The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: The WIP Thread

Postby Captain Ventris » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:54 pm

NeuralStunner wrote:
Captain Ventris wrote:Xenomia is going really well! The build we'll have at the con is gonna be very nice and solid. It's coming along really well and my brother's engine edits are already pretty sweet and improve the game a great deal. I'm excited! The symbols for the other Factions in the game are going to premiere to the public on our com banner as well!
Sweet! Are you going to be launching this on Steam as well? I don't think it should be too hard to rustle up support around here. :)

That's certainly the idea. Any and all sharing/word spreading is immensely welcome.

As well as showing up to the weekly play tests, of course.
Captain Ventris
Buy my novel, “The Shadow Among The Stars” on Amazon!

Postby Zanieon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:21 pm

This one is kinda a big gif cuz it has the two melee attacks, a kick (because i think he nedded one at least) and the jumping cycle, now the last one i think is that clap he does to make a explosion.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Discord: Zanieon#3177
Twitch ID: Zanieon
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:44 pm

I like the jump, but the slam down needs some improvement. Why not just use the one that you posted earlier?
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby Zanieon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:52 pm

That is the landing anim... i don't know how i would explain this, but most times i make these animations i always tend to make them focused to be controlled by the frame tics ingame rather than true FPS, so many times these animations will look out of place in Blender when i render them to show here but in GZDoom they looks good because of that, i make the final delay adjustments there by using the frame tics, as a proof of that, those gifs i am posting here i am literally scaling down the anim rate in Blender to it have more frames to render between each keyframe so it looks a 30FPS anim at least.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Postby Tapwave » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:31 am

Tapwave
On the GREEN!

Discord: Sunray#7070
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby ImpieTwo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:16 am

Skelegant wrote:

Hot damn, so YOU'RE the guy who asked me for my Splatterhouse 3D assets years ago? I used the same pipe weapon, although yours looks a bit more polished than mine was (okay, WAY more polished). I love how you got the gooey ghouls to splatter against the wall like that, and how you got the beheadings to work. It's splattastic. You got a ton of assets I never got my hands on as well, like all those juicy corpses, which I'd be glad to trade some of my new assets for.

We should start a separate thread for Splatterhouse mods, in light of yours and the Doom engine remake I'm making (with the help of Ketchup and Beautiful Doom), which I shoulda posted here in the first place I guess.

Last edited by ImpieTwo on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImpieTwo

Postby Captain J » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:44 am

Thank cthulhu for more splatterhouse doom mod video. And i'm BLOODILY digging that biggie man!... Except he seems doesn't have original arcade voices, but still!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

MAD MAX

Postby GENTEK » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:31 am

MAD MAX Wasteland News! :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
All next news will be shared on the first page!
GENTEK

Postby Zanieon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:57 am

Welp, tomorrow i'll see if i start simplify his texture to make the sprite version.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Re: MAD MAX

Postby Captain J » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:16 am

It's much faster and threatening than thought!
GENTEK wrote:MAD MAX Wasteland News! :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
All next news will be shared on the first page!
Hope you can keep working on this project, not others! I'm really want to see it finished!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Skelegant » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:38 am

ImpieTwo wrote:
Spoiler:

I don't recall asking anyone for splatterhouse resources, but I do remember your splat3d game :D that was one of the inspirations behind my mod. I'll send you what I've got so far to have a mess around with.
Skelegant

MAD MAX

Postby GENTEK » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:44 am

Captain J wrote:Hope you can keep working on this project, not others! I'm really want to see it finished!
Thanks for your support Captain! :D Roads, Grounds & Weather are the priority for now!
GENTEK

Postby Nash » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:50 am

Experimental build of GZDoom with screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO) shader by dpJudas, many thanks to him for implementing this feature and providing the test build to play around with!

Oh and have a bonus GIF... dynamic light quality comparison, also in experimental build. Animation speed is slow (2 seconds), keep watching to see the differences:

Last edited by Nash on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby NeuralStunner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:19 am

Nash wrote:Oh and have a bonus GIF... dynamic light quality comparison, also in experimental build.
Woah.

Going to be kicking this upstream when it's tested out? (I'm guessing that by "physically correct" you mean it's line-clipped, which is one thing always keeping me from using lights.)

And since it's worth mentioning: The other reason is that everyone and their grandmother uses pure-colored lights. Would love to have a light saturation slider that I can turn down until it doesn't look ridiculous.
NeuralStunner
I'll Get By

Discord: NeuralStunner#1293
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Nash » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:31 am

NeuralStunner wrote:
Nash wrote:Oh and have a bonus GIF... dynamic light quality comparison, also in experimental build.
Woah.

Going to be kicking this upstream when it's tested out? (I'm guessing that by "physically correct" you mean it's line-clipped, which is one thing always keeping me from using lights.)

And since it's worth mentioning: The other reason is that everyone and their grandmother uses pure-colored lights. Would love to have a light saturation slider that I can turn down until it doesn't look ridiculous.

Read dpJudas' explanation here: http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7091

I'm just repeating what he said. =P The lights still "bleed through" surfaces... I don't think anything can be done about that, short of a fully shadow-mapped renderer. The bleeding happens even in modern games too, when the area behind a surface is missing shadows for some (glitch) reason (I'm pretty sure I see it everywhere in Fallout 4)
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic