The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
ImpieTwo

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by ImpieTwo »

Captain J wrote:You... You somehow made the Van work! That's super impressive! And now, i honestly can't wait for the release of this mod. Heh.
It's an experiment right now, but I'll probably work on it off and on over time.
HorrorMovieGuy wrote:I love how it's turning out! I like the idea of the van dropping bad guys from the back in the middle of the fight too.
Regarding the ED-209, reminder that LilWhiteMouse made a pretty fancy ED-209 with segmented parts and stuff.
I wanted to make my own ED for this, and kinda wanted to see if i could turn a movie screencap into a working sprite. Would be cool if someone were talented enough to convert it so it matches the doom/wolf3d style.

The story will pretty much be a 90s video game adaptation of the original film, like the arcade or nes games. I never cared for anything robocop outside of the original film, so I'm sticking to Murphy's quest for revenge and humanity. By shooting lots of guys.

Robo's pistol would be the go-to weapon, given its accuracy and damage output, but I'm trying to think up decent weapons with more limited ammo to spice things up. I have an auto shotgun and cobra assault cannon so far.

I also changed the "secret found" sound effect to "I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!"
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Sounds like a fun project. Drop me a line if you need any sprites that can be rendered from models (including HUD weapons), or open a development thread :)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Cherno wrote:Sounds like a fun project. Drop me a line if you need any sprites that can be rendered from models (including HUD weapons), or open a development thread :)
I'll probably open a thread when I have enough for a small demo.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

My project which mixes guns and magic, The Arcane Wanderer, was finally released!

Hope this gets some attention and feedback, thanks for everybody who helped me.

Click image to go to the thread!

Get Phobo

Post by Get Phobo »

I have two project works in progress:

1. A large maze map consisting of 64 similar-looking small rooms, interconnected by a number of tiny connector rooms and teleports. The basic concept is a medium-paced key-hunt featuring several traps, surprises, and disappointments, too, all in an all-the-same looking, repetitive environment to generate a lot of confusion and a feeling of being lost (in other words: the essence of a maze).
Par time would be no less than 20 minutes, perhaps half an hour. Playtesting the yet unbalanced WIP already showed this to be a speedrunner's nightmare, even with -nomonsters. Finding secrets might shorten the time needed but will generally not spare you the key-hunting.

2. A 'demon offspring' mod which idea is based on one specific feature of the ModOhFun! -- human-sized revenants replacing imps.
The mod will replace some of Doom II's bestiary by smaller, weaker, but not slower or less aggressive, versions of their larger counterparts. The zombies and imps will be all gone, replaced by hell knights, barons, mancubi, and revenants, and my current plan sees a replacement of the arachnotron and arch-vile by smaller versions of the spiderdemon and cyberdemon, respectively.
I have also thought about changing the cacodemons to fire small versions of themselves which in turn will attack you from several directions in a fashion similar to that of lost souls.
So far, only the pain elementals, lost souls, Wolfenstein SS guys, Commander Keens, and the Icon of Sin (Romero's head) remain unchanged. In the case of pain elementals and lost souls, I see them as mothers and children already, so no need to replace them.
The mod will also make it necessary to change the way the weapons work because I think that a dead hell knight or baron should drop a plasma cell rather than a pistol clip or shotgun shells, so you will be using some plasma-based gun a lot of the time which will make the mod pretty much incompatible with other weapon mods.
Last edited by Get Phobo on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

I'm working on a Doom64-inspired Portal-like puzzle mod for GZDoom. I figured I'd reveal this project of mine today, since it's Doom's 25th birthday.

ImageImageImage
Get Phobo

Post by Get Phobo »

Doom64 and Portal make for a nice combination. I noticed, however, that the pics take a long time to load. Converting them to JPGs with 70-80% quality might help here.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Soon, one of the last, if not the last obstacle to making mods in Strife and making preexisting mods truly compatible in Strife, will be quashed.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

Not really WIP by this point (just waiting for my pull request to get merged), but I made some better movement code for monsters. It's beautiful.

Here's GZDoom's built-in movement code for comparison:
Spoiler:
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Implemented Robocop's data spike as a weapon.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Haaaah i knew you would add Data Spike as Robocop's Melee weapon. And what's next? Ridiculous RC3 Jetpack and Arm Gun upgrade? :P
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Captain J wrote:Haaaah i knew you would add Data Spike as Robocop's Melee weapon. And what's next? Ridiculous RC3 Jetpack and Arm Gun upgrade? :P
A jetpack level would be pretty boss.

The arm gun will have to be in there too, I guess.
R4L
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by R4L »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19p4Gx ... YX9pdJMNv6
webm video

New animated HUD! Heart beats faster the more damage you've taken. Also, added some slight flicker to the flashlight and some ambient sounds to the very WIP map!
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I hacked some new sound effects into Metroid Prime 3
Spoiler: Why did I do this
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

Some button hint icon added. No more dirty strings on the screen!

Return to “Off-Topic”