The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: The WIP Thread

Postby TerminusEst13 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Scripten wrote:I have a bunch of textures that are suitable for Metroid-style maps that you're more than welcome to use. Most of them are taken from other sources, but there's a few original for things like the doors and the like, though those are... very simple, to put it nicely.

Thanks, but I already feel bad nicking your sprites, I'd not want to take the textures as well. :p
What I'm currently doing is taking Super Metroid tiles, increasing them in size and repolishing them by hand, in addition to stuff from Hunters/Prime.

Once I've got a decent basis, I'll send over what I've got.
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Twitch ID: TerminusEst13

Postby SyntherAugustus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Working on my map again. This time sliding doors and a fancy elevator is working. Using the default textures I made and color coding for different things (Red being switches, purple being doors, etc).
SyntherAugustus

Postby Ghastly » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:21 pm

So, was working on this with projectile trajectory, and discovered just how annoying doing equations with fixed point is (which I have to, because of how the game's gravitational constant is). Part of the equation overflows, and everything I do to get around this loses so much precision that it doesn't work anyway.

Oh well. At least I know the equation works. If anything changes, I can finish this.
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby Captain J » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:44 am

keep working for my version of the sgt. shiver's return to danger Expansion pack, also he's wait for this too so i gotta make it fast. and second sprite's origin goes too Majik Monkee, he sure did a great spriting works. also ripping a former ROTT sprites too.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby amv2k9 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:28 pm

zrrion the insect wrote:
amv2k9 wrote:Plasma projectiles that home in on enemies, but only when they bounce off surfaces.

Now make it ripping.
Exactly. I'm rigging up a version of the R667 Karasawa Gun with this, and I like it a lot more now :P
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby Woolie Wool » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:24 pm

Woolie Wool
Call Apogee Say "Snappity!"

Discord: Woolie Wool#9878
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Captain J » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:17 am

yummy, good to see it's back now!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby revo794 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:47 am

Dedicated to those who never really used hires graphics.
A month ago I was making a prototype for the DoomField's new menu. It was, to put it bluntly, a playground for me to learn some new menu designing techniques. Simplistic 55x21 lumps didn't satisfy me enough, so I tried out using "hires" graphics folder to replace the SMALLFONTS graphics first, and more afterwards. Choosing "Taxi Driver" theme without any particular intention, I soon ended up with this (attachment). Apparently, the abuse of hires folder in the .pk3 can bring some nice results, if you really try to make something out of it.
When you run the example, make sure your resolution is pretty high and is, for better offsetting, 4:3 compatible. Turning the music slider up is a good idea too. You'll notice that BIGFONT lump is not replaced, but it's the matter of time to do it anyway.
https://disk.yandex.ru/public/?hash=r1w ... iXoYwjM%3D
revo794
Local disaster caster

Discord: revo794#3295

Postby Captain J » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:12 am

enforcer master no.18.gif
improved enforcer master no.18 for spear: expension pack is almost done...i think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Ctrl+Alt+Destroy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:03 pm

revo794 wrote:Dedicated to those who never really used hires graphics.
A month ago I was making a prototype for the DoomField's new menu. It was, to put it bluntly, a playground for me to learn some new menu designing techniques. Simplistic 55x21 lumps didn't satisfy me enough, so I tried out using "hires" graphics folder to replace the SMALLFONTS graphics first, and more afterwards. Choosing "Taxi Driver" theme without any particular intention, I soon ended up with this (attachment). Apparently, the abuse of hires folder in the .pk3 can bring some nice results, if you really try to make something out of it.
When you run the example, make sure your resolution is pretty high and is, for better offsetting, 4:3 compatible. Turning the music slider up is a good idea too. You'll notice that BIGFONT lump is not replaced, but it's the matter of time to do it anyway.

That's pretty rad. Did you make the graphics yourself?
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Postby revo794 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:58 am

Yes, used "Defused" and "Purista" font as the basis though. The photos were taken from the movie gallery.
revo794
Local disaster caster

Discord: revo794#3295

Postby Amuscaria » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Finally got my act together and finished the firing frames for the new Autoshotgun. Testing the animation to see if additional frames are needed. If not, then I wont bother using the extra stuff I made.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:59 pm

looks tasty
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Discord: 霧雨魔理沙#1666
Twitch ID: magusmarisa
Github ID: OrdinaryMagician
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby SamVision » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:26 pm

SamVision

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

OOOH Shiny! (The grip)
TheMightyHeracross
...and remember: his silence is golden.

Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit

PreviousNext