The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Captain J »

Nash wrote:You should make the motion more primal and beastly. :D They're supposed to be hulking around heavily due to their large body mass. Maybe look at how apes move on Youtube or something.
Yet, it looks stiff-y, like made out of SFM without smoothing them or something. Other than that, i'm really excited to see the another animations from zanieon!
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

reminds me of the first few seconds of this.
Nash

Post by Nash »

leileilol wrote:reminds me of the first few seconds of this.
oh god how did i go on in my life without knowing this video exists
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

trying to make the hell part of moonsong 2. I want something that's dark and sort of cold looking, but I don't think I have enough skill and the right resources to really pull this off

I'm not feeling too happy with these concepts at the moment though. I might abandon the concept of a void and try to find some gray rock textures, and make it a cavern rather than a dark void. I think that might end up looking nicer. Overall though I'm having a lot of trouble actually getting Moonsong 2 to feel right at the moment. Everything went so well in Moonsong, and the whole point of the map was to try to get a little more confident with design, and it certainly helped, but I'm still struggling to make something that's actually interesting.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Make all 80 light sector and you will proably get a good result, 80 of light value for me worked well to make dark places for Software mode.

BTW about the Hellknight well i didn't slept when i was doing that running animation now that i rested and eaten a Snickers here is the second attempt:
Spoiler:
Ther's also the Leaping already and this one will look strange on Blender anyway because i tend to work sometimes with static frames ingame like the mid-air animation for some of the monsters which only plays the landing anim until they really touches the floor, on the case of this anim he should be freeze in the mid air frame until he touches the floor and complete it by smashing the ground, well after i do all anims i'll test him in my mod first, then make a second polish pass if necessary.
Spoiler:
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Zanieon wrote: BTW about the Hellknight well i didn't slept when i was doing that running animation now that i rested and eaten a Snickers here is the second attempt:
Spoiler:
Make the upper part of the body dont move almost static, and the legs more slow and with hump when it hit the floor (also a kind of self balance moving it side to side), remember it does not need to be fast but strong ;)
take note of the t-rex and alien queen movement :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

leileilol wrote:reminds me of the first few seconds of this.
I didn't even noticed this popular beauty and the meme child it made.

I really hid myself under a rock isn't it?
Zanieon wrote:Ther's also the Leaping already and this one will look strange on Blender anyway because i tend to work sometimes with static frames ingame like the mid-air animation for some of the monsters which only plays the landing anim until they really touches the floor, on the case of this anim he should be freeze in the mid air frame until he touches the floor and complete it by smashing the ground, well after i do all anims i'll test him in my mod first, then make a second polish pass if necessary.
Spoiler:
Now that's how you make the animation with big hulking bodies, Zanieon! Well, except this slamming animation is again, stiff unlike running animation!
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

I had a strong red oni for a player idea, though my creative block didn't go for anything more than "red horned musclebuilder in a tiger bikini" so i dropped it for now and switched my priorities to making modest characters instead to catch up (3) with the amount of not-very-modest characters (6)

I just shat this one out right now which may be textured within the next 48 hours.
Spoiler: tig bicture
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

Just finished a mouse menu in ACS. You can select the characters and accept using the mouse!

enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Some map I might abandon like always.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

K, here's the two leaps i remember he did in NuDoom:

The first one may look short on air standing but again that is because i made it with intention to freeze him in a frame until he don't touches the floor.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Xenomia is going really well! The build we'll have at the con is gonna be very nice and solid. It's coming along really well and my brother's engine edits are already pretty sweet and improve the game a great deal. I'm excited! The symbols for the other Factions in the game are going to premiere to the public on our com banner as well!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

DrPyspy wrote:Just finished a mouse menu in ACS. You can select the characters and accept using the mouse!
Neat going, but what are those original-character inspired children?
Zanieon wrote:K, here's the two leaps i remember he did in NuDoom:
Now that's better!
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Captain Ventris wrote:Xenomia is going really well! The build we'll have at the con is gonna be very nice and solid. It's coming along really well and my brother's engine edits are already pretty sweet and improve the game a great deal. I'm excited! The symbols for the other Factions in the game are going to premiere to the public on our com banner as well!
Sweet! Are you going to be launching this on Steam as well? I don't think it should be too hard to rustle up support around here. :)
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

This map I'm doing is gonna be a hangar style level, except it'll be more of a ground vehicle base. Should I post screenshots of the progress so far? It looks bland at the moment.

Return to “Off-Topic”