If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
YukesVonFaust

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Kinsie wrote:█he ██o█s a█e r███in█...

HAH, YOU CAN'T TRICK ME, IT'S

ZSCRIPTED
R E E L I S M

I mean really, a new update to Reelism? This I gotta see.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

What have I done?

from my WIP mod Abysm 2: Infernal Contract
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Just started on this area In Green hill, building a little cave section inspired by that Pink Green hill rock texture you see from time to time.

How this map will work is, you'll need to Run around and Find 4 Runes to unlock the End of act section including a special boss fight. a one map demo is starting to take form finally.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks promising, doomfiend! I guess the inside of that cave is not entirely dark because of the gameplay balance and whatnot?
jazzmaster9 wrote:What have I done?
I guess you've just created the new hell for THE YEAR OF THE RAT!
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I usually always focus on gameplay first, Visuals follow suite. I also try and create geometry where the player is less likely to get snagged by actors and what not. big pet peeve of mine
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

Kinsie wrote:█he ██o█s a█e r███in█...
nice
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

been working on this thing again, a little. Having tweaked some crucial values the gameplay is much more enjoyable.
Namelessdeity

Post by Namelessdeity »

Walk around of the atmosphere processor, its a large multi level map for my aliens mod.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Sounds less dangerous than facing the "One Armed Bandit"... Count me in! :D
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Got inspired by Dark Messiah of Might & Magic's melee system, so I created a small mod that lets the player block attacks and also kick enemies into spike walls where they stick :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oooooh now that's very immersive than the BG fatality from Mortal Kombat series. But my question of the day will be this: how are those spikes work? Are those Actors with NOCLIP flag on it and constantly spawns small explosion?

It's like wizardry, let me tell you.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

The spike walls are just actors that check if something collides with them with the right angle and velocity, and then the colliding actor has some flags like NOGRAVITY set, and it's velocity changed dover a few frames, to make it stick :twisted:
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Cherno wrote: Got inspired by Dark Messiah of Might & Magic's melee system, so I created a small mod that lets the player block attacks and also kick enemies into spike walls where they stick :)
That is wicked cool, dude. Love seeing your mod wizardry in action.

Playing with more dynamic music stuff.

InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

So on a whim, I decided to start working on eced again. Here's a quick port of E1M1 I made with it to test some things. Felt like a fun way to practice some program structure stuff and it's proven fun to get all my ancient terrible code made slightly less terrible and slightly more structured. I've gotten saving to wads, loading from wads, a new renderer overhaul, improved thing rendering, floor and ceiling rendering, trigger visualization, and a large number of other features working. In the future I should hopefully have some fun features like sprite previews on things and 3D mode. I still have some concerns, though.
  • How do I best visualize tiles? I don't like the old school EGA graphics most editors have historically used, but they do at least distinguish well versus the variants of grey and blue stone. In addition, it's impossible to tell from above when a tile is inset. To handle the fact that ecwolf supports individual textures on each side, I was considering a view that divided the tile up into 4 "slices", though I'm not sure how effective it will be. 3D mode will help a lot there
  • How do I visualize floor codes? The current version just shows two hex digits, but it's pretty noisy and not super informative at a glance.
  • How will 3d mode work? I'm currently planning a free camera like DB2 and derived editors, but instead of selecting things to operate on them, I intend to use brushes still. So to texture an area, you'd select the texture brush, and sweep over the walls you want to change the textures of. But I don't know if this would be the most intuitive or fast way of doing it.
edit: and for fun, here's a pic with some actual floor textures present

Return to “Off-Topic”