The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by NeuralStunner »

Trance wrote:Just got internet back this evening. [...]
Rachael wrote:So yeah - I am okay, and life pretty much has continued as usual, for me.
Glad you folks are alright!

Meanwhile, I want to buy a genuine Roland SoundCanvas. :? There's a nice USB-MIDI one but I'm not 100% certain the Vista-era driver would work on my system.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Good luck with that. SoundCanvases are fragmented and specialized especially the SC-88. There's also a young obsessed retro fandom that chases anyone who owns them so beware of that as well (not too different than old veteran 3d card owners getting begged to upload their oem games like incontinence of blackmarsh)
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

So I just ported the part of my engine that can render sprites to ms-dos and it's not that bad :D

k next step is to bring some sound to ms-dos or a better input handler...
Xane123
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Xane123 »

Successfully updated my game's version of GZDoom to the latest version as of now. Now to find out why I keep getting an error about "null replacing core file 'actors/constants.txt'" whe I use my own compiled gzdoom.pk3 instead of one from an official build...
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

leileilol wrote:Good luck with that. SoundCanvases are fragmented and specialized especially the SC-88. There's also a young obsessed retro fandom that chases anyone who owns them so beware of that as well (not too different than old veteran 3d card owners getting begged to upload their oem games like incontinence of blackmarsh)
I have two options: The D70 (digital I/O), or the VA (VSTi). The latter would be cheaper, but I'm not entirely sure about running a virtual device. (I haven't been able to get the SC VA trial version to work with the vstimidi driver at all.)

Edit: Minor gripes aside, the more I tinker with the virtual SC, the more I like it. There'd be some distinct advantages over the external module (not the least of which is cost).
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

I've opened applications for Early Readers to read my novel and give feedback. If interested, there are some questions to fill out here: viewtopic.php?p=1018807#p1018807
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

Do you guys see what happened in Mexico today.

The Philippines says the powerful earthquake that rocked central Mexico has badly damaged its embassy in Mexico City, but the staffers were unhurt and there are so far no reports of casualty among the 60 members of the Filipino community in Mexico City.

It is also offering its sympathy to Mexico following Tuesday's powerful earthquake that killed at least 149 people and collapsed dozens of buildings in the capital and nearby states.

Presidential spokesman Ernesto Abella says: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Mexico, especially the bereaved families, who were hit and affected by a magnitude 7.1 earthquake."

The Latest: Mexico civil defense agency raises quake death toll to 226, more than half in capital.

If there's anybody here that lives in Mexico or near Mexico city my thoughts and prayers go out to you and to your family. :(
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Rachael wrote:
Trance wrote:Was anybody else here close enough to Irma to feel it knocking? How'd you fare?
You and I discussed this a bit in Discord - so you're probably wondering what happened to me.

Irma came and visited alright, but I was spared the worst of the winds. However, it did rain - and I mean a *lot*. And it was pretty easy to tell it was hurricane rains just by the smell of it.

However - nothing (that I know of) near me actually got flooded, and Irma pretty much stopped in its tracks in southern Georgia. So while I did get some effects of Irma, I did escape the worst that the storm had to offer - had it continued on its course, the eye would've pathed near me about somewhere between 10 to 30 or so miles away as a tropical storm, but it fizzled out before that happened.

So yeah - I am okay, and life pretty much has continued as usual, for me. No one that I personally know has died or gotten seriously injured from the hurricane yet, that I've heard of, so that is a bit of a relief, for me.
I'm super glad you're alright Miss Rachael. I was worried. I lost power for about two weeks, and the house I'm taking care of for summer had a tree projectile through the screened in pool\porch that I sawed down by hand... But everyone is safe.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

And i'm also hyper-glad to hear. You guys are alright! And i just hope this kind of hurricane never happens again. I mean really.
Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

I'm in Fort Pierce Florida right now and helping out aunt and uncle I've been here since Monday. Fort Pierce did get alot of damage from irma but it ain't as bad as Tampa when we drove by. My aunt and uncle are doing just well we are cleaning up all the damage that they had and so far we are doing just fine here.

Just seen on TV that hurricane Maria wiped out all communications and power in Puerto Rico but its not supposed to hit Florida but they said we might get some rain and winds from it.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Good to see that the list of dead contributors isn't expanding recently.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

No, ReShade won't get you soft-banned (some other graphic injections like SweetFX can, I believe), and as long as you don't do anything illegal to the save itself, you can do this completely offline without issue. You can also use in-game mechanics to trick it. For example, you can swap to a completely different class by going completely offline, changing your starting class with Cheat Engine, and then using Rosaria to change your stats to something legal for that class (must use Rosaria, because the anti-cheat can detect stat changes if you don't use Rosaria while offline). I do this with my PvP character to swap builds.
Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

Today is the first day of Fall in Florida and believe it or not in Indiana where I live it hit up to 96 degree and the weekend is going to stay in the 90s. But it won't be to much longer before we see winter come back again. So hopefully the people up in Indiana enjoy the hot weather while it last before it gets cold again.

Return to “Off-Topic”