camper

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by camper »

Development of Doom Remake on the Xash3D Engine
https://cs-mapping.com.ua/forum/showthread.php?t=39170
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Thanks for the replies guys. I do have Personal Injury Protection and whatever the value of the car coming.... that guy is pretty screwed in the first place causing 3 cars and several medical situations.

In a more positive light, I just updated the heck out of my Doom II campaign "Purgatory." Added a memorial to my late wife in the space levels (she also helped me with the the voice acting for the final boss when she was still physically here with us), got The Unmaker working perfectly, adjusted the boss, fixed tons and tons of bugs, cleaned up the "boring" areas, etc.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=37939
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Oh my God... I am crying laughing. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

Well, are you gonna tag him? Maybe send Doomguy a friend request? :P
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hope everything goes alright to you. Well, to me, this is rather getting funky... You see;

In January 17, I went some Convenience Store for a job. Gave the manager some papers, told me to call her after the holidays. Later, i've called her but she said already hired someone because my phone didn't receive her message DESPITE the phone number on that paper was accurate.

My sis told me that she intentionally ditched me. But i think i screwed it up again because i only called her and didn't visit that store and ask if it's ready.

Wooooow. I'M USELESS! :D
Cacodemon345
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Cacodemon345 »

I happened to install Windows 98 SE on PCem v14. It runs pretty good, but the Sound Blaster 16 PCI emulation doesn't seem to work in Windows 98 SE properly; only the DOS drivers actually work. I did try Sound Blaster AWE32 emulation, but I ran into issues with the MIDI out/MPU-401 emulation not working properly (has issues with not being able to select the correct MIDI sound instrument sets properly).
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Currently taking a taxi to a hotel in Seoul. My new job and new life in Gwangju begins at the end of the month!
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Captain J wrote:
In January 17, I went some Convenience Store for a job. Gave the manager some papers, told me to call her after the holidays....

My sis told me that she intentionally ditched me. But i think i screwed it up again because i only called her and didn't visit that store and ask if it's ready.

I would not worry yourself about that job, buddy. Sounds like that manager is useless, and you just dodged a bullet.

Tired of incompetent managers blaming others.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Darkcrafter »

I really did an awful thing, before reformating my hard drive into gpt I thought all of my wad files with maps were backed up, I also formated the drive and rearranged its logic letters. Is there anything I could do to restore a file with *.wad extension? I tried using some tools found on the web but they only find mainstream formats like bmp, png, doc and etc.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Captain J wrote:Hope everything goes alright to you. Well, to me, this is rather getting funky... You see;

In January 17, I went some Convenience Store for a job. Gave the manager some papers, told me to call her after the holidays. Later, i've called her but she said already hired someone because my phone didn't receive her message DESPITE the phone number on that paper was accurate.

Yeah man, don't put yourself down. Whoever doesn't assume their mistakes hasn't grown in maturity, being a CEO or just a regular worker. This so called BOSS, would be a bad thing for you.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Captain J wrote:In January 17, I went some Convenience Store for a job. Gave the manager some papers, told me to call her after the holidays. Later, i've called her but she said already hired someone because my phone didn't receive her message DESPITE the phone number on that paper was accurate.
Don't assume it's your fault, or even hers, right away. Depending on your cell provider (and even model of phone), it's entirely possible your phone just totally failed to receive the call. I know sometimes I'll have to reboot my phone to "fix" the connection - but that's only after someone tells me "hey i tried to call but your phone must have been off", otherwise I have no idea it's even happening.

It still sucks that it potentially cost you this job, but really, don't beat yourself up about it.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Darkcrafter wrote:I really did an awful thing, before reformating my hard drive into gpt I thought all of my wad files with maps were backed up, I also formated the drive and rearranged its logic letters. Is there anything I could do to restore a file with *.wad extension? I tried using some tools found on the web but they only find mainstream formats like bmp, png, doc and etc.
Try Recuva. Avoid using that HDD the best you can until you can recover the files. They might be corrupted already, but go give it a try.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Darkcrafter »

Hellser wrote:
Darkcrafter wrote:I really did an awful thing, before reformating my hard drive into gpt I thought all of my wad files with maps were backed up, I also formated the drive and rearranged its logic letters. Is there anything I could do to restore a file with *.wad extension? I tried using some tools found on the web but they only find mainstream formats like bmp, png, doc and etc.
Try Recuva. Avoid using that HDD the best you can until you can recover the files. They might be corrupted already, but go give it a try.
Thanks. I'll try to, in the end of it I saved some of my more important maps.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Sigh... Thanks guys. I actually had a chance to visit that store, again, but i ruined everything as usual. And yeah, Weasel. Maybe my phone has some issues with taking messages? But still, it still nicely recieves any message and phone call just like an average cell phone, much better than the previous one. Either way, i don't want to blame the Manager but me.

Because you see, i was Rejected from Military Recruitment Examination a long time ago thanks to my... Rather unstable mind. Some regular companies and factories prefers the Males trained from the Military. Been rejected over and over again because of it and i just couldn't say anything i want, against my will. I haven't socialized a lot through the years and i think i deserve it.

Ultimately, this little hick town has very few jobs available. I'm just not sure how i can overcome this, but i'll certainly try. Again, thanks for the replies.

EDIT: And then this Runny nose happened, and the Headache as well. So much pain...
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

I had a very strange dream last night. Dream was about vampires, I was with a bunch of people at a party there was pool and everyone seemed to have good time. Suddenly someone turned into vampire, I remember my friend somehow finding a rifle and putting a shot into that guy's heart but he still survived. People that were bitten turned into vampires, we ran and general panic started. Then after some time everything calmed down, people that turned into vampires threw the rest of surviving humans into the (now empty somehow) pool. We asked what they are going to do to us and some of them said that they are going to keep us for fun and blood like for their own sick games. I remember then shouting that they were our regular human friends just minutes ago how they could do something like that to us but got no answer besides "shut up". Then some of us received "special" marks including me and my best friend that meant we were restricted from being killed and to be used solely for blood. After that the last thing that I remember was one of the vampires sinking their teeth into my neck and that's when I woke up. Freaky dream, it really made me sweat after I woke up since I felt betrayed by my friends and all.
I have bad dreams and nightmares very frequently :(
Spoiler:

Return to “Off-Topic”