The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Rayman The Hedgehog

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Rayman The Hedgehog »

I don't know where to put this but i'm on my way to rip most of the graphics of Fears (Amiga 1200) using GGD to get raw image and recoloring using Pixly.

Wish me luck, cuz i will need it :|

There's some progress:
Attachments
Map Editor vs Original.png
Map Editor vs Original.png (3.72 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

InsanityBringer wrote: So on a whim, I decided to start working on eced again.
Excellent stuff! The lack of editor tools that properly handle ECWolf's new features has been a real bugbear of mine for quite a while now.
InsanityBringer wrote:How do I visualize floor codes? The current version just shows two hex digits, but it's pretty noisy and not super informative at a glance.
My first thought is colour tinting.
I'm not sure how you'd decide what colours to associate with what floor codes, but it would at least be a lot cleaner than the current setup.
Rayman The Hedgehog wrote:I don't know where to put this but i'm on my way to rip most of the graphics of Fears (Amiga 1200) using GGD to get raw image and recoloring using Pixly.

Wish me luck, cuz i will need it :|

There's some progress:
[/quote]Not bad! Keep us posted!
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

I'm playing around with coloring some, since doing so would be easy (the renderer is already set to display solid color tiles, needed since walls and flats can be solid colors), I got a new UI that can display colors in it, and I'm thinking of a way to pick colors. A dumb idea I'm thinking of doing is generating all colors where the RGB channels are in the range 64-192 in increments of 8 (which should give 4096 color variants) and doing a full shuffle on that list. Hopefully this should give a good enough spread of colors and create variety when laying down numerous color codes.

Also need to give regards for AMD and their shitty drivers, as I tried running this mess on my Linux machine, only to find that some of my shaders were not compiling because AMD wasn't following the specification correctly in the proprietary drivers and allowing features that weren't present in GLSL 3.3 (the target spec) to compile.............................. The FOSS drivers are more strict and would reject them, and I suspect nvidia would do the game. And yet, despite all this, I still don't feel any desire to give nvidia any business...

It's still not quite working on mono, and I'm not sure why, but hopefully it isn't too painful to fix. All my Descent 2 utilities worked fine there

edit: these issues I'm getting are rather confusing, most of my data textures seem to just be vanishing in a black hole for some reason and I'm not sure why. My shaders don't get any of the information present, but there are no OpenGL errors being thrown when trying to access this data. I'm stumped.
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

Been playing around with the imp sprites for fun. Not sure if I'll use these for anything but I like the way they turned out so far.

Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Scripten wrote:Been playing around with the imp sprites for fun. Not sure if I'll use these for anything but I like the way they turned out so far.
I like it!
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Hmm, I tried my original idea for picking colors but it's not distinct enough. I might need to consider a better algorithm for picking unique colors. A dumb idea might be to increment the number 0-4095 that's used to create the colors by simply adding a large constant for each iteration, creating a minimum "distance" between two colors. This will take experimentation

ed: wait, this won't work if the user is colorblind. I'm going to offer the old hex code display as an alternate option for those who are indeed colorblind, I think.
Last edited by InsanityBringer on Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I've been experimenting with adapting my scary stories into interactive things in Doom.

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very ominous and dynamic sequences and all, but i do hope there will be semi-realistic or noir-esq portrait drawings. Just one facial expression for certain dialogues is not much of harmonizing.

In my perspective, of course! I know i'm asking too much.
Rayman The Hedgehog

Post by Rayman The Hedgehog »

Done with some of the Fears enemies, i'll go to the textures for saving time
Spoiler: Fun Fact
Progress:
Attachments
I don't know if Fears maps are estructured as episodes, but let's say these are the first ones of the Ep2
I don't know if Fears maps are estructured as episodes, but let's say these are the first ones of the Ep2
tex2.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 849 times
The Philosopher
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by The Philosopher »

Recently i replayed The Thing and inspired me to make a mod around some of the concepts of the game like the Scuttlers and Teammates infection system.

NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

InsanityBringer wrote:wait, this won't work if the user is colorblind. I'm going to offer the old hex code display as an alternate option for those who are indeed colorblind, I think.
You could do like RPGMaker and do both at once: A cycle of colors with numbers overlayed.

(This sample uses 75% translucency over the tile, might want to make it configurable. I'd offer hex and decimal options, and scale the number of digits by how many are needed. (More than 65536/1000 sound zones or sectors are unlikely, but...)

EDIT: It also overlays the whole map in gray underneath, which helps reduce visual noise (and makes it more obvious that you're in region mode).
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

My hdd went bad 3 years back, and I lost a lot of progress along with my motivation to mod, but a few weeks back I figured I could have made up the lost work and some. I've been at it and I'm more than caught up. Hopefully will have more to show soon :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
The bottom images are the most recent edits I've made to Coldicite's hp bars
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

:o neat
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »