The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Captain J »

Kinsie wrote:Image

YHWH bless for iterators.
Literally Golden.
Galaxy_Stranger

Post by Galaxy_Stranger »

Caligari87 wrote:I can't wait until we get real spot lights, but until then this is pretty damn nice-looking. Three overlays for the tight beam, wide beam, and diffuse light, two large-radius dynamic lights at the player's location to cast shadows and illumination.

8-)
That is just freaking CREEPY! Changes the entire game!
Blox

Post by Blox »

I'm not sure who taught you kids how to handle flashlights, but that doesn't look to me like shining down onto the ground at a diagonal angle from just behind your hip.

Horror movies featuring intentionally [censored word] operators aren't exactly the best inspiration unless you want to go down the road of playing a dysfunctional retard whose only purpose is to die horribly.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

If Duke is based off dirty harry, then shouldn't he use a 44 magnum?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

The Bruiser Sisters...?
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

some doom mod that i might possibly finish

(mike12's HUD is probably placeholder)
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Blox wrote:I'm not sure who taught you kids how to handle flashlights, but that doesn't look to me like shining down onto the ground at a diagonal angle from just behind your hip.

Horror movies featuring intentionally [censored word] operators aren't exactly the best inspiration unless you want to go down the road of playing a dysfunctional retard whose only purpose is to die horribly.
Ummm... what?

8-)
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

developing multiplayer pong for the drla pda. Is there an option in GZD to make both windows update when you're doing local testing like this? They start out both updating, but the moment the focus switches only the one that's currently in focus updates. This makes watching the game on both windows impossible.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Blox wrote:I'm not sure who taught you kids how to handle flashlights, but that doesn't look to me like shining down onto the ground at a diagonal angle from just behind your hip.

The average person is also not a camera on a boom that holds a gun. You might as well disassemble the entire FPS genre while you're at it. Or better yet, don't make ridiculous arguments while throwing the word "retard" around.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

I'm just trying to understand what he was trying to say in the first place :? (Because I am indeed somewhat deconstructing FPS mechanics internally when I design stuff like this). Is it a complaint about where the flashlight is pointing or something? I'm certainly open to constructive (intelligible) criticism that doesn't include the word "retard."

8-)
Blox

Post by Blox »

If retards are so important to you then perhaps I shouldn't make a point about using flashlights to light up a larger area through light reflection as opposed to decreasing your night vision through too strong a light that also happens to be in a far smaller area than the diffused light would be.

User was warned for this post. -Lud
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Can you express your thoughts directly without being needlessly offensive?

8-)
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Caligari87 wrote:Can you express your thoughts directly without being needlessly offensive?

8-)
You'll have to forgive him. This is the only way he can communicate that doesn't involve Photoshopping a creepy baby-oil glaze onto random objects.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

See, here's the thing: I'm okay with constructive input like "it's better to point the flashlight at the ground for light-bouncing." Hell, now that it's been brought up, I'm halfway inclined to do just that and add an "aimed" toggle for the flashlight or something so the player can use both.

What I have a problem with is indirect attacks on my intelligence for designing the flashlight a certain way (a way common to virtually all FPS games mind you, and based around the limitations of the engine no less), and then having it done again when I ask for clarification because the original statement was needlessly obtuse in addition to being needlessly offensive.

That can fuck right off.

8-)
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Return to “Off-Topic”