The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Kostov

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Kostov »

RexS wrote:Well, today is my birthday. This girl is supposed to hang out with me, I'm hoping she doesn't flag on me. I will be really sad if she does, but I also understand cause she has kids. We'll see...
If I’ve interpreted your post correctly: you sure it’s a good idea to date single moms?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Eeeeyeah. Happy Birthday and all, but Undead has a good point and i'm kinda concerned about Her already having own children. I mean, did you already married and got the custody of children? If not, please be careful.

Again, Happy Birthday and hope you have a good one. I'm pretty sure nothing will go wrong. Yes, i'm absolutely, positively sure!
Xim

Post by Xim »

Go for it RexS! Single moms deserve love too.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

He didn't exactly say he was dating, though...? Either way I hope it goes well.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Well, I'm definitely taking things a day at a time, I don't want to rush head first in to anything. We've gone to dinner and spent the night together before, but we haven't really talked about being together or anything. I think it's a realistic possibility, but like I said, one day at a time.

Also my late wife and I had no children together, which is a double edged sword. I don't have to be strong for them as we all grieve and comfort them while I deal with my own hell, but now I also never can with her on this Earth, in this life. But yeah, "single mom" isn't my ideal person to get in a relationship with, but I won't let that scare me away either, she's a really sweet girl.

I don't know. We'll see how life goes. lol
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That's a relief, i hope. And i wish you good luck, again! Stay safe and strong. I mean, you'll totally need it. When the life somehow goes down south, just trust and believe in your memories! You certainly will find the redemption throughout the time.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Captain J wrote:That's a relief, i hope. And i wish you good luck, again! Stay safe and strong. I mean, you'll totally need it. When the life somehow goes down south, just trust and believe in your memories! You certainly will find the redemption throughout the time.
Wait until I tell you what just happened. That girl sends me a random text message at 11:00PM, and all it contains is her live location with no explanation. I just thought it was weird at first, until the lightbulb went off in my head. So I grabbed my Beretta and started driving to the location given to me as fast as I could. I called her and she actually picked up, but she was acting very strange on the phone, and answering questions I wasn't even asking. I immediately picked up on this, and my heart went in to my throat. Holy shit she's in immediate fucking danger. I am shaking so bad driving, not knowing what I'm walking in to, scared my friend is about to get hurt or killed, or that I'm about to have to use my firearm or get shot at and killed. I mean, I'm not freakin' Batman. I'm not a vigilante. But I love the people in my life, so of course I want to protect them. That was the scariest moment of my life post-tragedy, I felt like I was going to puke the whole time I was driving. Then I started driving around where the location was and there is no one there. Just in the middle of the ghetto at 11PM, low on fucking fuel for my car. It was giving me a panic attack and flashbacks to the death of my wife (it wasn't a similar situation, just the fear of my friend being dead was horrifying.) I called again and she was sounding equally weird as before, and she told me where she was standing. I turned on the laser on my Beretta, turned off the safety, and just held it there in my passenger seat (without putting my finger on the trigger yet, just pointed along the barrel) hidden underneath one of my sweaters as I pulled up to them. He motioned for me to get closer, and the only reason I did was for her sake, and I kept eyeballing his movements and behavior on a rapid life/death analysis if I needed to pull the weapon. She opened the car door and he started walking away, so I turned the safety back on the handgun and put it in my glove box. She gets in, I locked the door, and start driving away, and she rolls up the passenger window and starts balling her eyes out. She tells me she met this guy online, it was supposed to be a bunch of people from some group chat on FaceBook, but only he showed up. When she declined going on a walk with him alone in the middle of the night, he started to get violent and aggressive. He was telling her "turn away your Uber, turn away your Uber, you don't need it right now, turn off your location on your phone" and she was terrified she was going to be assaulted sexually or get killed; I was obviously worried about the same thing. I held her hand and drove a good few blocks away and pulled in to a Walgreens parking lot and we both just started crying our eyes out. She said seeing my TransAm pull up was one of the best feelings she's felt in her life, she was so terrified. I tried to balance my words and not be to lecture-y, she just went through something terrifying she didn't need to be lectured, but I did tell her "please never ever ever do anything this stupid again, or put yourself or me in this situation again", and she agreed and kept saying how sorry she was. I told her I'm just glad she's okay, I was praying to God the whole drive over, and held her for like a half-hour before taking her back to her house. I told her she could stay the night with me and I could take her to work in the morning, but she said she wanted to see her kids which is completely understandable.

And now, I'm finally back at the house, shaking and crying. I don't know how to unwind from something like this.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

All this worry for a bunch of people from some group chat on Facebook? To me, your girl seems like a reckless type. Be careful, man.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

RexS - be careful there.

As for being a single mom - who fucking cares, as long as you like each other. But you should wait before you get engaged with her, though - just to be on the safe side. Marriage has a lot of entanglements that make it way too easy for people to take advantage of you - especially as a grieving widower.

