The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Jeimuzu73

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Captain J wrote:shark boi comic
Pair him up with magma gurl and you're set. This nonetheless could be a great idea for your second Doom mod. :wink:
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Just discovered that Starcraft has been patched not too long ago and now I've been playing it these days thanks to the OpenGL requirement being lowered. The requirement was too high during April of last year and that was stupid. It was pretty dated, compared to Red Alert 2 to say the least now that I've played it as a grown up. Like the units tend to line up instead of gathering in one packed group when they are going from one place to another unlike in the newer RTS games, which is annoying but sometimes a good thing in certain scenarios and enemy units. But really bad when you're fighting against a base defense.

Also, the most annoying of them all, the units seem to have their LOS depending on their attack range. So if you're razing a base you will mostly find your troops sitting in one place after they're done trashing some buildings in one corner of your enemy's base and they won't attack buildings that aren't that far, like only a few feet away from them unless you tell them to. Unlike in Warcraft 3/Red Alert the units have a bigger LOS area and if they catch something that's outside their attack range they will engage it on their own.

But it's still good. And I get to hear those Terran themes while I build up an army again! The Terran themes are the best set of themes in that whole game.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

4thcharacter wrote:Also, the most annoying of them all, the units seem to have their LOS depending on their attack range. So if you're razing a base you will mostly find your troops sitting in one place after they're done trashing some buildings in one corner of your enemy's base and they won't attack buildings that aren't that far, like only a few feet away from them unless you tell them to. Unlike in Warcraft 3/Red Alert the units have a bigger LOS area and if they catch something that's outside their attack range they will engage it on their own.
The design philosophy in older RTS games was that the player was responsible for directing their units. Higher engage ranges were usually reserved for AI-controlled units, to keep them from getting entirely stomped. Better unit AI became a must in WC3 because it's half RPG anyway, and you're expected to spend most of your command time on directing your special snowflake. (Most of the "War" is gone, in that you're actively punished for having large armies that roll over your foes in the name of justice/murder.*)

Company of Heroes is fantastic, by the way.

* Murder is not a valid motivation for anyone in the "Warcraft canon" any more. The whole thing has been retconned out the ass so many times by writers who can't even remember if their own characters are dead. I wish I could find a wiki that goes up to BTDP and stops, because otherwise finding any details about story events is impossible. It all falls into the same "hurr burr did it for honor" meatgrinder and the result is something I can't read while eating.
Freaklore1

As anyone seen this yet ?Bruce Lee with Lightsaber nunchucks

Post by Freaklore1 »

Im not sure if i should consider this either epic or scary.

Anyone who would be able to master those weapons would be a badass,but at the same time if i saw someone coming at me with those i would be quite scared,because nunchucks are quite unpredictable in the hands of one who mastered them.

What do you guys think ?
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: As anyone seen this yet ?Bruce Lee with Lightsaber nunch

Post by Matt »

Given what we've seen Force users capable of - telekinesis, enhanced prediction - this could actually be workable.

(I mean, we kinda have to assume some superhuman ability to manage lightsaber blades in the first place given how little there is keeping your fingers from slipping down the grip on those things)
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Does there need to be a whole topic for a meme video?
Edit: Merged into the what did you last do thread.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Does there need to be a useless reply to a valid topic that adds nothing to the discussion and is only not frowned upon because you're a mod?

user was warned for this post
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Nevander wrote:Does there need to be a useless reply to a valid topic that adds nothing to the discussion and is only not frowned upon because you're a mod?
I don't know. Why don't you ask yourself that same question?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Because mine was in response to yours, which in turn makes it valid. I guess mods can't get warnings then hmm?

You could have just merged it without posting that comment attacking the OP.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Nevander wrote:Because mine was in response to yours, which in turn makes it valid. I guess mods can't get warnings then hmm?

Right after receiving a warning you kept this going. I think it's time you take a day to reflect on this.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Nevander wrote:Because mine was in response to yours, which in turn makes it valid. I guess mods can't get warnings then hmm?

Merging it didn't occur to me until after the fact. It was a genuine question. I'm sorry you took it personally for whatever reason, though.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Shadelight wrote:Does there need to be a whole topic for a meme video?
Edit: Merged into the what did you last do thread.
For what it's worth, I would have never seen it since I never check this thread!

(As far as concern about clutter goes... don't old OT threads get deleted after they bumped off of page whatever?)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Matt wrote: (As far as concern about clutter goes... don't old OT threads get deleted after they bumped off of page whatever?)
That's apparently been disabled for a while. I'd assumed it was going on until a year after it'd been switched off. :?
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Took a quick nap today, and when I woke, I found some homemade chocolate oatmeal cookies nicely wrapped by my door.My best friend baked us both some.Talk about taste!Wonderful!Yum! :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Sounds amazing and so sweet! I also slept fine... Although i woke up kinda late, but still i'm having a really wonderful day.

And i need to draw something, sadly this stupid slow body says no. But i'll try!

Return to “Off-Topic”