The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Cherno

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Cherno »

cambertian wrote:Just added a Far Cry-style health system to Heretic, in preparation for a Zelda-ish HUD (the kind where you have HP symbols instead of a number.) I'll edit this post when I have said HUD working.
EDIT: It's getting there!

Don't know how to make armor work the same way just yet, though. Might have to replace them with CustomInventory items and alter DamageMobj to take it into account?
May I ask, did you use ACS or SBARINFO? I replicated the complete HUD from A Link to the Past via ACS but couldn't draw the selected inventroy item with it.
cambertian
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cambertian »

Cherno wrote:May I ask, did you use ACS or SBARINFO? I replicated the complete HUD from A Link to the Past via ACS but couldn't draw the selected inventroy item with it.
Neither - ZScript. (Unless I've teleported to the past?)

Anyway, I still can't think of a good way to approach armor. Having it override health until you take enough hits seems OP, but it might be the best way given that I don't want any bars...
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Thenks. Then I might have to port my HUD over to ZScript.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Way past cool!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ooh, including Boomstick and Uzi 9 Millimetah.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

To ease my mind and distract me when i don't want to fix my other projects, i started works on a new experimental mod. It basically uses stuff i always wanted to try out for other mods, some stuff i created in my head and resources i wanted to use, but couldn't before.

So far i have 5 weapons ready (of 7, there'll be some missing), a weapon durability system, medikits that are inventory items and health and armor bars, as you guys can see.
VladTopol1706

Post by VladTopol1706 »

GAA1992 wrote:To ease my mind and distract me when i don't want to fix my other projects, i started works on a new experimental mod. It basically uses stuff i always wanted to try out for other mods, some stuff i created in my head and resources i wanted to use, but couldn't before.

So far i have 5 weapons ready (of 7, there'll be some missing), a weapon durability system, medikits that are inventory items and health and armor bars, as you guys can see.
Will you go for a tactical style mod?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

No, not really. I just want to do a run 'n' gun game with some differentials on it.

More footage of it:

I've made a easy system for weapon durabilities. The colors below each number start as a strong blue and go through colors. The closer to red it is, the closer to break the gun, the easier to jam, and less damage and accuracy. The "how" it gets worse and worse is a random chance on each shot.

The little skull on the slot 3 means that the shotgun is broken.

The plasma rifle is on slot 6, but i am very inclined to move it to slot 5, keep consistencies on the status bar, move grenades to another slot. There's no SSG, BFG, Chainsaw and Rocket Launcher on this game. All those things are going to be replaced by something else.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

shotgun
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

GAA1992 wrote:No, not really. I just want to do a run 'n' gun game with some differentials on it.

More footage of it:

I've made a easy system for weapon durabilities. The colors below each number start as a strong blue and go through colors. The closer to red it is, the closer to break the gun, the easier to jam, and less damage and accuracy. The "how" it gets worse and worse is a random chance on each shot.

The little skull on the slot 3 means that the shotgun is broken.

The plasma rifle is on slot 6, but i am very inclined to move it to slot 5, keep consistencies on the status bar, move grenades to another slot. There's no SSG, BFG, Chainsaw and Rocket Launcher on this game. All those things are going to be replaced by something else.
pretty realistically nice.
Is this going to be the spiritual successor to Lowtech?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

leileilol wrote:shotgun
NO LASER SIGHT bad conversion -65536/10

(Good job though, liking the hand-painted look vs super-dated attempts at photorealism.)
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

GAA1992 wrote:No, not really. I just want to do a run 'n' gun game with some differentials on it.
Metal Slug or Contra inspired?
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

BigProjectAlone wrote:A new project of mine, Demo will be released on 2017/10/30 at 23:59:59 O'Clock :)
It's a Survival Horror Standalone game, Every sprites & textures are made by myself.
Some sounds too, but many sounds are taken from Freesound.org.
Music by Kevin Mcloed.
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
There is absolutely, positively nothing you could possibly ever do or say to make me willingly walk through that tunnel. Not a single damned thing. At all. Ever.

(that means it's sufficiently creepy; keep up the good work)
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

leileilol wrote:shotgun
Bleedin' eck! Would you look at the size of those puppies!

Some serious double barrelled buckshot justice in that pic.

And the girl is cute too.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

YukesVonFaust wrote:Is this going to be the spiritual successor to Lowtech?
I think of it as a different game. Sure Lowtech was intended to have inventory items, but this one is using leftovers of ideas from other games.
skyrish10 wrote:Metal Slug or Contra inspired?
Actually, none... It's still Doom enough.

But guns deal more damage and your arsenal is small. Maybe it's a start.

Return to “Off-Topic”