The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

NO
Risen

Post by Risen »

Could you provide some better examples, then?
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

that is a great example, use eyes
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Just from looking at the picture, it seems to me that it finds all polys that meet at a sharp angle and adds more polys to give it a smoother curve.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

no polys were added
Risen

Post by Risen »

I'll clarify: Please provide some useful information.
Nash

Post by Nash »

What a fuck head, next time don't bother to crit if you're not going to be helpful.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Seeing that (to my knowledge) GZDoom doesn't support any sort of subsurfacing, smoothing, interpolation, etc. on a mesh and the only method available to create geometry with is polys, this is probably a feature of a modeling program that you can't utilize in your final model anyway.

And again, I think what you have looks just fine.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Nash wrote:What a fuck head, next time don't bother to crit if you're not going to be helpful.
wow way to dismiss advice with an insult! I'm sure youll be helped graciously in the future i bet you will

the splitting of edges is supported in anything that can render a poly so no ass talk plz
Nash

Post by Nash »

I'll take back my insult and edit my post if you can paint over my wires to show exactly what you mean.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Is cheapy just being [censored word]? That wasn't helpful advice at all!
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

instead of using problem solving skills and googling skills how about I not clue you in on what's wrong next time! LOL YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN NOW BUD
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

http://feeblemind.tuxfamily.org/dotclea ... g-problems
[omg werdz]

The Edge Split modifier that appeared in Blender v2.43 is a very good tool for the modeler, because it offers you a very good control on the edges sharpness. It works the very same way as the Seams (for the UV unwraping), in Edit mode : first, you need to select edges, and you can Mark Sharp them with the [Ctrl]+[E] Edge Specials menu (you can also Clear Sharp edges the same way). Then, in Object mode, you can Add Modifier in the Modifiers tab of the Edit buttons and select EdgeSplit.

[omg peektscharz]

Basically, the smoothing will be calculated so that all faces are smooth, but the shading won't be interpolated on the area close to an edge marked as sharp. This is the purpose of the From Marked As Sharp option. Moreover, there's also a From Edge Angle option available ; its purpose is the same as the Auto Smooth option, as it uses a user-defined Split Angle to decide the smoothing of the faces : if the angle between the two faces at a specific edge exceeds the given angle, then the edge will be considered as sharp, and the faces will be shaded accordingly.

[omg moar werdz]
Risen

Post by Risen »

Nothing that changes lighting or shading is supported in GZDoom, therefore this is completely irrelevant in this context.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Exactly.

The only thing that *MIGHT* affect my workflow if I don't do any sharp edge splits is getting BodyPaint 3D to generate the shadows to bake, but even then it's not that much of a big deal; tweaking some of the render settings got rid of the ugly normals.

I'm not going to worry about it for now. What a waste of time!

Return to “Off-Topic”