet service being back on and all. Stay safe!
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Hey guys and gals, I'm back from around two years of not being able to log in to my account, ON ACCOUNT OF having no internet what so ever for the last year.

well would you look at that, the man himself
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

ZDoom and Chex Quest 3:
Since ZDoom 2.3.0 is Chex Quest 3 supported as an IWAD and should be the preferred way to play if you want to play CQ3. But what if you want it a little more... custom?

Chex Quest 3 as released contained its own executable, Chex3.exe, based off ZDoom 2.3.1, custom icon, custom name, the works. IT also had its source code released.

What's far lesser known is that the creator of the icon as of version 1.4 of Chex Quest 3, compiled his own Chex3.exe replacement, now using GZDoom 1.4.0/ZDoom 2.4.0 as its base.

It added some changes:
-Cheats fixed (done in the official v1.4)
-All other tweaks made in the official chex3.exe
-Player options screen has a green background instead of red
-Player's skin is blue by default
-Texture filtering disabled by default in opengl mode (no blurry sprites >:()
-Demos play at the title screen!
-Tweaked the icon a bit
-dropped the 32-bit icons because they're identical to the 256 ones (gzdoom's icon doesn't have 32-bit icons either)
-smoothed out 48x48 a tiny bit
-16 color icons now match the original CQ1 and CQ2 icons
However, 3 cheats were done wrong in the ZDoom source. Aroenai (The author) had this to say about that:
Three of the cheat codes are wrong in the zdoom source and as a result, gzdoom too. MikeKoenigs and ScottHolman are switched and Sherrill is spelled wrong, not too big a deal if you don't cheat, but if you do (ie. my 9 year old self back in 1996) chances are you wouldn't know how to compile it yourself with the fix.
Graf did catch it back then however:
You know, it would have been nice if someone had bothered to report this! It was by pure chance that today I clicked on this thread. Not being a CQ expert it never occured to me that some of the cheats could be wrong!
An interesting little side story to Chex Quest 3. Do note that the GZDoom enhanced version of the exe relies on what was then the most current GZDoom release (1.4.0) but it is hopelessly outdated now. Still, if you would want to play Chex Quest 3 in GZDoom with the custom icon (for some reason)... well, you can. :wink:

Return to “Off-Topic”