The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: The WIP Thread

Postby sirudoom » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:47 am

still working on this city. the blue lines are trains, the whit lines are above ground roads and the purple dots are skyscrapers.

i just got it from the guy. not bad
sirudoom

Postby Wereknight » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:25 pm

Because YES.
Wereknight
Initiating Blackout

Discord: Wereknight#0819
Twitch ID: 0Wereknight
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby CeeJay » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:32 am

A collaborative EDGE project being developed by Lobo and myself.

Still very early in development, and we are in dire need of additional mappers. You can find us on Discord or contact through PM.
CeeJay

Postby zrrion the insect » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:58 am

Oh man has it been a while. IDK what shook off mappers block but I'm hoping it stays shaken off.

I'm honestly most proud of these leaves, they are stupid easy to implement and make the area look really nice for how simple they are.
zrrion the insect
Like a fish in a child's hands.

Postby KynikossDragonn » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:42 am

zrrion the insect wrote:https://i.imgur.com/Qs4MMdy

That's a lot of purple goo!

Also it's good to hear you're still mapping. I liked your maps you made for Spooktober.
KynikossDragonn
『霧雨魔理沙のペットドラゴン』

Twitch ID: kynikossdragonn
Github ID: KynikossDragonn
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Cardboard Marty » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:26 pm

POWER is stored in the hands. Fun little mechanic I put together today! Also, we have a cool itch.io page now for TSP! Wow!

Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"

Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV

Postby GreenLegacy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:16 am

The current development is being worked on in order of Intro Animation -> Menu Screen as I mentioned in the previous devlog.

[Intro Animation ]

The intro animation is still in progress. It's a challenging procedure that takes a lot of time since only two people are animating. However, we are doing our best to finish it with great quality.

And we are currently working on the animation and other works at the same time because we can't keep dragging onto animation!

There are too many tasks to be done, so it won't be easy to work on the animation in the future. So for smooth development, we are planning to complete the animation in format of simple slideshow first. And then work on the animation after some level design is complete.

[Pause menu Refined]
Before After
The previous one was not really efficient for the game because it was based on the vanilla Doom's menu.

So we added the function to return to the main menu screen by responding differently on each screen, and the warning message of returning to the main menu during the game as well.

Although I kept posting devlogs all related to the graphics, there was a progress in another part. I will reveal more of the details in the devlog that will be uploaded later.

Thanks for reading! :D
GreenLegacy
Developer of Operation ECHO

Discord: GreenL3gacy#2497

Postby zrrion the insect » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:01 am

zrrion the insect
Like a fish in a child's hands.

Postby Lagi » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:27 am

GreenLegacy wrote:[Intro Animation ]

this is unreal! especially the blue character with this twist.
it looks like handdraw, but its a 3d model I suspect?
Lagi

Postby GreenLegacy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:25 am

Lagi wrote:this is unreal! especially the blue character with this twist.
it looks like handdraw, but its a 3d model I suspect?

We used 3d model for animation and traced it.
GreenLegacy
Developer of Operation ECHO

Discord: GreenL3gacy#2497

Postby InsanityBringer » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:37 pm

netcode

This is my first time ever doing netcode so it kinda sucks and there's a lot of bugs that need to be ironed out and I imagine if you try actually doing anything other than stare at each other it's going to crash but it's been kinda fun and I'm learning a lot like how as opposed to ipx you can't have a udp socket that sends and receives on the same port so now i have messy code to switch the client between "host" and "client" mode that may have issues with >2 players. all things that need testing...
InsanityBringer

Discord: InsanityBringer#9908

Postby dpJudas » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:02 am

InsanityBringer wrote:I'm learning a lot like how as opposed to ipx you can't have a udp socket that sends and receives on the same port so now i have messy code to switch the client between "host" and "client" mode that may have issues with >2 players. all things that need testing...

I'm not sure what you mean by that. An UDP socket receives packets on the port it is bound on, but can send to any other address and port. As long as you aren't trying to run two Descent on the same computer that should work just fine.
dpJudas

Postby InsanityBringer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:32 am

What I was doing originally had both computers binding the same port, but all traffic got lost in the process, neither computer could communicate with each other. When I set it up so that joining players were given a different port for the player starting the netgame to send to, it seemed to start working for two players at least. There's still a lot of problems in the setup though, and I'm slowly trying to improve it all.

The Doom source release with its unix sockets code seems to have each node creating two sockets, a write one and a read one that's always bound to the same address, and it presumably worked, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something. I was experimenting with a two-socket setup too.

EDIT: With one socket and both computers always using the same port, it actually works now... I can start a game on a laptop, and join it on my PC. I can then leave the game on the PC, rejoin it, and so on, run through levels in anarchy, and it all seems to work. I'm really confused why it wasn't before. There's some weird things going on with my network where the laptop I'm using can't broadcast to my desktop, but they can communicate directly. This has been weird, man, and I'm learning a lot of weird things.
InsanityBringer

Discord: InsanityBringer#9908

Postby dpJudas » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:35 pm

I don't know why it didn't work before for you, or why Doom might have opted for using multiple UDP ports. But just to help clarify how UDP sockets works: an UDP socket is listening on a single port. Anything the socket sends will have that port as its source port. Anything the computer receives on that port will be received regardless of what the sender IP and port was. If you don't bind a listen port explicitly, the system will pick a free port number the first time you send a message from the socket.

In other words, when you call recvfrom on an UDP socket you'll get the information (IP address and port) about where the message was sent from. You can have multiple other peers sending to your socket where you can use their IP+port for looking up which peer it came from. And you can send messages back to each of those without needing a port for each, by supplying the IP+port of the destination when you call sendto.
dpJudas

Postby Cardboard Marty » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:14 pm

This week on The Space Pirate, we don't stop punching until they drop.
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"

Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic