The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Enjay

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Enjay »

Mostly seeing if I can manage to do this on my phone, but I think it's quite cool any way.

Visited some Nazi tunnels constructed on the island of Jersey during the Nazi occupation (1940-45).

Originally built for munitions but eventually repurposed as a field hospital. Built by "volunteers", mobile paid Labour and Slav slave labour. How well you were treated depended on your origin.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Thanks to all of you for your support, it helped a lot. Finally it's over now. I made a formal complaint to the property managers, so this woman finally admitted she lied, but didn't know why. She did apologize so I accepted and let go.I don't know what's wrong with her but she has to have mental help now. For all of you who have been through something like this, you have my deepest sympathy. Thanks again!
ZealknightMR

Post by ZealknightMR »

I've been playing the hell out of Super Mario Maker 2. No joke, I have 300 hours playtime according to my switch profile. That's the biggest reason why I've been away from trying to make my doom map for a few months now. I played almost 1000 courses from players, both good and bad levels (mostly good). I've made 9 levels of my own and working on my 10th level.

https://imgur.com/a/XqAVGMx

sirudoom

Post by sirudoom »

I get this new gross tap water and I drank it all day yesterday, feel sick now. but I guess now I know and its good to get that over with. im not sure if this is the right thread, I cant wait to get good water and good sleep.
TedNelly

Post by TedNelly »

For anybody that plays magic, A turn 2 Blood moon felt HELLA good.
sirudoom

Post by sirudoom »

mercury retrograde... its here think ive smoked too much weed and drank too much weed.. I love drinking good water, this mercury retrograde is cool.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Quite took a lot, had to do some real life works and translating stuff. But here it is! The Halloween drawing.
Spoiler: Grotesque graphics warning. Seriously.
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

Awwww, they are so cute! <3
Really great drawing Captain J!
gdm413229
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by gdm413229 »

Gave dpJudas' GZDoomBuilderGL a shot and I'm quite impressed by it's current state, even if Linux support is highly experimental. (On Linux, you're guaranteed to encounter bugs and crashes, including a crash with the map selector that I've experienced.)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

gdm413229 wrote:Gave dpJudas' GZDoomBuilderGL a shot and I'm quite impressed by it's current state, even if Linux support is highly experimental. (On Linux, you're guaranteed to encounter bugs and crashes, including a crash with the map selector that I've experienced.)
Dude - you're fucking OBSESSED. I admire your enthusiasm and stuff but give it a rest, will ya?

Seriously - there really do exist things in this world that are good, that aren't GZDoomBuilder for Linux.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Darkcrafter »

Taking a rest is vital not to let yourself burn off but the guy is having fun and having fun is what fullfils the life with purpose :ugeek: I'm not trying to shitpost but hoping for even better GZDoomBuilder (for windows too :roll: )
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Oh I am not against GZDoomBuilder becoming better, and the OpenGL changes for sure will improve it greatly on Windows along with allowing it to run on Linux. That's a mere distraction from the issue with this guy, though - it's literally the only thing he's ever posted about in the past 5 months, and he's an annoying pest in PM's to certain people about it (at least from what I've been told). That shit's gotta stop.

It's fine to be enthusiastic or even a fan of something - but for the love of god, rein that shit in.

I'd really rather not ban the dude over this, but if that's what it takes for him to stop annoying people about it I will do it. His posts before the whole editor business started have been a lot more helpful, constructive, contributing, etc.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Darkcrafter »

Owch, yeah then obsessed is a little too soft way to call the issue... anyway, I think I would just "thank" somebody with something that has real value if I was desperately asking for something to be developed, in the end of it this software is free and developers don't owe anything to anyone, why would developers would waste their precious time rushing into it, now sorry this sounds brutal, but this is the only explanation that comes to my mind on why these messages can be so disturbing. I'm into developing something and I know some people waiting for updates, but none of them would do it like this to me, even though I have their support.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Yeah, I am depended on for a couple WoW related projects, myself, and whoa boy when something breaks do I hear about it. I don't mind that, though - it's nice to have fans. It really is. Thankfully none of them have yet become quite as obsessed, though there was an incident a year or so back where I pissed someone off (mostly by telling him about himself) and he was all over me like white on rice until the moderators on the forum where it happened banned him. Once he realized that he could no longer reach or affect me in any way after his ban though, he eventually gave up on me, though I did see a few posts on his social media where he was complaining about me.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I got the EGR and A.I.R. pump deleted and removed from the TransAm in order to prepare the car for long tube race car headers. The EGR is part of the emissions system, and its function is to recycle some of the exhaust gases back in to the intake manifold to help cool the charge air in the cylinders, while also reducing pollution. The A.I.R. pump injects air in to the catalytic converters (which is the filter on the exhaust that converts carbon monoxide in to carbon dioxide, as well as filtering other dangerous particles out and catching minor amounts of unburned fuel if some where to make it to the exhaust by mistake) so that they are functional earlier after starting the car, instead of waiting to reach a certain temperature from driving around. Most headers do not accommodate these emission systems as they are designed for race cars, and not for regular street car use. The 2001-2002 Camaro and Firebird V8 cars (Z28/SS, Formula/TransAm/WS6) do not have EGRs because they use the LS6 intake manifold from the C5 Corvette Z06 instead of the LS1 intake manifold. They make up for this, emissions legality wise, by having a less aggressive camshaft that basically accomplishes the same thing with its exhaust overlap. Once the headers are installed, the car will be 100% not street legal in California and a few other cities and states around the country. I will be installing a high-flow catalytic converter though, so the exhaust is still getting filtered.

I got the EGR and A.I.R. pump deleted and removed from the TransAm in order to prepare the car for long tube race car headers. The EGR is part of the emissions system, and its function is to recycle some of the exhaust gases back in to the intake manifold to help cool the charge air in the cylinders. The A.I.R. pump injects air in to the catalytic converters (which is the filter on the exhaust that converts carbon monoxide in to carbon dioxide, as well as filtering other dangerous particles out and catching minor amounts of unburned fuel if some where to make it to the exhaust by mistake) so that they are functional earlier after starting the car, instead of waiting to reach a certain temperature from driving around. Most headers do not accommodate these emission systems as they are designed for race cars, and not for regular street car use. The 2001-2002 Camaro and Firebird V8 cars do not have EGRs because they use the LS6 intake manifold from the C5 Corvette Z06 instead of the LS1 intake manifold. They make up for this, emissions legally wise, by having a less aggressive camshaft that basically accomplishes the same thing with its exhaust overlap. Once the headers are installed, the car will be 100% not street legal in California and a few other cities and states around the country. (One of many reasons I would never live in California.) I will be installing a high-flow catalytic converter though, so the exhaust is still getting filtered.
Spoiler:

Return to “Off-Topic”