The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by NeuralStunner »

wildweasel wrote:Damn, there's a third one of these?
Surprised me, too. I only noticed when I saw the trilogy for sale. (Disc 3 came out in 2016, so it's somewhat new.)

I'm probably going to get Magnetic Fields next... wouldn't be surprised if i end up with another 5 discs by next week. :lol:
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

so it seems that our cat's state has deteriorated badly since a few weeks ago. he's been getting senile and a bit delirious, not really having an appetite for his food, and occasionally losing his balance trying to turn around in the bed. but the worst thing that's started developing comes from a wound he's gotten on his back. it's gotten infected, and occasionally has spewed pus. just a few nights ago, i woke up in bed from hearing him scream in pain. i've never heard him sound so desperate before.

it's surreal to think of that just a few months ago, the vet said he was fine and should get better once he starts taking his medicine for the arthritis he had developed. but now he's occasionally screaming in agony and having pus oozing out from his back.

it's a bit painful to think of, but it's been decided that he's going back to the vet for euthanasia at the beginning of January next year. i knew he was old, and didn't have much time left, but i didn't think it'd be that soon.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh... Oh my. I'm really sorry to hear that. After seeing your cat's symptom, he seems indeed very old and ill. The Medicine can't even cure him and... That's very unfortunate.

In the meantime, before the drastic euthanasia, i really, really hope you can give him some moments. Like pampering, playing together, or talk to your cat even. That might sounds crazy, but i think that's the best thing you can farewell your cat respectfully.

Once again, sorry to hear that. I hope he lived one good life.
Trance

Post by Trance »

Our solar system's first known interstellar visitor; a long thin asteroid-looking thing called 'Oumuamua
Ever since its discovery in mid-October as it passed by Earth already outbound from our solar system, the mysterious object dubbed ‘Oumuamua (Hawaiian for “first messenger”) has left scientists utterly perplexed. Zooming down almost perpendicularly inside Mercury’s orbit at tens of thousands of kilometers per hour—too fast for our star’s gravity to catch—‘Oumuamua appeared to have been dropped in on our solar system from some great interstellar height, picking up even more speed on a slingshot-like loop around the sun before soaring away for parts unknown.
All the major online newspapers are like "LOOK, GARY! ALIENS!" already. I'm on the "galactic driftwood" side of the fence, but I'm certainly open to being proved wrong.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:it's a bit painful to think of, but it's been decided that he's going back to the vet for euthanasia at the beginning of January next year. i knew he was old, and didn't have much time left, but i didn't think it'd be that soon.
How old, exactly?
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:it's a bit painful to think of, but it's been decided that he's going back to the vet for euthanasia at the beginning of January next year. i knew he was old, and didn't have much time left, but i didn't think it'd be that soon.
This may sound heartless, but do it, having a pet suffer for an extended period of time is not good for anyone. Speaking from personal experience, it's not exactly comforting nor mentally healthy having your pet die in your hands, especially if they were loved by you and your entire family and you having to hide the dead body from your younger sibling long enough to bury it. Just pamper her to hell and back before that trip.
Trance wrote:All the major online newspapers are like "LOOK, GARY! ALIENS!" already. I'm on the "galactic driftwood" side of the fence, but I'm certainly open to being proved wrong.
Why not both? Could be an alien stranded on a piece of galactic driftwood from a ship wreckage. :P
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Undead wrote:
How old, exactly?
we don't know for sure, but he's definitely in the age-range of 15-20, so he's very old.
insightguy wrote:
This may sound heartless, but do it, having a pet suffer for an extended period of time is not good for anyone. Speaking from personal experience, it's not exactly comforting nor mentally healthy having your pet die in your hands, especially if they were loved by you and your entire family and you having to hide the dead body from your younger sibling long enough to bury it. Just pamper her to hell and back before that trip.
(the cat's male) my youngest sibling just turned 19 this year, so there wouldn't be any need to hide the body. i know it's probably the best thing to do at this point, i guess i'm just not okay with the thought of ending his life for him. like if he could communicate, what would he think about all this.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

insightguy wrote:
Trance wrote:All the major online newspapers are like "LOOK, GARY! ALIENS!" already. I'm on the "galactic driftwood" side of the fence, but I'm certainly open to being proved wrong.
Why not both? Could be an alien stranded on a piece of galactic driftwood from a ship wreckage. :P
Most of the scifi community are under the assumption that it's Rama in real life, and soon we'll be in interstellar communications with super-advanced assholes with a god-complex.

TLDR: nuke it from a safe distance. To be sure.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Vostyok wrote:TLDR: nuke it from a safe distance. To be sure.
We have exactly zero ways of sending anything to catch up to it. It's an interstellar roadrunner. :P
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Gez wrote:
Vostyok wrote:TLDR: nuke it from a safe distance. To be sure.
We have exactly zero ways of sending anything to catch up to it. It's an interstellar roadrunner. :P

Yeah, fair one.
Edit: I'll just cancel that order for the ACME Comet-Crusher-3000 now....

Does Earth have an answer phone? Maybe we should tell E.T. that we are out and to leave a message.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Don't forget the radioactive shielding shades, too!
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Uhhh my debut novel comes out tomorrow! Weird!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077VNXRHN?re ... _160035660
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

So, I just decided to open my software/game engine and add some upgrades on it (was playing with making containers like file with encryption support)
Well, I think that part will be done later :(
https://imgur.com/XPzO7Rz
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Just watched The Last Jedi... one of the most disappointing movies of 2017 for me. :/
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

Just finished porting my mod's DECORATE and C (GDCC) code to ZScript. I'm very happy I did this. Took me about 5 months of work and 85 commits to port all of the code, but damn, it was worth it.
I just hope I can get a release of this mod out someday.

Return to “Off-Topic”