The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: The WIP Thread

Postby SanyaWaffles » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:54 am

So I got two bits of news I want to share. I don't have much to share aside some screenshots as both projects are very much still works in progress.

I got a team going, and we're working on both a prequel and a proper sequel to Daytime Drama.

The sequel is set a few years after DD1 and follows Sanya's girlfriend, an ass kicking epic gamer Ruby grunt named Navy LaNada, as she takes down a space colony that has ties to the cult behind the terrorism of the first game. What she finds is basically Bordeaux Pearl, a space tankie, and her army is ready to conquer the universe and she plans on starting with Planet Earth and Homeworld. It will be like Blood and Shadow Warrior in terms of gameplay. It will have the spicy humor and internet references of the first game. It's still not ready to show yet, we need to iron out some of the kinks so to speak. One of the things is it's got alot of voice acting in it. ETA on developmet is probably 2021 sometime.

However, a more recent development, is my friend Tom found an old prototype of an attempt to reboot Scoot Hard SDL - my Wolf4SDL mod - into a Rise of the Triad type game - and it was perfectly playable! I thought for sure this was lost to time. The levels were pretty bad IMO and the textures were really crappy. So I decided to redo the levels and give it a fresh coat of paint using Ancient Aliens, OTEX and some other textures I've been using for DD2. It's been working nicely. I've so far implemented the Rise of the Triad weapon system and it's armor system (better than how it was in DECORATE and ACS. Oh the beauty of ZScript!)

It's in the same general universe of the Daytime Drama series, and follows Scootaloo as she traverses the Cloudsdale Weather Corporation after failing a test. She manages to escape, but only armed with a hoof blaster and a shitty CB radio, you don't know if anyone is listening, but you must let the world know what's going on in this dreadful place. And who's running the place? It's going to shock you to the very end! Like DD1 and DD2, it has one-liners and voice acting too... some kept from the prototype.

Oh, and you get to turn into an invincible chicken.

Scoot Hard DX, Daytime Drama and Daytime Drama II form a series of sorts... but I have big plans to end the series in a big way before moving on to other things. Me and my friends have been working on a story based on this stuff.

SanyaWaffles
Wouldn't be an epic gamer if I didn't commit a few war crimes.

Discord: SanyaWaffles#5095
Twitch ID: sanyawaffles
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby DenisBelmondo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:05 am

:3:
DenisBelmondo
now is time to the i386 heart on fire

Postby Angel-Neko_X » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:53 am

Angel-Neko_X
Swan Fox doesn't like hurt other people, I do!

Discord: Audom_Moy#1094
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Captain J » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:45 am

DenisBelmondo wrote::3
Oh mama i seriously can't wait for this!! That machine gun sprite now looks less awkward and so good!!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Nailz the Ravager » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:55 am

i've tried to do smth original but violently shit my pants :!: :!: :!: :!: :puke: :puke:
Nailz the Ravager
The Deconstructor of Normality

Discord: metalhumanbeing#6722
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby CeeJay » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:34 am

Wolfenstein 3DGE is getting a facelift.

Please be gentle regarding the video quality, I haven't uploaded anything in ten years.
CeeJay

Postby Captain J » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:44 am

Looking good. Glad you're still working on this 3DGE project. However i can see the enemies now give you the score and would display the amount of the score given, but where's the score displayer on the fullscreen HUD? The original one has it and is easier to check out.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby CeeJay » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:31 am

It's there, if you watch the video at the beginning you will see me cycle through the huds. Status bar, overlay, overlay w/o score.
CeeJay

Postby Captain J » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:51 am

Oh, just noticed that you can remove the score overlay. I guess it's somewhat distracting or something? I mean it's a good concept and all.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby CeeJay » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:00 am

I wanted to have multiple options for the HUD so you can pick and chose whatever you prefer. And the score is one of the most non-essential parts, since it is purly cosmetic. Doesn't really do anything. Personally, I prefer to play with the status bar (which is directly based off the MAC one, btw) but a lot of other people don't.
CeeJay

Postby DenisBelmondo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:59 pm

i completely forgot that edge has horizontally sliding doors. new hud looks great too.
DenisBelmondo
now is time to the i386 heart on fire

Postby CeeJay » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:14 am

I've been aware of it for years but haven't been able to figure out how to implement it until recently (with a lot of help from others) and believed it to be more limited that what it is actually is. The end result ended up being near-identical to how the doors functions in vanilla Wolf3D, EDGE even mirrors the texture automatically for the opposite side. The latter was news even to the mapper who helped out.
CeeJay

Postby Angel-Neko_X » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:25 am

Angel-Neko_X
Swan Fox doesn't like hurt other people, I do!

Discord: Audom_Moy#1094
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Sir Squidly » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:36 pm

Working on a big mod for Harmony, which first includes editing the original stuff. I'm focusing on gameplay right now. I have a changelog of differences from the original, about 2,832 words long so far.

Current stuff:
- Neutron Pistol is much faster with a single projectile now, with an Alt for the classic Tri-Beam, which is actually 3 separate beams now.
- Shotgun and Minigun animations are far better, eject shells, have have bullet tracers made in Harmony's style (Edited Neutron Graphics)
- Menu to disable Shells and Tracers if desired
- Grenades can be held
- New sound effects for the Phage to distinguish it more
- Followers pump their shotgun
- Countless other tweaks

I'll develop it in parts at first (Player, Enemies, and Maps), combine it for a "Harmony Polished" version, then get into adding more crazy stuff, as I have Blender Models being made, and maps.
Sir Squidly
Hooked on PEACE

Postby Captain J » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:01 am

Ah yes, harmony. It's been a long time. It's a good game with unique and interesting clay designs... But your profile pic, though. Are you the creator of Harmony? :O
Captain J
That's Amoreee

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic