[ZS] libtooltipmenu 0.2.0 -- add tooltips to your MENUDEF

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ToxicFrog
Github ID: toxicfrog

[ZS] libtooltipmenu 0.2.0 -- add tooltips to your MENUDEF

Post by ToxicFrog »

This is a simple one-file ZScript library that lets you easily add tooltips to your OptionMenu-based menus. The tooltips are added and configured entirely in the MENUDEF; no code changes are needed apart from loading the library. Position, sizing, font, colour, and background image can be easily configured on a per-menu or per-tooltip basis. I wrote it because I'm working on a few projects of my own, and didn't like adding huge amounts of StaticText to the options menu to explain the options or telling the user to alt-tab out and check the README.

It's released under the MIT license, free to use for any purpose (including commercial and closed-source). Feel free to add it as a dependency, bundle the pk3 with your mod, or copy the zscript into your own codebase (but if you do, please rename the classes to avoid conflicts).
Spoiler: Documentation & Downloads
Spoiler: Screenshots
Last edited by ToxicFrog on Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ToxicFrog

Bufix release: 0.1.2

Post by ToxicFrog »

Released 0.1.2. This fixes a rendering bug and is backwards compatible with 0.1.1.
ToxicFrog

Bugfix release: 0.1.3

Post by ToxicFrog »

Released 0.1.3. This fixes an intermittent crash when opening the menu.
ToxicFrog

Feature release: 0.2.0

Post by ToxicFrog »

This adds automatic tooltip text scaling based on resolution, along with the ability to override that scaling in the MENUDEF.

Return to “Script Library”