But yeah - as for her being alone with a scary man in the middle of the night ... it almost sounds like she dodged a bullet there. I would encourage her to report the guy to the police - and since you've seen him too you should go with her for that. Try and avoid any further contact with him. Hopefully you weren't followed by him. But always remember - not everyone is as they seem. Scary as he might be, don't be so quick to judge him - keep your distance but don't just assume that this guy is a serial killer or anything like that.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Undead wrote:All this worry for a bunch of people from some group chat on Facebook? To me, your girl seems like a reckless type. Be careful, man.
I wouldn't call her reckless, but this was definitely an impulsive decision she should not have made. I'm hoping that she learned he lesson and applies common sense in the future, because this is the first time (in my experience) she's done anything like this. Usually she seems to have a good head on her shoulder, so this kind of took me by surprise. Also, the original plan was a group from Facebook (with several other females) not just this guy, alone. That still is a stupid idea, in my opinion (going alone at night, she should have brought me or someone with her in the daylight), but it wasn't originally just this strange guy.
Rachael wrote:RexS - be careful there.

As for being a single mom - who fucking cares, as long as you like each other. But you should wait before you get engaged with her, though - just to be on the safe side. Marriage has a lot of entanglements that make it way too easy for people to take advantage of you - especially as a grieving widower.

But yeah - as for her being alone with a scary man in the middle of the night ... it almost sounds like she dodged a bullet there. I would encourage her to report the guy to the police - and since you've seen him too you should go with her for that. Try and avoid any further contact with him. Hopefully you weren't followed by him. But always remember - not everyone is as they seem. Scary as he might be, don't be so quick to judge him - keep your distance but don't just assume that this guy is a serial killer or anything like that.
Oh, no, yeah. Yes maam. I wasn't even thinking about anything that far, yet. Just casually dating, boyfriend/girlfriend. lol

But yeah, we're not going to go looking for the guy or anything, I just hope she keeps her promise and stays far away. Even if we were dating, there's nothing wrong with having guy friends. But meeting strangers alone on the internet at 11PM at night is a big hell no for me. I have no ill feelings towards her going to protect her, but she needs to be smart and avoid situations like that in the first place. He could have roofied her drink. I mean, the biggest red flags were him getting violent and starting to act psycho because she wouldn't walk with him. And of course, "turn off your GPS location" is a pretty terrifying thing to hear from a guy 4x your size that you just met in the middle of the night, alone in the "ghetto." He almost got aggressive towards me when I came to pick her up, but I think he saw the still determination on my face and hand under my sweater on the seat and kind of chilled out. I didn't flash the weapon or anything, but it's possible she told him I have a gun before hand. (I don't know if her saying that would have made the situation worse, but maybe she did it to stall him and feel safer.)

I'm just glad this didn't end in one of the many dark paths it could have gone.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Holy... Oh wow. I almost lost my sanity and don't even know what to think to encourage you. That's some Catastrophe that never should've happened. And i'm really, truly sorry to hear that. I'm very upset and terrified that she somehow met some stranger she don't even clearly know online as well... And to think of the flashback this situation gave you, it's just Freaking Mental. Mental, i say.

... Nevertheless, and despite all that, you've shown your loyalty and courage to her and ULTIMATELY, saved her life. And therefore, you're still alive! However i'm getting a lot of concern about you and your GF's safety and well. You should do something about it, no matter the cost. Therapy, Moving... I mean, anything that could benefit your whole life. But sadly, all i can do right now is just giving you some advice and morally support you. I just hope everything goes alright, perhaps gives you some turning point.

I beg of you. Please stay safe, and never give up.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Whew. Great to read she's ok.

My wife almost got kidnapped coming back from work once. A car stopped in front of her and an armed guy comes out, gun pointed.

Thankfully (and somehow with luck) she ran to a Pizza-house nearby, and the car was gone. They asked colors, shapes or the car plate, but she was way too nervous to remember anything.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

GAA1992 wrote:Whew. Great to read she's ok.

My wife almost got kidnapped coming back from work once. A car stopped in front of her and an armed guy comes out, gun pointed.

Thankfully (and somehow with luck) she ran to a Pizza-house nearby, and the car was gone. They asked colors, shapes or the car plate, but she was way too nervous to remember anything.
That's terrifying, I'm so glad nothing happened. Also, she isn't my girlfriend (although that could be the future, I don't know where this life is headed), just a friend. But I appreciate all the kind words and sentiments, guys. I saw her today, and she was a little shook up, but more herself than last night (obviously.)
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

You guys live in scary places, I gotta give you kudos for that. Hong Kong has almost none of that, and I should be lucky.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

There is danger in every corner. I am kinda lucky too, the two times somebody tried to rob me, one was porting a fake gun (but pretty well made, it could convince any innocent) and i pulled my knife (ironically i had one similar toy gun as a kid, it's scary to see today you could buy those things pretty cheap. Maybe that's why i knew it was fake).

The other was just kinda drunk, i distracted and then outran him.

Return to “Off-Topic”