The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
SouthernLion

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by SouthernLion »

I feel like I'm... I feel like I'm done upgrading the TransAm. I don't really want anymore power. I feel satisfied. I'm still going to get the seal kit for the ram air hood, and get a tune, but after that I think I'm done. I kind of wanted to do heads/cam/lifters or something, but I don't think I want to change the internals or do any forced induction / chemical induction (I would never do chemical induction on my late wife and my baby, anyway.) I still might upgrade the suspension or something, but as far as Horsepower goes, I think I'm stopping after the ram air seal / tune.

I've always wanted more power/speed, more power/speed... almost like an addiction. But with this car where it sits now... I win 99% of my races (against a factory stock car, I have beaten SRT-8 Challengers, C6 base model Corvettes, 5th gen SS Camaros, new GT Mustangs [non Shelby]) and the car easily has the power to merge in traffic conditions or on the interstate (I can go from 40MPH-100MPH in a few seconds [64kph-160kph]). I would lose against built drag cars, and more modern high HP muscle cars like the C7 Z06, a new ZL1 Camaro or of course an exotic car like a 2000+ Ferrari. But I feel like I'm in a sweet spot where the car is still driveable on the road and I don't need to be faster than *everybody.* I don't know if that's just me maturing and getting older, or what. But I'm pretty satisfied where it sits at this point.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

It's like levelling up. Once you are tired of these setups, you'll look for something different/better.

Anyway, i stopped my daily playing of Borderlands 2 (started some weeks ago) to watch Sharknado today. The movie wants to be trashy and it does the job SO goddamn well that i can't say if it is a bad or a really fun movie! All i can say is that i enjoyed it a lot. Now i am looking foward to watch Ghost Shark. =p
Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

If anybody here live in Indiana or in the northern states be safe tonight and through Thursday because right now in Indiana the current temperature is -13 to -15 degrees and the wind chill is at -45 to -55 degrees fahrenheit be careful being outside.
JadedLexi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by JadedLexi »

Hellsmith1 wrote:If anybody here live in Indiana or in the northern states be safe tonight and through Thursday because right now in Indiana the current temperature is -13 to -15 degrees and the wind chill is at -45 to -55 degrees fahrenheit be careful being outside.
I live in Wisconsin and it's -29C where I live at the moment.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

That's pretty chilly. I've been in temperatures below -20°C a few times (but never as low as -29). I find it fascinating that you can actually see the air behaving differently with how car fumes (etc) move and dissipate.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I got to unload a truck today. Outside. (I also did an arseplant on the ice, but I know better than to try and catch myself rather than control my descent.)

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Funny because it's getting colder and colder, and it gets warm off for some reason. Although i'm not a big fan of Summer, i wish it was already there. Can't even wake up from my bed and all!
Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

The wind chill warning is still be going on until Thursday afternoon and then this Sunday believe it or not its going to be in the 40s and maybe 50s this weekend coming crazy.

Have you guys heard any booms or cracks going on in your house during this cold spell?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Enjay wrote:I really like that. It's got lots of twists and turns (it's quite reminiscent of the X-Files theme at times - definitely not a problem) and, all together, it is a complete "beginning, middle and end" story all on its own.
thank you! it's pretty crazy how much i was able to improve the arrangement and flow of a track that was 6 years old at this point. most of the same elements were in there, just improved upon. for reference, here's the original track: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/886gjskrtxinh3 ... 9.mp3?dl=0

i've gotten a lot more done besides that as well. to avoid spamming this thread up, i'll just post a link to my Twitter account.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Well, I installed purple LED daytime running lights / front flasher & turn signal / parking lights. Both to honor my late wife and to go with the theme of the car. I had to put in special LED flasher modules for the turn signals and hazard flash mode, because the car would otherwise be confused by the low power draw of the LED and think the bulb was going out (and try to warn the user with rapid flashing.)
Spoiler:
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

It snowed pretty bad last night. My mom was just following other cars' lights because the environment was completely gray. We made it home safely though.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

My two main bosses (my direct boss and his boss) pulled me in to their office privately to tell me the whole store is worried about me. That I used to be such a good worker, and my declining mental health is obvious to everyone and I there are dramatic shifts in my behavior that makes people concerned I'm going to hurt myself...
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Well. I was just in a "serious" car accident. A 4 car pile up, my car being squished between two vehicles. (The car behind me was rear-ended at a pretty high speed, which smashed in to my car and smashed me in to the car in front of me.) My Ford Focus is a total loss, after I just put $2,000 in to fixing it. I'm now out my work car and 4+ days of income, and I'm late on bills. I was taken by ambulance in a stretcher and neck brace for neck and head injuries, while horrific PTSD ghosts of the wreck that killed my wife and almost killed me surrounded me. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhhahaahash
Spoiler:
This is why I survived the wreck with my wife? To have someone smash in to my TransAm? Have someone almost break in to my best friend's house, who I am terrified everyday of losing to a heart condition? To get bit by a dog and have to take 8 rabies shots? To get sandwiched in a 4 car wreck, and lose my source of income for all my bills? Couldn't I have just died in the wreck with my fucking wife? I could be a millionaire and I would be in constant torture... this is fucking... asinine.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Jesus Fucking Christ man... I really have no clue why life is being tormenting on you. I found this absolutely depressing and just awful, can feel the pain within your comment. It's truly a shame and feels like worm that i can't help you effectively but morally supporting you, but i hope you keep fighting until the end of this misfortune. I understand the massive pain and anything, but there always will be the brighter day. You probably should consider opening your very one donation site like Patreon.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

RexS: You know those TV lawyers, especially those "strong-arm" ones? That's what you need right now.

I'm sorry that happened to you though. :( You can recover, but right now you've got to hold whoever is responsible their feet to the fire and get something out of that. Liability is a huge market for TV lawyers, yes, but luckily that doesn't mean you just have to take such bad luck laying on your ass (literally).

I would research the different ones in your area and see who is best for your case. Remember not all lawyers are the same or the best - some are definitely better than others - but chances are you can get one that's willing to work for you for free (taking the fee either out of the settlement money or making the defendant pay for it) and not charge you if you lose the case (which is unlikely, given that it's put you in the hospital, but only if you act fast and play your cards right).

If the defendant does not have insurance (which does happen) - then you're fucked - but, not being an expert at the law my guess is it becomes a criminal case and at least you'll get to see the guy go to jail.

Return to “Off-Topic”