Rampage movie trailer

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
spoone

Rampage movie trailer

Post by spoone »

https://youtu.be/coOKvrsmQiI

I don't know how to feel about this. I love the game on ps2,but this does almost nothing for me. They already fucked up the game by not having the monsters start off as humans. Also wasn't the crocodile a lizard in the game?

I guess the Rock didn't learn to stay away from video game movies.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Rampage movie trailer

Post by Rachael »

I have a feeling most video game movies are geared toward people who have no idea about the franchise, originally, and that definitely seems to be the case here. I never played the Rampage games, but the movie trailer looks intriguing to me.

At least it's not a Uwe Boll movie. :)
spoone

Post by spoone »

Also I didn't know how to do it so you could play the video in the post.
Sgt Nate V

Post by Sgt Nate V »

[youtube]video code after watch?v= in url[/youtube]
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Man, does that bring back my youth! I wonder if it's going to be strictly action, or with some well placed humor, as the original game and its sequels were all somewhat comedic.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Like spoon said,originaly in the games,the monsters are actually humans who mutated when being in contact with a weird substance that was created in laboratories made by a scientific corporation.

George (Gorilla) and Ralph (wolf) are 2 male humans and Lizzy (Reptile) is a female human.

Also im not sure why they decided to make George fur white,in the game it's supposed to be brown.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I think the use of Smashing Pumpkins for the trailers suggests a lack in creativity here. By that I mean smashing is the reason they chose. Just another example of the typical action movie "stealing and mutating" a more rich and classic story line. Not to mention that this might as well be a King Kong movie.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Rachael wrote: At least it's not a Uwe Boll movie. :)
Uwe Boll already made a Rampage movie though.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Serious Question: Has there been a movie about a video game (wreck it ralph does not count as it uses the world rather that any one game) that's been good? I mean, apparently I heard silent hill was a decent one, but why do they never translate well to the movie medium?

How would a movie do video-games well anyway?
Is there a restriction of effective genres? (like horror being a better catalyst than say, Strategy or Action-based)
Is it better to redo the plot, do a re-imagining or have a parallel story?
Spoiler: Here's a shitty idea for a TV series
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

The biggest problem is people who make movies are WAY too concerned (in fact, obsessively so) with what THEY think is the best way to execute a plot. That means leaving out extremely important and crucial details that people have grown to love in the original medium from which such movies may be derived.

This happens with books remade as movies, as well, not just games. It also often happens with movies "based on a true story" - be it historical or simply a famous event.

That is the real crux of the problem - no one wants to be faithful when the movie is actually made.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

insightguy wrote:Serious Question: Has there been a movie about a video game (wreck it ralph does not count as it uses the world rather that any one game) that's been good?
Mortal Kombat (the first one only), Resident Evil, and Silent Hill were pretty good. Obviously "good" is a subjective measurement and all three had their detractors, but I remember the critical reception to all three being generally positive and the first two commercially successful (not sure about SH being a commercial success since I haven't heard of a planned sequel). I personally enjoyed Doom as well, as long as you can get passed the fact that it's very light on the hell stuff.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Silent Hill did have a sequel, Revelation, based on the 3rd game, and was an atrocious mess compared to the original movie, which actually did a decent job at staying relatively faithful to the original game (even going so far as to use the original soundtrack for the movie. yes, THAT soundtrack).
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I don't know if it counts at all, but there was a live-action tie-in short film for Assassin's Creed II that was very well done.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:Silent Hill did have a sequel, Revelation, based on the 3rd game, and was an atrocious mess compared to the original movie, which actually did a decent job at staying relatively faithful to the original game (even going so far as to use the original soundtrack for the movie. yes, THAT soundtrack).

Every time I remember that moment where you know who ripped the skin of you know, I cringe so badly.

Return to “Off-Topic”