The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Snarboo

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Snarboo »

I'm actually not a huge fan of the hand jitter. It's a bit too fast and consistent for someone with shaky hands. That said, I like the survival horror aspect this mod has going for it!
Last edited by Snarboo on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Captain J wrote:those hand bobbing, though. what a great detailed effort! just like realism...or being high up.
Or beeing afraid as hell.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Doom palette postprocess shader doesn't look so good
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

well, least she actually explains why it's unlikely with this one shrugging action. anyway not to me, though. good luck with that.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Snarboo wrote:What level is that being played in the video? Looks kinda familiar!
It's e1m1 of Chris Dragon's Edited IWad maps.

Snarboo wrote:I'm actually not a huge fan of the hand jitter. It's a bit too fast and consistent for someone with shaky hands. That said, I like the survival horror aspect this mod has going for it!
The Opinion I got from most people who've seen the video said it was too fast, I slowed it down by a tic and it looks better.
Spoiler:
Also yeah, I Like the survival horror aspect too, which is why I'm porting the mod over to Zdoom. Chronoteeth did a good job (even if the mod in it's original form is a bit... weird, in in some of it's mechanics)

TheBadHustlex wrote:
Captain J wrote:those hand bobbing, though. what a great detailed effort! just like realism...or being high up.
Or beeing afraid as hell.
Yeah, TBH has it here: You're a scared little man who's now a damned spirit of hell; after being juke'd by a drunk hobo, you're now tasked with trying to fight your way out of hell for the sake of returning to the living well (I think, I need to re-read the l ore CT has provided.)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I see, then it would be nice if you can have a little touch for his face more worryingly nervous. His face is pretty not scared at all to me but seems to be curious.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

if you're just a scared, ordinary men having to fight god knows what, though, you're being awfully accurate for jittering all the time. however, i do like what i can see there, don't take me wrong.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Captain J wrote:I see, then it would be nice if you can have a little touch for his face more worryingly nervous. His face is pretty not scared at all to me but seems to be curious.
I lack the artistic talent to make a 'nervous' mug shot in the same style as the one I got so far, so I can't do anything about it.

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:if you're just a scared, ordinary men having to fight god knows what, though, you're being awfully accurate for jittering all the time. however, i do like what i can see there, don't take me wrong.
I'd take it in account, but it doesn't affect accuracy in the original mod, and I rather not steer away from the way the guns work too much. Thank you all the same, though.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i guess you could adjust the bobbing so that it happens more during certain circumstances, rather than having it happen all the time? such as if you've just fired your guns or met some enemies, or have you jitter more if your health is lower.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Maybe, I'll think it over.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

iSpook wrote:

So, I figured I had enough for a small 'demo', so... why not?
just for clarification, spook asked if he could convert a mod i made for edge that was released last year to zdoom, so i gave the ok

the original mod is here
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

http://imgur.com/LsgzUbR,Rct46SS,dQoFCSz

I've started to texture my level now that it's "completable". I'm definitely going to put some custom textures here and there (especially the sliding doors) but I'm attempting the vanilla doom 2 look. Certain areas are also going to start getting more detail.
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

You know that kind of hand shaking would make a good addition to low health in some mods!
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

leileilol wrote:Doom palette postprocess shader doesn't look so good
Just add dithering.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Might wanna also try Strife and Hexen in that case. :v