Post by Rachael »

My thoughs about 4chan:

Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Marisa the Magician »

I've been banned at least 3 times from 4chan. It's pretty easy when the mods are in a banny mood.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Banny mood, you say!?

Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Nah i'm fine if the ban range is temporary, otherwise AAAAAAAAAAW FUCK then, i can read the board but sucks not being able to post.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Why would you want to use 4chan?
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

I didn't say it! You can't blame me.

Incentally, I may have been watching too much of a trash talking GM duo playing blitz and tempted to throw out a "before you were born" joke and say very suspicious things that may get me a thread on 4chan. Ah Ben Finegold, never change.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I guess using Reddit is at least better. Right?

... Right?
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Announced it a couple days ago, but my novel is going up for Kindle E-Boom pre-orders on the first, and will be out in Ebook and Paperback format on the 15th. It’s insane to think about!
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

TheMightyHeracross wrote:Why would you want to use 4chan?
Captain J wrote:I guess using Reddit is at least better. Right?

... Right?
HalfChan is any idiot standing on the box and people shouting back at them. They may all be jackasses but at least their honest in their opinion, becuase hey, internet fuckwad theory in action. basically a wonderland for NEETs and rejects where , until they get banned and then we have problems (don't be fooled, /pol/ is a containment board, killing it is the equivalent of breaking open an anthrax vile test tube beaker backpack in public on a windy day.)

Reddit is a massive circle jerk so hard you can actually see the bias go so far overboard to do dumb shit(They banned whale watching at one point because they thought it was about fat people when it was actually about whale watching) go into a sub and watch the stroking of the popular opinion in that sub. (fucking incels)

Oh God I just remembered on april fools when they merged boards: /mlp/ and /pol/ got smashed together making /mlpol/ along with:
/fitlit/ – Well-Rounded Citizens
/mo/ – Mecha & Auto
/spa/ – Tanoshii Sports
/vint/ – International Vidya
/can/ – Animals/Cute
/mtv/ – Video Killed The Radio Star
/cock/ – Comics & Cartoons & Cooking
/fap/ – Fashion & Photography
/outsoc/ – Outdoor Socialization
Spoiler: Bonus photo, best thing to come out of /mlpol/: The 44444 get
Captain Ventris wrote:Announced it a couple days ago, but my novel is going up for Kindle E-Boom pre-orders on the first, and will be out in Ebook and Paperback format on the 15th. It’s insane to think about!
Congrats, please fuck the pre-orderers with a file that just says suckers.txt then send the actual book a whole day after release :P
FFFFRRRR

Post by FFFFRRRR »

insightguy wrote: Reddit is a massive circle jerk so hard you can actually see the bias go so far overboard to do dumb shit(They banned whale watching at one point because they thought it was about fat people when it was actually about whale watching) go into a sub and watch the stroking of the popular opinion in that sub. (fucking incels)
Reddit is OK for sharing and finding funny/interesting pictures and such. But don't try to improve your life on it. You'll often get into questionable communities that way.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

FFFFRRRR wrote:
insightguy wrote: Reddit is a massive circle jerk so hard you can actually see the bias go so far overboard to do dumb shit(They banned whale watching at one point because they thought it was about fat people when it was actually about whale watching) go into a sub and watch the stroking of the popular opinion in that sub. (fucking incels)
Reddit is OK for sharing and finding funny/interesting pictures and such. But don't try to improve your life on it. You'll often get into questionable communities that way.
I have a Reddit account. I am literally only subscribed to /r/aww.

[edit] oh, and /r/theocho (if it's almost a sport, you'll find it here)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Reddit as a whole has a justified terrible reputation; but that doesn't mean every single "subreddit" is awful.

I'd just advise to steer waaaaay clear away from anything that looks like a political discussion sub.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

I only ever visit r/surrealmemes and r/monsterhunter, so I get to miss a lot of the idiocy that goes in other subs.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Wow, EA is messing things up so bad they're going to get regulations on Loot Boxes as gambling. Before we call that a victory: what do EA and small content creators have in common? Selling randomized goods for money. Whether it's called a "Loot Box" or a "Gacha", if it's digital it's dangerously close to the same thing. This could hurt people trying to make content and just wanting to randomize it. Granted, Linden Labs is situated in California, but eventually, all the states are going to weigh in on things Hawaii is already setting a precedent.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Rachael wrote:My thoughs about 4chan:

More like:

Return to “Off-Topic”