The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Vostyok »

Honestly, there is never really a good time for that sort of thing :blergh: .

Sounds alright though. :P
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

Let's play "Whose day was worse" game...I'll start

My fucking wallet was stolen on a book fair :sadno:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

And i almost lost my wallet today, for that matter. 2018 is doing terrible as usual, and i'm sorry to hear that and i hope you can find back your wallet somehow.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

Captain J wrote:And i almost lost my wallet today, for that matter. 2018 is doing terrible as usual, and i'm sorry to hear that and i hope you can find back your wallet somehow.
Thank you. I went the long route instead and blocked all the cards I kept in it...thankfully there was not much cash inside. It could've been worse I could've lost my ID card but I keep it with myself all the time so at least that's one less thing to worry about :roll: Didn't contact police since there's nothing they can do about it now.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

for some reason, i decided to try to write an android app.

this was a mistake on a level i can't even begin to comprehend. The toolkit is buggy, adb is the spawn of satan and repeatedly would refuse to work for no given reason, or stop working right in the middle of debugging something, the emulator frequently would stop taking debugger requests at all until the emulated copy of android is restarted, things crash for mysterious reasons, official documentation points you to classes that are deprecated and have been for a while despite implementing common UI elements like tabbed interfaces..., Android Studio's layout editor is unpleasant to use and occasionally does really fun things like spawn floating icons RIGHT OVER THE BOTTOM CONSTRAINT HANDLE, there's all sorts of mysterious things that don't make any sense to me and don't seem documented (why do i have to set a textview's width to 0dp to stop making it eat other control's spacing in a LinearLayout, and why does doing this cause it to outright hard crash on older versions...).

i hope i can chalk all of this up to me simply being stupid, not reading the docs thoroughly, and doing things wrong, but i have never had any experiences quite like this working on any other platform, ever.

and to think all i wanted to do was draw a fucking table
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

@SHayden i also got my wallet stolen when i was in high school a couple years back. luckily i didn't have a debit card yet, but i did lose my bus pass and over 30 dollars worth of cash that i had pain-painstakingly accumulated on my own. since then, i've been taking precautions to make sure it won't happen again, so i guess the good thing was i learned something from it.

in related news, i got my new debit card (i forgot it's called a debit card and not a credit card). hopefully i won't have my information shilled again.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

If you are in to contra games and the kind of dificulty maybe will be good to give it a try to the demo and share some opinion with the devs ;)

https://ironmeat.itch.io/iron-meat?secr ... ZiFWirvP4U
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Just cleaned our baby inside and out for Thanksgiving. Buying a shop-vac was a pretty good investment, I think. No more paying for vacuum at the gas station. lol

Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Today I ended the long string of sessions with my shrink. I came home with the knowledge that I've got to try enjoy things more instead of living in a spreadsheet simulator. Suddenly I began humming Smash Mouth's All star, decided to blast it loud on my phone as i prepared my lunch and then the lyrics really hit me.
Think I'll be all right. :P
Trance

Post by Trance »

My world's on fire; how 'bout yours?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

headacheme.PNG
I freakin' Haaaaaate Headache... I know i need some more sleep, but i just can't because i don't like to sleep anymore...
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

Tiredness headaches suck, they don't let you get to sleep but you gotta rest to let your noggin cool down. Have you tried going to sleep while listening to videos/music? Doom gameplay vids are really good for going to sleep to, BigMacDavis has a whole bunch of iwad playthroughs that are both informative and relaxing :D
btw that pic reminds me of one I did a while ago
https://66.media.tumblr.com/578f34f6fa3 ... 1_1280.png
it's of an idea escaping, but it probably looks how your headache feels right now. Have some asprin and lie down if you're not busy
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

Skelegant wrote:https://66.media.tumblr.com/578f34f6fa3 ... 1_1280.png
it's of an idea escaping, but it probably looks how your headache feels right now. Have some asprin and lie down if you're not busy
Wow, that looks like something Junji Ito would make if his style was more western.

Return to “Off-Topic”