The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

I just got done making a Chuck Schuldiner DECORATE monster. The sprites are epic stupid witj just Chuck's photo pasted onto a shitty MSpaint body, but hey, it works. :D
Nash

Post by Nash »

Spoiler'ed because they are huge. Just a random subway map I'm making.
Spoiler:
Risen

Post by Risen »

Nash wrote:Just a random subway map I'm making.
I read that and instantly thought of a random subway map that I made once. Then I realized that's not what you meant at all and opened the spoiler. Nice work!
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hehe. Nice subway diagram. Pulling off such a system in the Doom engine will probably be a challenge!
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

Nash: That's some f***in' nice work there.... Amazing. Easily three of the best shots I've ever seen from what is basically a modification on a DooM-engine.... Can't wait to see where you get with this one dude....
Alterworldruler

Post by Alterworldruler »

Uhhhh.... new version of xenus 2?

Screenie from second map (I'm not great at outdoor areas)
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Trying to smooth all the little kinks out of this:
Apparently Player Skulls and DOOMBOUNCE only barely tolerate each other, hence the view resetting upon each bounce.

Ideas/thoughts?
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Probably the same happens for all doombounce things, but we just haven't seen it from their perspective. Nice going anyway!

Also nash, that subway looks amazing, keep it up!
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Cutmanmike wrote:Probably the same happens for all doombounce things, but we just haven't seen it from their perspective.
I've checked this with IDDT, it seems to be a conflict of interest between the DOOMBOUNCE resetting the direction upon each bounce or collusion, and the player skull forcing it's direction towards the player's killer.
Wills

Post by Wills »

It's two minutes to ROLAPKDIZDAL (Good luck pronouncing that one - Release of Long-Awaited Project "Knee-Deep In ZDoom" At Last). After so many months of work and preparation, KDIZD is finally done and ready for release. Security forces (a couple of fat sweaty nerds in Norway) monitor the /idgames archive and your computer. Nothing seems unusual, thank goodness. There had been some threats made against the KDIZD Team before the release of KDIZD, and an anonymous post on the ZDoom forums said that a 1337 group of hax0rs would sabotage the upload. Meanwhile, the person responsible for uploading KDIZD is mostly relaxed but somewhat jittery, as expected.

You are that uploader. An enormous responsibility rests on your shoulders, and it's your duty to make sure you don't screw this up. While wondering whether this whole thing might be just a tiny bit over-hyped, you double check the pk3 file, making sure all the data lumps are there and compiled. Everything is good.

Finally, the time has come. You click on "UPLOAD" and the upload progress bar appears. First 0.0087%, then minutes later, 0.129%. You remind yourself to sign up for broadband or at least DSL. Everything is going as expected.

Suddenly, a siren goes off (that stupid Windows "bing" sound). The FTP uploader displays a cryptic error message: "Warning - kdizd.pk3 upload destination changed from archives.gamers.org to 1337haxors.com." You have no idea what that means but know you have to stop the upload as quickly as possible. Too bad there's no way to do so, as the "Stop Upload" function was deliberately taken out by the KDIZD team. They were probably high at the time or something. And speaking of DSL, you've just realized that's LSD backwards! Short attention spans FTW!

Once you've taken your medicine you search desperately for the source of the attack - and find it's coming from inside KDIZD itself! Now you understand why there was a lump in the pk3 called "HAXOR_SABOTAGE.EXE". You have to act fast and not necessarily rationally, so you jump inside the computer screen and into KDIZD.

Once inside the wad, you see that KDIZD's problems run far deeper than the sabotage. The entire pk3 has been filled with [censored word] levels that replace the authentic levels! If KDIZD is uploaded like this, it'll be downloaded by thousands of Doom fans who won't know that the [censored word] levels are replacing the real levels, and its reputation will be tarnished forever. Not that anyone will notice, as the program is set to wipe the entire /idgames archives and any users connected to it off the face of the earth when the upload is complete. And security can't replace the WAD that's uploading with a backup, since that'll replace everything in the WAD and erase anything that doesn't belong - including you, you dumbass.

You've got no choice but to destroy the [censored word] levels one by one before the upload to /idgames is completed and thousands of Doom fans around the world are disappointed and then turned into dust. Not to put any pressure on you, but the world is depending on your ability to save the day. You're the only one that can stop this threat now, and without you...

THE ARCHIVES ARE DOOMED
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Hoorah, more jokewad goodness from wills!
Wills

Post by Wills »

It won't be done for at least a year, so don't get too excited. :P
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

haha... I hope you're not serious :P

I should make some more [censored word] monsters for you

Edit: Actually I think I have a few somewhere, like the gardener cacodemon which plants trees everywhere and fires rockets at you when you're trapped.
Last edited by Cutmanmike on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Can't wait to play that Wills!
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Yay, we get to play as Vader.

Return to “Off-Topic”