The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: The WIP Thread

Postby Nash » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:04 pm

Captain J wrote:As wonderful and realistic as it is, i do wonder if the lens flare still shines through sprites with empty gaps like the tree props. Or maybe i'm getting too much realistic, but this is very nice!

That's not possible with ZScript. To make it shine correctly through the transparent pixels of sprites, linedefs, etc, it would have to be done as an engine feature.
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby leileilol » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:48 pm

I still don't quite get those oldschool (well...pixel shader 1) sun ray techniques seen in Halo etc. either. I think it's a additional pass render-to-texture buffer cascaded outward with more scaled layers? A different animal than depth-tested/line tracing lens flares
leileilol
ダークエルフ!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Deybar_TECH » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:30 am

TDRR wrote:So, a while ago I made a toon shader that didn't require a modified Zandronum at all, and worked with just a .pk3 loaded separately. Since Zandro doesn't set gl_Normal nor gl_NormalMatrix, the normals had to be recalculated in the fragment shader, but the resulting normals were so perfect that the shading didn't have smooth edges, it was very "blocky". But, that's all that is possible with vanilla Zandronum 3.0...

a Shader that can give
shadows to 3D models?
Wow. please where can i get it.
Deybar_TECH
Siempre vuelo mas alla de los <∟imites>

Postby Enjay » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:29 am

Several years ago in this very thread leileilol posted an incredibly useful tutorial for baking lighting onto model skins in Blender. The tutorial helped me out loads of times and I am very grateful for it: I found it utterly essential to my workflow. I never really managed to get to grips with Blender's interface so every time I needed to bake lighting onto a model, I opened up this tutorial and just walked through the steps. Brilliant.

However, it has been quite some time since I had Blender installed. I just went to the Blender website and I note that the changes since the version that the tutorial was written for boast of an improved user interface. I haven't grabbed 2.90 yet but I was wondering how similar this process was likely to be in 2.90 or would it be simpler to get an older version of Blender (what was the version in the Tutorial anyway? 2.79?).
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby leileilol » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:57 pm

It was written in the 2.6x era (I jumped to 2.6 around this time after 2.5 broke things) and relies heavily on the (RIP) assigned image-to-UV ability.

2.7/2.8 shuffled the interface and regressed some stuff due to public demand, and I really really feel Blender jumped the shark this time so i'm probably not up to revise to that tutorial for the 2.8+ since it killed my way of cloning uvmaps to another (would require a whole tutorial to do it through convoluted duplicates and render bakes to do something doable in minutes on 2.6x and earlier). It's not as trivial as the usual condescending "just learn the superior upgraded UI" armchair advice.
leileilol
ダークエルフ!!!!!!!!!!

Postby MartinHowe » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Status update for the Black Cats of Doom. Work has resumed, and Microsoft's transitive acquisition of Doom has given me a really strange idea :)
MartinHowe
In space, no-one can hear you KILL an ALIEN

Postby CeeJay » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 am

Nuke 'em!
CeeJay

Postby Enjay » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:49 am

leileilol wrote:It was written in the 2.6x era (I jumped to 2.6 around this time after 2.5 broke things) and relies heavily on the (RIP) assigned image-to-UV ability.

2.7/2.8 shuffled the interface and regressed some stuff due to public demand, and I really really feel Blender jumped the shark this time so i'm probably not up to revise to that tutorial for the 2.8+ since it killed my way of cloning uvmaps to another (would require a whole tutorial to do it through convoluted duplicates and render bakes to do something doable in minutes on 2.6x and earlier). It's not as trivial as the usual condescending "just learn the superior upgraded UI" armchair advice.

OK, understood. Thanks for the reply. Seeing as how it's the main thing that I used Blender for, I don't really need any newer features that may (or may not) exist, so I could probably just install 2.6 and continue to use that.

Unless you have a recommendation for an alternative?
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Namelessdeity » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:06 pm

Working on some weapon sprites for my zombie mod.
Namelessdeity

Discord: necrovore#5915
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Nailz the Ravager » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:57 am

Nailz the Ravager
The Deconstructor of Normality

Discord: metalhumanbeing#6722
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby Angel-Neko_X » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:35 am

Angel-Neko_X
Swan Fox doesn't like hurt other people, I do!

Discord: Audom_Moy#1094

Postby Captain J » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:12 am

Nailz the Ravager wrote:boom boom bang bang like it was 93
Very fancy and smooth particle effects! And the sound effects are powerful as well. But one question, are those smoke effects are also from the vanilla game as well? Hard to tell.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Nailz the Ravager » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:11 am

Captain J wrote:
Nailz the Ravager wrote:boom boom bang bang like it was 93
Very fancy and smooth particle effects! And the sound effects are powerful as well. But one question, are those smoke effects are also from the vanilla game as well? Hard to tell.

Hi, Captain. Yes, these smoke effects are from vanilla Doom too. Original smoke graphics are awful, to be honest.
Nailz the Ravager
The Deconstructor of Normality

Discord: metalhumanbeing#6722
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby Angel-Neko_X » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:48 am

I know it's not a right place for show 3D stuffs but I want to do it anyway.

Spoiler:

You can also see it in ArtStation : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ZGR5ER
Angel-Neko_X
Swan Fox doesn't like hurt other people, I do!

Discord: Audom_Moy#1094

Postby NeuralStunner » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:49 am

Angel-Neko_X wrote:I know it's not a right place for show 3D stuffs but I want to do it anyway.
Why not? If you made it, you can post it here. :)
NeuralStunner
I'll Get By

Discord: NeuralStunner#1293

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic