The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Captain J »

Jeans are fine for wearing as a working outfit, sure. But the only thing i cannot understand about it is that skinny jeans exists. It's super tight and seems has no purpose showing your bare legs with only fabrics just for show!
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Captain J wrote:Jeans are fine for wearing a working outfit, sure. But the only thing i cannot understand about it is that skinny jeans exists. It's super tight and seems has no purpose showing your bare legs with only fabrics just for show!
I actually find my skinny jeans to be the most bearable jeans I own, but they exist primarily for style.
lil'devil

Post by lil'devil »

Skinny jeans look ugly on the most people, IMO. I also dislike blue jeans, but I don't know what puts me off about them, maybe because almost everybody wears them.
However, what I really do like are loose black jeans, I wear them virtually all the time. Even better, some of the black jeans I have are almost indistinguishable from black trousers. And, oh my, how did I hate wearing trousers...
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

I have only one and it's black (kind of brownish)
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

My baby is back to her routine! She gets to go out and enjoy the fresh air again, although I'm keeping a closer eye on the plants and stuff around her tether since I'm still not sure if she accidentally ate something bad out there.
Spoiler: Fresh pic from this morning!
She and her siblings actually just turned 5 recently. (Crazy!) And my older cat just recently turned 15... He's been my buddy for half my life now. :)
Spoiler: Why don't I show him off too?
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I just did some calculations, and my TransAm should be around 4,468.08 DuckPower at the crank right now. This is important math. lol (If I get another performance car to compliment the TransAm, I would totally get a sticker on the car with the dyno results of HP converted to "DP" written on it.)
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

I found a working IBM Selectric II at goodwill the other day. I've wanted one for awhile and now I have one in blue to boot!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

NeuralStunner wrote:My baby is back to her routine! She gets to go out and enjoy the fresh air again, although I'm keeping a closer eye on the plants and stuff around her tether since I'm still not sure if she accidentally ate something bad out there.
Hahahahaah what friendly fluffy folks! I hope they are doing peacefully swell :D
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I just bought 6 tickets to see Skindred live! OH YEAH! I've seen them once before, and they were amazing. (Most people know them by their song "Nobody" that was on Need For Speed Underground 2.) They put on an amazing show, and they are really good to their fans. Last time they were here, they blew the P.A. system and had to end the show early, and I messaged their MySpace (yes, it was that long ago) drunk about how upset I was because of how much I love the band, and the singer actually took the time to reply personally to me and offered me and my brother VIP list entrance to their next show.

For those of you who *don't* know who they are, they are basically a British punk-metal band with a Jamaican Raggae singer. They put on a hell of a show, I'm pretty excited.

NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Well, I don't have much of a stage, but I have a cause, and that cause is "boycott ReCaptcha".

(I noticed recently that NexusMods abandoned it, and I bet this bullshit is why.)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Are you a robot? I will need you to prove that you are a human, by selecting all the cacodemons on this picture.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

NeuralStunner wrote:Well, I don't have much of a stage, but I have a cause, and that cause is "boycott ReCaptcha".
If I get to a site where this bullshit pops up I am out in a minute. Anyone thinking they need this kind of protection doesn't deserve any visitors.
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

I've considered investing in a new PC. Any recommendations?
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Ugh, I just had to go through that to play GTA-V / Online. It's REALLY annoying.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Graf Zahl wrote:If I get to a site where this bullshit pops up I am out in a minute. Anyone thinking they need this kind of protection doesn't deserve any visitors.
I don't really blame the site(s) for this abuse, since 90% of users on these major browsers and auto-update cycles will never see an issue. (They just have to deal with the captchas themselves being a broken mess.)

And by the way, the Pale Moon update was just released. (I was curious and did a manual check.) It "fixes" the problem, but not really: The developer literally has the browser claim to be the latest Firefox version just so sites which should know better will accept it. There's perfectly functional API to get the browser's family and capabilities, but they insist on sniffing the UserAgent string.*

Unfortunately, I'm pretty much trying to knock down a wall with my own face, here. :(

* It's actually worse than this. He had to muck around with how the version number gets reported as well, because get this: Sites will use the API for that, and get the idea it's a stupidly outdated FF version because PM uses its own numbering.

Return to “Off-Topic”