PDA Starter Kit v1.2

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.

Re: PDA Starter Kit v1.2

Postby Deon » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:01 pm

This is fantastic.

I have only one question: is it possible to modify the text of a PDA message from ACS/zscript? I would like to add "notes" as soon as a random quest is generated (it can have random type/amount of enemies to kill). The current note text is static. Is it possible to access/modify custom properties of an actor such as "PDA.text"?
Deon

Postby DoomwithaView » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:45 am

Hey, is anyone using this to display mulitple different interfaces?

I'm using it as a PDA (working great), but I thought it would be an easy task to create a second interface (PC terminals). My using would just require a different background and, ideally, a separate content pool, so that collected PDA's don't show in the PC interface.

Is there a consice way to achieve this that I'm missing that isn't duplicating all of the code?

TIA
DoomwithaView

Discord: DitheredOutput

Postby Deon » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:48 pm

I came here to say that my previous question doesn't need an answer, I've managed to learn ZForms thanks to this amazing mod, and now I made my own interface which has everything I need.

Spoiler:

@DoomithaView, you can use the existing class just fine, but this one depends on items being in your inventory. You would want to modify it so it checks something else, like ZScript variables.
Deon

Previous

Return to Script Library